Chapter 3

My Strength, My Weakness.

"CEO-nim, I think this is a rash decision your getting into." his assistant voiced his concern to the man whose legs were crossed across the table.

"I feel like its time, its been long overdue." as if thinking, he changes position and starts tapping the ballpen on his fingers across the office desk; his name inscribed in gold across the leather covers.

"Jungkook, I'm not saying this as your assistant but as your friend. You don't need a damn bodyguard." his assistant flats out, dropping the honorifics as well as dropping the files on his arms.

"Mingyu, I swear what kind of CEO doesn't have a bodyguard?!" Jungkook retorts much to his tall assistant's shock. "Since when did you talk back to me? Jungkook-ah we may be same aged bestfriends and I may be your assistant but right now I'm your bestfriend." the young CEO pretends to whistle and not listen to the taller male's rant.

"What kind of CEO for a video game company needs a bodyguard?! Jungkook seriously as much as killer your looks are, no one wants to hurt or kill a video game producer!" Mingyu sassily replies, eyes flicking in utter disbelief. Mingyu felt one step closer to wrestling his friend/employer down the ground for such a stupid suggestion.

"Exactly. A CEO as hot as me, anyone would be jealous and you know what jealous people do Gyu-ah?" Jungkook throws a finger of suggestion, gesturing Mingyu to come closer. Being clumsy and sometimes clueless as he is, Mingyu comes closer.

"They hurt the people they're jealous of." Jungkook says braggingly.

"Aish! This isn't the same Jungkook!"

"Where's your honorifics assistant-nim?" Jungkook puts his legs back on his desk, an air of confidence washing over the room. Mingyu gulps and forces his opinions back down his throat.

"Forgive my impudence, CEO-nim. It will not happen again." Jungkook gestures his assistant out and Mingyu mutters about getting the work done and the best bodyguard found. Jungkook rests his head on the leather recliner and huffs an air. 

"Time to have fun." Jungkook hastily puts on a sweater jacket, out of the blazer and goes down a few hundred floors of the company building and out onto the windy spring day. 

As the young man exits the elevator, he is then greeted by a wave of staff; mostly young women giggling and blushing their way across him as they enter the elevator. Greetings and small talk between the staff occur behind Jungkook's ear of how goodlooking and cool the CEO of the company was.

And of course it had to be that way.

Jeon Jungkook, CEO of JKE Games, GQ Korea Man of the Year for 3 consecutive years, Forbes Asia's #1 Most Influential 30 Under 30 for 2 years and counting, the face of Men's Health Korea for over a year now and counting had to be praised that way. Not only was he a cunning and smart young man, but a very well-endowed one physically at that.

Not that it got into his head, Jungkook was always a calm and collected individual. Unless certain things happen, then the 20 year-old would never be seen panicking or losing his cool

"Hello, CEO-nim." one of the girls in the crowd greeted him, and soon the wave of staff did mumbles of greetings and so did the young man respond through bows and signs of acknowledgments. "Work hard today and let's build a great future for the company!" Jungkook pumps a fist and gives an encouraging look towards the staff, showing care for the team. In return the staff pump their fists in the air ready for a day's load of work.

While the staff were out working, Jungkook was out to play.

Not that he was slaving the work force, of course Jungkook had a lot of work to do in his own right. He manages the company, tells the upper heads what to do and what games or technologies to research and develop on. 

A person with that much workload deserves some free time as well.

So with a grey trenchcoat against the spring wind and a cute scooter to run around the industrial park's grounds, Jungkook was out of the building and strolling his way downtown.

After a few minutes of having the wind swept under him by the windy weather and the scooter taking him towards the nearby neighborhood with cramped houses. A place he never tried going into or even thinking of living in. 

Jeon Jungkook was born into a family of chaebols, elites who only deserve the expensive of the expensive, the best of the best, but with that title comes the responsibilities. One that Jungkook has despised his entire life.

Out of the corner of his peripheral, in a small alleyway just across the sidewalk he stopped in (wearing a very striking and expensive looking outfit in a neighborhood as bleak as the one he was in was not a nice look to the commoners, glaring at him either in adoration or resentment) was commotion clearly going on; the sound growing louder as seconds ran.

Jungkook, being curious as ever he is, decides to cross the rather empty windy streets with his scooter. Sounds of wailing and cries for help are drowned by the loud pang of the wind streaming across the area but Jungkook was sure something was going on and someone needed help.

One look at the scene and Jungkook knew it was a bunch of gangsters (obviously from Min Yoongi's clan again, no one can mistake that kind of uniform. Not that the man himself was mean-spirited) teaming up on an innocent old man making his merry way. The old man was clearly minding his own business and now his clothes were all rattled and torn by the men in black's actions.

"I swear dumb gangsters nowadays... Yoongi needs to put a nail on th--" just as Jungkook drops his trenchcoat, lifting the sweater sleeves under and ready to interfere with the commotion is a deep voice booming with innocence on the other side of the alley way.

Jungkook stands in the corner, blatantly staring and praying the man on the other side knew what he was getting into (not every guy in Seoul can be as strong and charming as Jeon Jungkook y'know.).

"Please stop hurting him?" the voice was laden with innocence, a deep, youthful timbre that screamed needs protection, can get hurt easily. Just what was this guy thinking? Jungkook sees through the corner of his vision. Right across the group of men was a single guy in some really emo clothing (a black hoodie in this good morning weather truly represented that) and a grey sling bag. This guy was clearly not meant to handle alley brawls judging by how he looked.

"And what are you gonna do about it, little boy?" one of the men; backs turned from Jungkook, teases and comes closer the guy in a hood. One by one, the other men mutter expletives that bring out the protectiveness inside Jungkook. Not wanting other innocents hurt all because of the thirst for dominance some jerks who call themselves gangsters have.

Jungkook was clearly not having it, lips bitten as he resists the urge to appear and fight back the men. But the moment the biggest one stepped too close to the black hooded-guy, he was ready to jump out and fight.

"Yoongi-hyung, you and I have a lot to talk about." Jungkook mentally curses, seeing what is clearly a group of Min Yoongi's men ganging up on the slightly shorter guy. 

What suddenly striked Jungkook the most however was the fact that the guy's lips were totally curved into a smile (it was the only thing barely visible under the super emo black hoodie); as if he knew what was going to happen and that really bothered; as well made Jungkook curious.

"Your really testing me. Do you really wanna get hurt pretty boy?!" the man shouts, arm raised and ready to punch but before Jungkook could almost jump out, the guy in the hoodie suddenly speaks up with confidence.

Jungkook suddenly felt the urge to breathe, as if the wind around them stopped, the leaves suddenly dropping to the ground.

"You're really trying my patience too, ahjusshi." was the last thing Jungkook heard before he was sure he could faintly hear the sound of a joint breaking and screams could be heard. Whatever was happening in the commotion there surely sparked fear in the men in black seeing as how they started running and screaming.

Only the last one was left in the alley, the biggest one whose arm was still convoluted with the guy in the hoodie. Oh no, Jungkook was praying for whatever was happening to the guy, he was in excruciating pain. His horrific screams and the way he begged for forgiveness, for him to stop.

"Next time, you'll not only get a broker wrist ahjusshi. Your gonna get your entire hand shoved inside your arm. You wouldn't want that right?" the man in the hoodie threatened. Jungkook could see the bald head and shine nodding so fast Jungkook thought he would've experienced a whiplash.

Soon the contact broke and Jungkook could see the man limping away, one arm holding the other's wrist and writhing in pain. Right after however, the hoodie boy (as Jungkook now likes to call it) turns around towards the old man still in shock at what had transpired; the hood falling in the process to reveal blonde hair flown in all directions. The man who's back was facing Jungkook could be barely heard muttering questions of worry to the old man.

Jungkook was still in awe from what happened, how could that guy have basically made a dozen men who were obviously bigger in build run in fear; especially the biggest (and clearly the strongest) one.

Jungkook continues to peek from the side of a post in the alleyway. Soon after the man puts back on the hoodie and runs back from where he came from. Jungkook slowly walks casually, passing by the old man in the process. "Couldn't believe it either." the old man whispers to Jungkook casually, to which Jungkook gulps in embarassment. The old man clearly knew he was there staring blatantly and doing nothing. Totally un-cool.

Jungkook catches up and turns towards the sidewalk to see the man in the hoodie a few feet from him, hand in his pocket and the other fixing his sling bag across. He needed to see and maybe, talk with the man.

"I saw what you did there." Jungkook tries his best to beat the loud background of the flowing wind, he thinks to no avail.

Until suddenly, as if by chance, the wind sweeps the hoodie back and the blonde hair pops out again. This time however, Jungkook could make out the features of a man with a sharp jawline, perfect nose and a smirk thrown sideways.

Just as Jungkook strides after the guy, the guys turns his back to Jungkook again and puts on the hoodie then runs as fast as he can, leaving Jungkook in the dust.

Soon after minutes of pressing on his temples and putting his cheeks on his palms in contemplation (with no result, I mean how could one see that and have an explanation?) he returns having completely forgotten (basically given) his scooter. 

As he goes into the upper floors, eyes still empty and brain processing in shock. Much to the female staffs awe, seeing Jeon Jungkook staring blank eyed at nothing in the elevators. Jungkook noticed no glares or stolen glances from the staff either. Mind still reeling at the earlier events.

I mean, he had to be an alien. What with the blonde hair, creepy-emo black hoodie and all.

Looking down at the carpeted floor and making sure he was still sane, Jungkook looks up on his way to his office and bumps onto Mingyu; his secretary.

"CEO-nim, here are a good sum of the list of the best bodyguards the Republic of South Korea offers." Mingyu mutters, grin plastered on his face and spoken like a true person of his line of work. Jungkook walks straight into his office and sits on the recliner, his back completely in contact with the rest and mind still boggled.

"So here is Jung Taehyun, ex-member of the American Secret Service and is a certified black be-"

"Gyu, I think I've found my bodyguard." Jungkook ends his dazed state. Rising up from his seat and positioning himself, peering onto the big windows overlooking the Seoul highways.

"W-who might that be CEO-nim?" Mingyu asks, clearly stuttering from the words that just left his friend's mouth. Mingyu was completely sure he had the best list be made possible

"Tell Min Yoongi to have a meeting with me as soon as possible." Jungkook orders with certainty and just like that, Mingyu bows and is out of the door to prepare. A few minutes later, his phone vibrates and a call is incoming.

"Yoongi-ah. Its your favorite dongsaeng Kookie." Jungkook and Yoongi to say the least, went a long way back.

"Jungkook-ah, the hell you want?" sounding intimidating across the phone was a skill, a difficult one that Yoongi managed to master. However, that did not deter Jungkook and neither did it scare him.

"I have a favor to ask of you, hyung~" adding a raised tone at the end, as if to act cute.

"Stop doing that or I'll hang up on you." was basically Yoongi's way or responding as a substitute of your so cute of course ill do anything for you

"Can you please ask one of your men, they'll come back clearly injured." Jungkook slowly explains, to which Yoongi's voice raises in concern. Yoongi, despite being the head of a huge group of gangsters (despite the bad rep all gangsters, they all do good work for the money; except that recent one) was definitely a soft ball for people like Jungkook and his own men.

"Wait, what happened?!" 

"You'll just know hyung. They'll be there any minute. They've been very bad and commited injustice to an innocent old man hyung." Jungkook replies, a smug tone evident in his explanations. On the background of the other line, Jungkook could hear a door opening and sounds of wails and near mumbles of cries.

"They're here now an-Oh my ing God what happened?!" Yoongi stops halfway and becomes part of the background sound, worried sounds floating towards Jungkook's speakers.

Leaving the call unattended, Jungkook drops the call and instead opts to text his hyung.

To: MeanYoongi

Ask the injured big guy what the guy that did that looked like. For me hyung? :)