xx 03 xx

Playing with Signs

Chapter Three
Mark Tuan (Mark) POV

 

“Hyung, andwaeyo!!!” Bambam’s voice echoed in the room followed by muffled sounds of his protest as Jackson sat on his head with a pillow.

“Joseonghamdina. I can't hear you.” Jackson taunted as he started to bounce up and down. Jackson just got to the dressing room when he saw that Bambam took his seat. He told the younger to move, so he can sit back on his seat but Bambam refused to and Jackson’s retaliation is to sit on the same spot he sat on five minutes ago which unfortunately is where Bambam’s head is laying on.

The more Bambam tries to protest the more Jackson would either bounce around or make a louder noise.

Mark opens his eyes from trying to rest. There was no way he can try to get a little shut eye now since the two has started. He’s used to this though. This is how the members’ deals with their anxiety on their first comeback stage normally. It has been almost a year since their last release which was their longest hiatus since they debuted, though the boys have been busy with a world tour for almost eight months and this album.

So it’s twice the anxiousness now, with the fact that this comeback is all GOT7's result of their hard work. All the 13 songs in this album is produced by either him or JB, even the songs are mostly written by the other members too.

This is GOT7's first album that all the credit goes to them. 

He knows how s tries to release tension.

Jackson and Bambam would play around just to distract themselves, and be as loud as possible. Jinyoung would just quietly eyeing the two carefully, seeing if he has to play the mother role soon if their play gets too rough. Yugyeom is on the other side of the room practicing his dance solo for this performance.

While Youngjae—yep the kid is sleeping. It always amuses Mark how Youngjae can sleep easily. He doesn’t even need to be in a comfortable spot… if he has his mind set on sleeping then he’d fall asleep there and then. Though, he'll probably wake up soon to start vocalizing which would add to the chaos in the room.

Then there’s him… who has been officially been awake for about seventeen hours. He already has his regrets for the day. He regretted not drinking his morning coffee thinking that he should take a nap before while everyone else is getting ready, he was afraid that the coffee would make his heart palpitate from having no sleep. So how he has a headache from caffeine withdrawal.

He should have just not tried sleeping last night. he was just tossing and turning last night when he had already settled in bed really early. He was just staring at his ceiling listening to their

Mark was rubbing his head with his fingers trying to massage the migraine that no pain relief has taken effected just yet. He also started to notice that his neck started to feel stiff… he recalls that he gave JB two muscle patches this morning since JB had slightly pulled a muscle on his arm from practice yesterday.

Speaking of which Mark just noticed that his leader has been missing for a while now. He didn’t need to ask where JB is though because he knows where JB is hiding when everyone is getting busy with their own thing.

“Jackson-ah. You are suffocating Bambam now.” Jinyoung finally spoke up since the younger had stopped protesting loudly and his movements started to go slower.

That was the last thing Mark heard before he left the room to find JB…



Mark turned to the corner where he suspected JB would be found and just as he correctly guessed his leader was standing there by the restroom door and interestingly enough is talking to a girl. A rookie girl group it looks like it since the girl is emanating a nervous feel.

This doesn’t really surprise Mark since JB is usually politely helpful towards rookie groups. It is because JB is a firm believer of paying it forward since Eukwang of BTOB helped him when they were rookies as well.

The girl he was talking to slightly turned towards Mark’s direction and in that same second they made eye contact by accident. She froze then started to get flustered. She then bowed to JB and left, leaving JB confused.

There is this gnawing feeling in the back of Mark’s head, she looks so familiar but he can’t just picture where he’s seen her. Though more interestingly enough, she looked more flustered to see him. Not the omg Mark from GOT7 look but more than that, something embarassing for her.

He decides to walk towards JB to ask who it was.

“What are you looking at?” Mark asked as he lightly patted JB’s back by the time he was standing beside JB there was no one on the hallway and it just seemed like he was just standing there awkwardly for no reason at all.

“It’s nothing.” JB just shrugged innocently.

Mark just squinted at him. He knew well enough he was lying but he understood why he didn’t response and he isn’t going to push the issue anyway. Not yet. “Okay then…” (Bold=English)

“Pain patch?” JB asked when he noticed that Mark was touching the back of his neck absentmindedly.

Mark just grinned proudly, “And this is why you are the leader.” JB can always anticipate the needs of s without saying anything out loud and lately JB has been getting better at that.

“Yeah.” JB scratched the back of his head shyly. “Gaja” he looks at his watch to see that it was it was thirty minutes before their performance and they needed to go upstairs now. “I left it in my bag.”

Mark nods, “Yeah, probably have to return back now. Before I left the room Jackson was almost suffocating Bam.”

JB’s eyes grew wide and he cursed under his breath then started running towards the dressing room. He know how Jackson can get too rough when he plays sometimes.

Mark was stunned at first to see how quickly JB zoomed past him. He just laughed remembering his expression. “Yah! Katchiga!” (Wait up!) then he ran after JB as fast he could.



“Water please.” Yugyeom cried out as soon as he walked in their dressing room after their live performance. He had already finished his water on the way down. It also didn’t help that it was already half empty, his hyungs was taking turns drinking from it since they had forgotten to get a drink their own.

“That was daebak!” Bambam cheered excitedly as he collapsed on the chair next to Youngjae.

Mark just finds the closest empty seat beside the couch by Bambam and just watched s excitedly share their moments on stage just now, once again teasing JB that they saw him make a mistake on the second verse of the dance.

“Kunyang…” (Just) JB tries to explain but Jackson’s voice was already overlapping his and mimicked his mistake along with Yugyeom. “Aish… jinja.” JB hides his frustration with a smile. He saw Bambam doing the same thing and decides to tackle Bambam instead of Jackson.

“Ay! Hyung!!” Bambam screamed in frustration and he complained saying that everyone else was teasing him but why is it him that gets the hit.

“I didn’t .” Mark raises his hand to say that he was just quietly sitting there trying not to laugh.

“Ah, gamsa Mark-ah,” JB said sarcastically as he tightened the choke hold he has on their maknae. “Now stop moving…” he mumbled at Bambam and he ruffles Bambam's hair against it’s hairstyled side.

Amongst the chaos that is the beagle7, their manager walks in. “Listen. The rookie groups was hoping to start their greetings now.”

“Ohhhhh…” Bambam said excitedly, he was able to free himself from JB's hold due to the distraction. Rookies usually greet their sunbaes after performances. It reminds them that years ago they used to do this too and now they feel great honor that it’s their turn to be greeted. “Is it a girl group?"

“Eyyyy!” Jinyoung scolded Bambam and he hits his arm. “Don’t be a ert.”

“It’s a legit question!” Bambam protested since he was going to get another abuse from Youngjae. The boys knows that there are 5 groups debuting today. Three boy groups and 2 girl groups they had already met Dark earlier today which was a guy group.

“Still doesn’t change the fact that you’re being dirty.” Jackson teased.

“YaH! Even you get excited when girl groups greet us!” Bambam exclaimed.

“Naeya? Eunje?!” (Me? When?!) Jackson said dramatically as he threw a slap on his chest.

“Yes you!” Bambam said, even Yugyeom joined in to defend his friend.

"It's BlackPink so please behave." The manager said trying to stop the boys from bickering unessesarily since they are sort of wasting time. "I know they aren't a rookie group but they need to reintroduce."

Jackson and bambam looks at each other excitedly then shrieks like little fan girls, forgetting that the two of them had just a tiny mishap teasing each other. Bambam gets to tease his friend for greeting again.

"Aish...." Mark could hear JB curse under his breath. Glaring at Bambam and Jackson.

"Calm down." Mark shoved his hand on BamBam's mouth but he was able to wiggle free and ran to Jackson.

"Baaaam!!!" Jackson shrieked out as he linked his fingers on his dongsaeng and they started jumping together.

The manager glares at the two and points at them, "JInja. Hajima.." He snapped.

"Deh." Jackson immediately lets go of Bambam but they were still smiling like fools. He tried to keep a straight face when bambam was stifling a giggle.

JB then snaps his fingers to signal everyone  stand up when the manager opens the door.

The boys filed in a straight line to greet their hoobaes.

When the door opened, a man enters and followed by all four group members of Black Pink and the new girl.

She had her head down and it's clear that she is too nervous. That's when he noticed, that girl Jaebum was talking to a while ago was the new member of Black Pink. So no wonder she looked familiar he's came across her in articles.

She had turned her head and their eyes met. She froze for a second and walked forward, immediately looking away when Lisa slightly urged her forward.

Mark grins, clearly GOT7 is the first people she greeted with her members among the other idols that are here today. He recalls how the first sunbae they had greeted was 2NE1. Jackson and Bambam almost about died even before walking towards their dressing room.

Jennie Kim pursed her lips when she looks over towards Jackson because he had a goofy smile on his face, clearly teasing. Lisa was trying her best to avoid Bambam's gaze since he was trying not to laugh.

Obviously, this is how friends act around each other when cameras aren't around but still had to respect as the fact that GOT7 is a sunbae.

"Hana, deul, Set...." Jisoo started, "Anyeonghasaeyo, Black Pink-mida." They did their 90 degree bow as GOT7 followed.

He wasn't really paying much attention to the greetings since he knows the girls but when the new girl spoke was when he looked towards that direction. She was trying her best to not even glance towards his direction. She was looking at everywhere but....

He could feel his eyebrows meet in question slightly. Other than seeing an article about the new member, she does look familiar. A nudge in his brain is telling him to think harder but he still can't figure it out.

"Anyeonghasaeyo, Jade-mida. Main Vocal. I'm the oldest of the group."

Ahh, she's oldest of the group. Like him the oldest but not the leader, though there isn't a leader in BlackPink so it's sort of different.

And that same second when she raised her head they both made eye contact again. And this time she looked away just as quickly as if validating Mark's suspicion that he knows her from somewhere else. The thing is, it's actually how she's acting right now and also the way she's looking at him is quite strange. Not that Mark is full of it, it's just that he is used to people staring at him or gawking at him secretly so he knows what adoration or someone finding him attractive is. But how she is making sure she's looking at anywhere but his direction. She is deliberately avoiding his gaze at all cost as if she doesn't want him to notice her.

He looks around to see if he's met her somewhere from the other members before but Yugyeom and Jinyoung just looks normal with a polite smile.

Youngjae on the other hand has such a proud excited smile on his face, though this kid is always so encouraging to almost everyone so he doubts it’s from him.

He can’t even glance towards Bambam and Jackson because they are embarrassing the heck out of him.

Bambam just likes girls, and also the fact that he is friends with the maknae line.

While Jackson is, well he is being Jackson.

And then, JB has a proud smile on his face. He could ask his leader about it later.

"Alright." JB said softly gesturing that it's their turn to greet their hoobaes, "hana dul set, Come and get it."

"We are Got7." The boys greeted.

Then like rehearsed, Bambam and Jackson in unison started to do the point dance move the boys sang a line of their song. "I need your love, boy."

Everyone in the room bursted in to laughter as Bambam and Jackson kept synchronized in the dance.

Lisa was trying her best not to laugh but failing miserably when Bambam was overdoing the dance making it more wavy than strong and knife like.

Mark and Jinyoung just stared at each other. "When do you suppose they had time to practice this, hyung?" Jinyoung leaned over to whisper into Mark's.

Mark was still staring at Chaera and replied. "You know what, I've decided not to even cross that bridge, ever."

Jinyoung just pursed his lips and shakes his head in embarrassment.

"The new girl, have we meet her before somewhere?" Mark finally asked Jinyoung since it was driving him crazy already. Normally these things don't bother him but the fact that she's looking at him as if he's done her wrong... Well he wasn't so sure.

"Jade-sii?" Jinyoung just stares at him giving him a questioned look. "Not that I know of." He says slowly. He also looks at their other members to see if there are some sort of recognition because there are times when rookies idols are either from the same town or someone they had trained with once or auditioned with before. "Wheyo?" He raised an eyebrow at his hyung curious as to why he asked. He usually doesn't bother about trivial things.

Mark smirks, "No reason. Just curious." Jinyoung and Jaebum usually has the same acquaintances so if he doesn't recognize anyone that means Jaebum doesn't know either.

But Jinyoung still was suspicious of him, "You're never curious."

He glances over at Jade again who was trying her best not to laugh out too much at Jackson and Bambam then when she noticed Mark staring at her. She turns around to hide her face behind Rose's shoulder. "I guess so."

"You're being weird..." Jinyoung adds as he just pats his shoulder.

And Mark wanted to say that he agrees but at the same time he just didn't want to over think as much anymore.

Within the commotion, Mark leans over towards JB. "You know her?" Since he noticed that Jade has given JB a friendly smile which the leader returned.

"What?" JB got caught by the question at first, but he shook his head. He didn't seem guilty at all though. "Oh, no. I met her today. She was looking for the restroom." But there was an amusement smile on his face as if he knew some inside joke or something. "Why?" JB asked curiously since Mark never gets curious like this.

"No reason...." He simply lied. No need to dwell on it now. Maybe he is just overthinking it and probably just seen her in passing or even—

And then it came to him. Her name isn't familiar at all because it's not her real name. He tried to remember the article he read and for some reason her name didn't stick or thought it as significant.

He grinned when he finally recalled where he's seen her. Well it's such a small world isn't it he thought to himself. At some point he'll remember her name but one thing he knows for sure...

He went to high school with her.

And by accident she caught his gaze again, trying to see if he was still looking at her. When she turned away so quickly that she just validated his answer.

But the way she is acting, it's as if Mark did he wrong… The thing is what?

 

 

a/n

hehe should i keep this going?lol

check this ouuuut pleaaseee heheh

xomment or subbb?

thaankss