Chapter 6: Fixing Things

My Stepsister - Jung Yerin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fixing Things

Words:6210 words

Pairing: SinRin/RinB

Rating: NC-17


"Yes dad. I am glad to hear from you. Spill it out I am listening." Yerin told her dad who is being anxious. Heechul swallow hard, she let out a sigh to give himself a courage. "I get mad to dad, and to my brother because your mom told me that she left and find another man because my family still can't accept her." Heechul explained.

"But the truth was?" Yerin is really wondering to know the answer. She is desperate to know this. Heechul was still hesitating if he will spill out the truth or not, but he guesses this is the right time for her lovely daughter to know. Yerin is not a child anymore.

"Dad I am ready now to know the answer.” Yerin smiles a little as she holds the hand of her father. Heechul swallow hard and take a deep sigh as he starts. "Remember when you are young?" Heechul asked, the question was answered with a nod from Yerin. “You asked me why your classmates are teasing you right? Then I choose to transfer you to a more special school." Yerin thought a little and she remembered that.

"You know why I did that?" Yerin shook her head. "Because way back then you were special. Special in a way that other people can't understand your situation." Yerin gets what her father wants to say. Her body was shaking. Her heart is pounding and saying that her dad can hear it is an understatement. She made a conclusion in her mind, but she wants her dad to not say the same thing in her mind. Because if her dad did, she does not know what she would feel towards her mom.

"Don't tell me dad she left me due to my condition." Yerin is shaking her head. Tears are rolling in her eyes. Heechul lowered his head. "How I want to deny Yennie, I myself want to deny it. But I cannot. Your mom was blinded by what people say. She forgot that her role is not to please others, but to be a good role model to her child." Heechul says with a heavy heart. Seeing Yerin being hurt like this is something he despises. The hatred of Yerin for her mother grows bigger.

"How about Umji?" Yerin's voice is shaking. "She was really good that time, as Dae sung hyung stated. Umji is a smarter girl than you were back then." Heechul added, and it fueled Yerin's anger. Yerin's body is shaking. Her mind is clogged by pain and anger. Her heart is clogging with frustration, sadness, and disappointment.

"I thought she was my hero" Yerin says as she stands. Heechul looked at her. "Where are you going?" Heechul asked worriedly. "I want to be alone dad." Yerin said and walked out of the restaurant. Heechul watches his daughter leave. She knows Yerin very well. She knows Yerin is matured enough. "If you still need me, always remember you have a dad." Heechul mumbled.

 

SinB tried to call Yerin's number, but she always ended up leaving a voice mail. "Yennie call me if you hear this." She waits patiently at Yerin's clinic. Someone knocks on the door. "Dr. Hwang"

"Yes Nurse Son"

"Dr. Jung wasn't around?" The nurse asked. SinB raised her eyebrow. "What do you think?"

"I am sorry, I just want to say that one of the interns is looking for her." The nurse stated. "Tell that intern that my lover wasn't around. Now go, do not disturb me. Look at the door when you leave." SinB says and plays with her phone. The nurse bowed and left the room. Then SinB's phone vibrates "Sorry if I am not able to answer your call." SinB immediately typed a reply. "Where are you? I am worried."

"I am here."

"Where?"

"I don't know what place this is. I just drove and I ended up in the countryside" SinB read the reply.

"Something is wrong.” SinB's thought.

"Is there any problem?"

"Can you let me stay here alone? Do not worry about me. I will call you when I get home. I love you." SinB is worried for Yerin, but she wants to give the girl time; she also wants to respect the girl's decision. "Let us talk when you got home?"

"Ok.” SinB lay on the couch and let the time pass.


Yerin watches the stars up in the sky. She sits sadly om the hood of her car. She closed her eyes and tears fell to her eyes. Memories start rolling back.


 

Yerin was in her chair. They are waiting for their class adviser to reach the room. Yerin was in her third grade at that time. A group of girls walk to her. "Oh, hi Yerin dear" The leader of five girls says to Yerin.

"H-hello" Yerin shyly greet. "H-hello" One of the five girls do the same thing Yerin did. Then her group all laughed. "Do you know why you don't have any friends Yerin?" The other girl asked. Yerin shook her head, like a child always does.

"Because you are an idiot. You are pathetic. The level of your mind is lower than us"
The girl points Yerin's forehead. They left Yerin crying while they were laughing.

 


"I am not idiot anymore.” Yerin told herself. She wipes her tears. "Am I always being good enough?" Yerin asked herself. "Am I do not special in your eyes?" Yerin asked no one, but this is what she wants to ask her father. "Always remember you are special in my eyes. Ok honey?" Yerin remembers this line that her father always told to her when her mom left her.

"You are like a diamond" Yerin remembers SinB's line. She smiled bitterly and closed her eyes.

 

Yerin start going to a normal school after her elementary, because after some medication finally Yerin got back on track. "Yerin!" Joy whines like a child. Yerin is laughing hard. "I am Him Yerin." Yerin shows her not so big muscles. At least she calls that muscle.

"Him Yerin?!! You get my food!!" Joy says and runs after Yerin. They are in middle school when Yerin starts to meet her friends that she never thought would be there and will never leave her. Yerin meront-ed to Joy.

"I'll tell Sowon unnie about what you did." Joy says. "Go tell that flamingo." Yerin chuckles. "Hey you duck girl!! What did you say?" Yerin sees Sowon running after her too. She ran faster and got stopped because she bumped into a girl.

"Ouch!" The girl whines. "I am sorry." Yerin helps the other midget girl stand. Sowon and Joy stop running, and just stand at the back of Yerin. "I am sorry." Yerin bow ninety degrees.

"Sorry? You hurt my friend." The other girl shouted at Yerin. "Irene don't shout at her." The girl says. "No Eunha, she hurt you." Irene says. "Hey, don't shout with my friend " Sowon pointed Irene.

"Who are you flamingo?!!" Irene yell, making the others cover their ears. "Hey, she calls you midget." Joy says to Eunha. "What did you say?!!" Eunha pointed at Joy.

"I thought--"

"Chopstick" Eunha told Joy. The four-start fighting. Yerin walks out of the scene.

 


Yerin smiled as she remembers that time. Those old cute friends of hers. "Sorry, but I still have my reason mom." Yerin says and rides her car.

 

SinB checked her phone and saw it was nine in the evening her fiancé still was not around. She just watched television; she did not notice that she was sleeping. After an hour Yerin came. She saw SinB sleeping on the couch. She brings the girl to their room. She smiles and kisses the girl on the forehead. Yerin takes a shower. After a couple of minutes, she went out wearing her favorite pajamas. She walks to the kitchen to eat cereals. She is eating all alone.

"I think you bet on a wrong player." Yerin tosses the coin in her hands. Picture of her mother and sister and playing in her head. She was waking up in the thinking process when her phone started vibrating.

"Hello?"

"Yerin? Why aren't you here in hospital?" Yerin checks the caller.

"Sana? I change my shift for a day." Yerin answer

"Oh, I see. Yerin, I miss you." Yerin closes her eyes. "Look I let you be my friend, but please don't act more than it should be." Yerin says. "I am sorry.” Sana says. "I need to go bye." Yerin said and ended the call. Yerin walks to the balcony of their room. She wants someone to talk with, but her fiancé is sleeping. She was cut by her phone again.

She looks to it and see it was Joy. “Hello chicken why are you calling at this hour?” Yerin asked with a chuckle. “Hello to you too duck. Nothing I do not have someone to talk with. Rene is sleeping soundly on our room.” Yerin smiled remembering that she was in the same situation.

“So, you are planning to cheat on your wife with me?” Yerin asked, making the two of them laugh. SinB was taken by some chuckles coming from their balcony. She saw a silhouette of a girl on the balcony. She knows who owns this and she will never fail.

SinB approached the girl. "Yennie." SinB back hug her girlfriend. Yerin feels SinB. "Excuse me Joy I have to go." Yerin ended the call and faced her fiancé. Yerin smiled.

"What time you got home?" SinB asked her girl. "Around ten." Yerin answered honestly Yerin s her arms on SinB's waist. "You cry." SinB softly says. "You really know me" Yerin smiled bitterly SinB nodded. She put her ears on Yerin's chest.

"Your heart is calling my name, that's why" SinB says. "You become cheesy huh?" Yerin raised her brow. SinB stays in the position. "I learned from the expert." SinB says. "Is that expert named Jung Yerin?"

"Something like that."

"You should be, I don't want you to learn from others; you are mine ok?" SinB giggles because of how possessive her girl is. "Seems table had turn. Guess who is now possessive." SinB teases her girlfriend. "I just want to mark who, and which is mine." Yerin says. SinB looks at her girl. She put her arms around Yerin's neck. She hears the seriousness of the girl's voice. SinB looked into Yerin's eyes. She can see sadness and a little happiness.

"I am only yours. Mark me as yours, write it on a piece of paper and hang it around my neck. Saying ‘this girl is a property of Jung Yerin.’" SinB says. "So, you are an asset of mine now? “Yerin asked. "Yes, because I am useful in the future." SinB says. "But I think I owe your father. I still have a lifetime liability for having a lifetime asset." Yerin says. SinB giggle. "Wait." Yerin says. "Why?" SinB asked. "I think I should mark, how dog do?" Yerin says suppressing her laughter’s.


"What? Pee on me? That was an ewe." SinB says. Yerin laughs hard then she runs to their bed. "I want to sleep" Yerin says and jumps on the bed. "Me too. I am tired." SinB says. "What? You just wake up." Yerin says. "Whatever." SinB giggle. The two lay down on the bed. They cuddle to sleep. "Will you spill now?" SinB asked. Yerin nodded "Dir. Oh is dad’s brother. Sehun is my cousin." Yerin says. "Woah?" SinB was surprised.

"So, you are owner of the hospital?" SinB asked. "Something like that." Yerin says. "Wow! But why you are sad?" SinB was confused "Because of mom. I am not yet ready to spill about that. I will tell you one say do not worry. I just want to get over it first." Yerin says. SinB nodded because she understood her girlfriend. "I talked to mom already. We are both fine." Yerin says. The two drift to sleep.

 


Yerin gets an envelope from her bag and shows it to SinB. "Honey, do you know what it is?" Yerin wiggles her brow. "What is that?" SinB excitedly asked. "Aish sometimes I think you left your brain in operation room." Yerin says. "What?!! Are you saying I am stupid?" SinB says "It is you who says that.". Yerin says. "What?!!" SinB crosses her arms. Yerin giggled. "Tell me what is it." Yerin shows the envelope again.

"That was an envelope " SinB says proudly. "*Too toot* this is a paper." Yerin says. "That was an envelope.” SinB complains "According to Philosophy it should be on the deepest thought. So, in short, the envelope is made of paper. So, this is a paper." Yerin says. "Who told you that?" SinB asked.

"A wise woman back in college" Yerin says. "Who is that woman? Tell her she was idiot." SinB says. "I will tell her?" Yerin asked, "Go tell her."

"She was your mom."

"What?"

"She is, so I will?"

"I am just kidding never mind just tell me what with that?!" SinB points to the envelope. Yerin giggled. "A ticket"

"Ticket?" Yerin nodded. The excitement can be seen on SinB's face. "This is a ticket to bus." Yerin says and laughs. SinB rolled her eyes. "Idiot"

"You love this idiot " Yerin says proudly "Whatever."

"Ok this is a ticket to Paris." Yerin says and hug SinB on the waist. "Paris?" SinB's eyes are sparkling. Yerin nodded "My ticket to Paris. I need to attend a convention there. Uncles ask me to." Yerin says. SinB frown. "Oh, I see.” Yerin kiss SinB in the temples. "We will go there. You are coming with me. After the convention we will roam around there.” Yerin says. SinB's lip lift. "Thank you."

Yerin was in the elevator to the floor of her clinic. She is singing Then a girl enters the lift.
"Hi Yennie, singing?" Sana asked Yerin nodded. Then Yerin's phone rang. "Hello honey? Yes, wait for me because in in 4, 3, 2 and 1 you will see me." Yerin is smiling like an idiot to see SinB. She offers her arms, and Yerin hooks her arms to the girl's arm. They left Sana there. Sana stomps her feet like a child and walks opposite the two.

"How was the ride with your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter