Chapter 2: Congratulations [Part 2]

Love Me Not

“Are you okay?” SungJin was concerned.

 

SooAh shook her head. How could she be fine? Her world had already crumbled into million pieces. She felt that he heart had been stabbed by thousands and thousands of sharp weapons. Out of all people, why must it be WonPil who did that to her? She thought that WonPil was the nicest person she had ever met. He was really different from those boys whom she used to date. However, her judgement for guys was always wrong.

 

“What are you doing?” SungJin checked on SooAh each time he got the chance to. He was really worried about her. He expected SooAh to cry like those times. However, she tried to remain strong.

 

“They looked happy,” SooAh commented.

 

“Who?”

 

“WonPil Oppa and NaYeon.”

 

“What? How?”

 

“NaYeon is on my recommendation list. I’m just checking out her pictures and she had posted quite a number of pictures with WonPil Oppa. They are happy.”

 

“You aren’t going to do anything weird right?”

 

“Haven’t I embarrassed the both of them enough at the cafe? Oppa, I’m not a child anymore. I’m also not going to cry for someone who doesn’t worth my tears.”

 

SungJin flashed out a warm smile. SooAh had indeed changed a lot. She became more matured and wiser. SungJin felt sad and sorry for her but at the same time, he was proud of her.

 

“What are you going to do now?” SungJin asked.

 

“What else can I do? It may be hard to forget about him instantly but life goes on,” SooAh answered.

 

It was a lie. Deep down inside, she was still confused with her feelings. She did not know what to do. She did not know how to overcome it. Afterall, compared to her previous failed relationships, WonPil had stayed by her side for the longest period of time.

__________

 

“Do you want to go anywhere to ease your mind?” SungJin asked.

 

SooAh shook her head. She flashed out a weak smile, “It’s okay Oppa... You can just send me home. Thank you.” All she had in mind was her comfy bed in her room.

 

SungJin respected SooAh’s decision to send her home. He kept quiet and focused on his driving. He chose to go on a long road instead of taking the shortcut home. SungJin switched on the radio and turned down the volume to three. He gave some space for SooAh to rest and ease her mind. She had gone through a lot that day.

__________

 

“Shin SooAh!”

 

She heard a familiar voice after she alighted from SungJin’s car. It was Kim WonPil. He was standing outside her house. He had sent NaYeon home as soon as SooAh left the cafe with SungJin. By hook or by crook, he had to clear the mess he made.

 

“I’ll leave you guys alone. SooAh, please remember to eat dinner later,” SungJin excused himself. As much as he wanted to stay by SooAh’s side, he felt that he has no right to interfere much. He could make the situation even worse.

 

WonPil waited for SungJin to leave. When SungJin was out of their sight, WonPil apologized to SooAh, “I should have told you the truth earlier. I’m sorry...”

 

“When you said you wanted a break... when you said you needed time to think about us... you looked into my eyes and made me trust you. And now what? You did this to me? You left me waiting for you on my own and you were free like this... Just like nothing had happened between us? You’ve broken my heart!” SooAh hit WonPil’s chest countless of time.

 

“I’m truly sorry... I didn’t mean to hurt you like this,” once again, WonPil apologized.

 

“Your apology won’t change the story. It doesn’t make a difference to anything. At the end of the day, I’m hurt and you’re happy,” SooAh continued to hit WonPil.

 

WonPil endured the pain. He knew that no matter how hard SooAh hit his chest, it was not equivalent to the amount of pain she received from him. WonPil waited until SooAh had calm down.

 

There was not a single drop of tear from SooAh. However, the sense of anger and hatred were extremely strong. She was really frustrated and disappointed in him.

__________

SooAh stopped hitting WonPil. She had no strength to hit him anymore. She almost collapsed but she stood strong. She did not want to look weak in front of the heartless man who cheated on her. SooAh knew it for herself that she would not have a peaceful week ahead if she was unable to solve the matter on that day. SooAh was determined to remain tough.

 

“You’re amazing! How could you be so fine? When I saw you earlier... when I saw your pictures online... that smiling face of yours really shows that you’ve gotten over me? You look really happy. I’m envious that it didn’t take you so long to forget me.”

 

WonPil’s facial expression changed. He panicked, “Did you stalk me on my social media?” He was sure that he had blocked SooAh on every social media platform because he had constantly uploaded pictures of himself and NaYeon.

 

SooAh shook her head, “No... Do you think I’m stupid? I know you locked me so I stalked NaYeon’s social media instead. I just wanted to see what I’m lacking in. It makes me wonder if that girl is so much better than me? How did she make you forget everything about me? I’m really curious.”

 

Then she sneered, “Pfft... But seeing how you are unaffected with this breakup, I guess you’ll do the exact same thing to that girl too.”

 

“No... I won’t. Please give us your blessing,” WonPil shamelessly requested for a ridiculous favour.

 

“Oh well... as long as you’re happy with her,” SooAh’s blessing was obviously not sincere at all. She looked at him as she raised her left eyebrow, “Is that what you want to hear? Do you think I mean it? Pfft... Why would I wish happiness for you who decided to leave me? Really Kim WonPil... I don’t give a damn!”

__________

 

“Do you think it’s easy for me? No SooAh... I had difficulties in choosing you or NaYeon. Things happened too fast and coincidentally you saw me with NaYeon today. You do know that I still love you...” WonPil confessed.

 

SooAh was dumbfounded, “Didn’t you just ask for some stupid blessing? You even blocked me everywhere. You also avoided my calls. Now you are telling me that you still love me? Wow... You’re such a charmer.”

 

WonPil had nothing else to say. SooAh had been attacking him continuously. First, she physically attacked him. Then, she verbally attacked him. WonPil had lost his points. There was no more lies for him to cover up or defend himself. It was really the end for him and her.

 

“I’m tired... I don’t want to see you anymore. I don’t expect for you to come back to me ever again. I don’t know how much better off you’ll be without me.

 

Oh... What I was thinking? Even when I’m still hurt, you’ll be happy with that girl. Even if you decided to leave that girl, you’ll easily find a replacement. You are such a lucky man. Congratulations Kim WonPil!” SooAh did not want to waste anymore time talking to WonPil.

 

The more she talked to him, the more she felt hurt. If murder was not a serious crime, WonPil would be the first person she wanted to kill. The person who she once loved had become her tight enemy. SooAh entered her house and left WonPil behind without saying a proper farewell for the last time.


Let's celebrate the 12million views of Day6 "Congratulations" MV together. I hope you enjoyed reading Chapter 2.