Chapter 1 : Love Will Lead You

My Stepsister - Jung Yerin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 – Love Will Lead You

Pairing: Sinb x Yerin (SinRin/RinB)

Rating: PG-13

A certain girl was lying on the couch with her elbow supporting her body. In her hand was a remote, she was browsing every channel and trying her luck if she can find some show that will pick her interest. Her phone beeped, indicating that new message has arrived, SinB checks it lazily. The simple message makes the young girl shook her head, not in the mood to go out. The fact of being all alone in the house kills her, but today is not the mood to hit the ground. Phone was settled back on the table, television was scanned for some entertaining show, but to no avail, nothing has pick ups her interest.

It’s been a week since they moved to Gwangju, for some reason that mom has to marry this new guy. He seems a good guy at least how her mom tells her. As long as for her mom’s happiness, SinB has no any say on that.

"Spacing out my dear.” The middles aged surgeon greeted. The young Hwang simply smile to acknowledge the statement from the mother.

"I wish I was still in Seoul. But I know that there is more life in here. Just like what you promised." The unconnected answer got the attention pf the surgeon. A small smile appears on her lips.

"Gwangju is still a city honey." The woman says as she sit beside her lovely daughter.

"I know mom, but look I don't have any friends here. Add the fact that I don't know the place." 

"Look honey, there is a way for you to know this place, but it was your choice to be a lazy one." The surgeon tries to tease the young Hwang, she herself wishes that she could bring her daughter around and show places, but as a surgeon, she is busy herself.

“Eunbi.” The soft voice of the woman echoed agin in the silent house.

"Mom?" 

"If you are planning to go out, at least be back home at six."

"Why?"

"I will be home at 6, and before I reach home I want you to be here at least before six."

"You didn't answer my question mom."

"I want you to meet my fiancé." The surgeon answered her daughter, it should be surprised; but her daughter is pertinacious.

"We will have dinner later. Tell Mrs. Han to prepare dinner." It was only a nod that the surgeon got from the younger Hwang.

 

===

 

Later that night, before six even hit the clock, the young surgeon was home. SinB was surprised since her mom usually bot good with promises when it comes to time.

“Mom you are early.”

“You are really beautiful Eunbi-yah."

“You got that from me." The surgeon added.

“No mom, I got it from dad.” SinB pointed her face, the middle aged woman knows that her daughter was teasing her. She gave the young girl a warm hug.

“You really grow a lot. If your dad was still alive I know he will be proud to have a lovely daughter as you.”

“I hope you will accept my new found love.”

"Of course I am. I know you need someone to be with you. I won't deny that I can't take care of you the way a husband would do. Always remember mom, that whatever makes you happy will also make me happy."

"Is it fine for you that my soon to be husband has someone in his life?"

"What do you mean by someone in his life mom?" It was vague for SinB, she don’t know what her mom trying to point out.

"Like you. You don't expect a single man to like a single mother like me don't you?"

"Well I accept him even he have child or children because he accepted you even you have me."

"Thanks."

"Wait mom? He have a son?" The surgeon was able to see the change in mood of her daughter.

"Why?"

"I hate a boy, you know that mom. Remember the son of Mr. Kang from the other unit besides us? He keep hitting on me. He was so creepy." The young Hwang answered with a disgusted face. A chuckle was all she got from the surgeon.

"Who told you he have son? As far as I know he have a daughter. She was beautiful and charming too just like her dad."

"Don't be jealous. You will always be my number one."

"A daughter?"

"How old is she?"

"22.”

“Almost two years older than me?”

"Is she beautiful that beautiful?"

"No matter how much I want to say yes I think it will be better if you are the one to judge."

"Oh really?"

"I am so excited to meet your soon to be husband mom."

"Oh really? I was hoping that you'll love her daughter too. She was a nice kid?”

"Is that so? I would love to meet her soon." She smiles with the idea of meeting the older one.

 

===

 

It was around seven when the Jungs came. The doctor came together with his child. He greets his fiancée before saying hi to young Eunbi. The other Jung, who looks charming as SinB might say, was stunningly greeted the two Hwang.

"He is Jung Heechul, my fiancé. Honey this is Eunbi, but call her SinB instead." Tiffany told her fiancé and daughter.

"Nice meeting you Mr. Jung."

"Calling me Mister was too much for me, I think uncle will be enough, but still I would love to respect if that would be comfortable with you." SinB offers a simple smile, but all her attention was on the young Jung, who timidly eats. 

"Anyway SinB this is Yerin, my daughter." Heechul introduced his daughter

"Nice meeting you Yerin-ssi."

"Nice meeting you too SinB-ssi." Yerin sounds cold. Different on the way she greets her earlier.

 

===

 

"You are studying at Chonnam National University too right? Mom mentioned earlier."

“Why Aunt Tiffany says that we should call you SinB instead of Eunbi?” Her question was left of deaf ear.

“It was just the nickname I got from dad. I have a cousin who have same name as me, Dad gave me a nickname so that if we have family gathering it won’t be hard. Plus since dad is gone it feels like that Nickname was the biggest memory he left to me.” The young Jung sense the sadness in SinB’s voice. She don’t want to make the girl cry, so Yerin being happy pill change the topic. She’s soft, but not good on expressing it.

“What course are you going to take in Chonnam?”

“I want to be lawyer just like my father, but I know that he wants me to be doctor. Instead of following my dreams I will follow what my dad wants for me besides mom was there to guide me, and I guess you too?” Yerin smile hearing SinB’s last shy words. Yerin held SinB’s hand in excitement. She is not aware how blushing SinB right now.

“Don’t worry I will be a great sunbae, and sister to you too I guess?” The young Jung smile before grabbing the Hwang’s hand.

“Oh I am sorry if I make you uncomfortable with holding your hands. I really get clingy with people I am comfortable with.” Yerin apologize. SinB shook her head and smile.

“No it is fine.”

 

===

 

A week after the meeting, Heechul decided to let Tiffany and Sinb move to their house. They thought that it will be more easy for their daughters to get along and adjust since very soon they will become a family. That is what they are all lookinng for. Sinb knows about this and she is never against her mom’s happiness. For Sinb this is a good thing; at least she will be spending more time with Yerin. Just the thought of it makes her smile.Yerin got closer with Sinb with just a span of short time. There are so much things they have in common. Sinb also noticed that Yerin was fond of squeezing and kissing her cheeks. She isn’t complaining anyway because she like it.

One fine day in the household of Jung; there was Sinb and Yerin spending time together.

"We know that aunt Tiffany will be in the same room as dad." Sinb nodded in understanding with the older girl’s statement, and notice that Yerin’s smile was a little bit goofy.

"We have two rooms only. You know my room is spacious enough. I don’t mind sharing it with you." The young Hwang surely knows what the other Jung intend to say.

"So?"

“So let us share room because you don’t really have a choice Sinb.” Yerin starts pinching the other girl’s cheeks. The young one pout and Yerin find it really cute.

“Why don’t you stay here in couch and I will be in your rooom?” Sinb tries her best to tease the older. Just another way of saying that two could play this game.

"Eh?"

“You’re too much you know. You stay here and I will be in my room. I’m being considerate here, yet you kicking me out of my room?” Sinb scoffed with the statement.

“Yah! Are you telling me that all that playing nice to me was a façade?” Sinb was annoyed, and that earns a big laugh from the young Jung.

“I’m telling Mom that my step sister is not nice at all.” Sinb sounds like a brat kid and that’s quite funny for Yerin. She chuckles before grabbing Sinb’s cheeks and squeezing it.

“Yeah you brat, we are sharing the room. You’re my new sister afterall.” Sinb’s brows knitted with the statement.

"I always dream of having a sister you know. So when dad mention that her girlfriend have a daughter I was really happy." It was always Yerin’s dream. Unfortunately, things didn’t work her way.

"I think we need to clean the room?" The young Hwang notice that change of atmosphere, she wasn’t comfortable with the sad Yerin, so she decided to lighten the mood bu suggesting of cleaning the room.

"Yerin-ssi I can't reach the wall clock. I think we need to change the battery. It seems the clock is having a hard time to move it hands." Sinb says and pointing the blue wall clock above the window. Yerin glance at the said wall clock before grabbing a chair to reach it out.

"No, I’ll do it.” Sinb stops the other girl when she’s about to reach the wall clock. Yerin on the other hand shrugged it off and let the other do it.

As she was busy moving the frame, she saw by her peripheral vision the falling Sinb, so with fast reflexes she immediately reached out and was able to catch the other girl, but she fall on her with Sinb on top of her.

“Good way of flirting with me?” Sinb tries to make fun of the situation, but seeing the tint of red in Yerin’s cheeks and it affects her, so she feels the blood runs to her face and she immediately stand up.

It wasn’t helpful at all that she remembers that the day before, Yerin saw her on the tub. She was enjoying the bubble bath while on her head phone not hearing Yerin was knocking on the door, and the moment she stands from the tub, Yerin shoved the door open revealing her . Luckily her private parts were covered with bubbles and it lessens the embarrassment.

“We should finish this.” She hears Yerin mumbles and she just nod as she fixed herself.

 

===


It was dinner and the dining area feels empty, Yerin was used to it, but Sinb seems extra quiet today.

“Is something bothering you?” She asked as a concern older sister to be.

“Nothing.” Was Sinb’s short answer. Yerin tries to shrugged it off, but Sinb’s frown bothers her.

“We are a family here you know?” Yerin tries her best to at least let Sinb opens up.

“I’m good. You don’t have to worry or think much of things.” The other tries to reassure.

“You know sometimes I really missed eating complete.” Yerin blurts out gaining the attention of the girl.

“Same here.” She said with a sigh and Yerin completely understands.

“You know how I hate to purses medicines. If not with dad’s request, I’ll be taking after him.” Sinb added with the hint of sadness and pain. Yerin feels sympathy with the girl.

"I gues we all have reason of doing things?”

“I guess so.” Was the short reply.

“Why did you took medicine?”

“Love for the people, and more because ever since I was a child I always dream of helping people.”

“But you can help people with anyway you want. You should’ve wished to become rich and just gives money to everyone you know.” Yerin chuckles hearing the Hwang’s statement.

“Or maybe I have more to prove.” Yerin smile and Sinb understands.

 

===

 

It was one sunny day when they decided to visit the grocery store. Yerin was busy playing with her video games that day when she received a message from her dad telling her to grab groceries for the house. She was the usual one to make things for them, so it excites her that she have Sinb to accompany her.

"Do you want anything?” She asked the other girl. Yerin asked the girl, and the girl shook her head. Sinb was a bit awkward today and it makes Yerin wonder.

“Is there anything that bothers you? You’ve been like that on the dinner too.” Sinb takes note that Yerin was observant, or she is just bored so she tend to look after her? As a ‘sister’ as what she say. Sinb pushes the cart and Yerin follows her, while checking out the two box of cereals in her hand.

“Have you ever dated anyone?” Yerin doesn’t know where the question came from, but a smile form unto her kips upon remembering the first ever person that makes her heart beat faster. That smile was caught by the young Hwang.

“Your smile tells you’re in love.” The statement comes out as bit annoyed, yet Yerin shrugged it off.

“I like this person back in high school. She’s cute tho, and calls herself y dynamite. She’s a bit y, so I thought we will click but it turns out we both looking for the same type of girl. She’s my best friend now.” Yerin sounds so happy telling the story. It makes Sinb curious and she want to meet the girl.

“What is her name?”

“Joy.”

“I’m surprised that you aren’t surprised that I like girls.”

“Everyone likes girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter