Chapter 2

My Strength, My Weakness.

Taehyung's morning stroll across the neighborhood always tend to be on the borderline of scary and exhilarating.

One time, he and Jimin walked through the alleyways on a winter and found a wolf (yes, Jimin looked it up) ruining the hard-ordered line of black trash bags on the side. Jimin and Taehyung (despite his dark and almost murderous appearance) found the wolf, with its almost-puppy and begging eyes too cute to bail on and report to the police (what heartless human would report a wolf looking for food anyways?). So Jimin took it in and fed it and named him Jjanggu (its really fat now).

Another time Taehyung walked alone at night in spring break and saw a drug trade going on. Luckily, none of the thugs saw him (he nearly was) and he went on his merry way. What baffled him the most was that he realized the next day that it wasn't drugs instead but some popular milk power candy of sorts that wasn't sold at their local school since it made the local stores broke and the school canteen out of business.

And today's walk was not out of the ordinary (for Taehyung-standards at least).

There was the typical schoolgirls giggling his way and Taehyung shudders at the thought. Another were the ahjumma's who came in flocks sending glares his way (he still doesn't know if they're mocking him or not) and the last were the random people just making their merry way in life.

Surprisingly, after walking nearly a couple of blocks he stumbles upon a hiring event held in a flower shop for a general manager (Taehyung has had rather unique experiences with handling things). Taehyung thinks luck may hopefully be putting their pinky finger on his side.

Taehyung goes in the store, works his charm (much to many's surprise, one of Taehyung's little talents is being great with formal talk, hence he always gets accepted to jobs but rarely lasts) with the owner of the shop; who he learns is named Soojung and within minutes declares him as hired. All he needed to do was recreate his application letter for the shop and he'd be good to go and work for the next week.

The pay was rather large for a job with simple qualifications and at that point Taehyung prayed to the base gods that they weren't messing with him around this time.

With his heart in his hand, thankful and extremely bubbly (despite the black hoodie and the blonde hair and grey sweatpants); Taehyung sprints through the neighborhood and attempts to take the shortcut alleyway back home.

However, along the way, Taehyung sees something out of the blue of his eyes...

Just in one small mini alley, an old man is on his knees, arms held up as if in defeat. Men in black jumpsuits; clelarly part of a gangster club or whatever they're called nowadays (its not like they can really hurt Taehyung) kicking and hitting the old man in rags. 

Calls for help, pleading for forgiveness and submission were unheard as the five men continued to harass the old man, clearly a beggar who was now on the floor.

Taehyung was never one to intrude on people's personal doings, regardless of what their intents were. But sometimes, there were really moments where he felt like he was Spiderman with the running quote:

With great power (taehyung still really insists its not a power) comes great responsibility.

When Taehyung interferes with other people's affairs, it was always about people getting extremely hurt and abused. Taehyung could stand none of that and right here in front of his eyes was that, exactly happening.

The old man was getting hurt and Taehyung could clearly make out from the small snippet of conversation they had that they were simply pillaging what few remained of the poor old man. That was unacceptable and borderline inhumane in Taehyung's eyes. He may be a very introverted and sometimes reductive boy, but he never sees oppression as an acceptable way of life.

"Please stop hurting him?" Taehyung always tried to pacify and be passive, hoping a conversation can ease the tension between them. He was a firm believer of formalities. A problem must first be solved through talking it out.

"And what are you gonna do about it, little boy?" the first man who had his bulging arms fisted on the old man's ratty stained collar.

"Look at this, a cute blonde boy trying to play hero." another man spoke, who had a cigarette stuck through the grimy gaps of his nearly empty set of lower teeth.

"Just stay out of this, kid. Your pretty face knows better than to mess with people like us." a fat man with his arms crossed comes out in front and faces Taehyung, a few feet away.

"He's done nothing I believe. Why are you abusing people like him?" Taehyung tries his hand at charm talk for one last time. Much to the men whose face are in disbelief. 

Not believing what just passed through the younger's lips, another man steps out; seemingly the leader of the almost-rabid pack (with how ugly they all looked anyways. "You know what, why don't we play with you instead?" the man comes closer to Taehyung's undeterred stance, fully aware of what they were planning on doing.

"What are you trying to do?" he feigns a fearful expression, one that clearly enticed the men. The leader touches Taehyung's wrist and he immediately flicks it away

"Feisty. Just like how I like them."

"Isn't he prettier than those girls too boss' man?" one of the men at the back perks up much to the agreement of the others.

"Milky skin, pretty eyes, boss would love him. But not before we test him out first of course." the other men immediately seem aroused at the statement, leaving the old man at the side for dead. 

Taehyung knew this was the time to run for any normal person, and he had to defend himself.

But sometimes, offense is the best defense.

"Oh, so you wanna test me out? Cute." Taehyung flats out, closing the distance between himself and the taller, bulkier man in front of him.

"Your really testing me. Do you really wanna get hurt pretty boy?!" at this point, the man was already flaring with anger. And with that a fist came flying straight through the direction of Taehyung's face.

As if the air around them stopped, the leaves and wind were flown out and Taehyung's rather lean arm held the strength of the hook thrown his way by a rather large man. 

"Your really trying my patience too, ahjusshi." the eyes of the men, in complete disbelief were taken aback completely. Taking the stunned looks as a chance to retaliate, Taehyung applies a little bit (Taehyung swears its just a little) of pressure to his palm and in the process, hears the sound of a breaking wrist and turns the man's wrist onto the complete opposite direction.

Screams of pain were heard, others ran, others begged for forgiveness and the old man simply stared in disbelief.

"Next time, you'll not only get a broker wrist ahjusshi. Your gonna get your entire hand shoved inside your arm. You wouldn't want that right?" Taehyung sarcastically grins, winking at the man who was in complete pain, judging from the tears and wails coming from him. 

The man nods and runs for his life onto the opposite direction, leaving Taehyung and the old man on the rather windy afternoon in an alley.

"Ahjusshi, are you okay?" Taehyung's sarcastic stance immediately drops for a worried expression plastered across his face. The old man nods and stares at him in disbelief.

"That's good. No broken bones or bleeding, right?" the old man nods in response and Taehyung flushes with relief. It felt relieving knowing you saved the life of someone who truly needed help.

What took him by surprise was the man suddenly grasped his hand with the little strength he had and looked up to Taehyung who's hair was unkempt due to the wind and the sun reflecting on his tan skin.

"Bless you, young man. May you find happiness in life and in the future." the man says with conviction, looking right into Taehyung's eyes as if he knew everything about the younger. It scared Taehyung for a second, but seeing the genuine smile embedded on the old man made Taehyung break into a wide crescent-like smile, the ends almost reaching his eyes and tears nearly welling up in joy.

"Thank you ahjusshi, stay safe as well. And don't be afraid to call me; you live near us so just scream 'Taehyung-ah' and I'll be there to save the day. Don't worry, as long as I'm here, no one can hurt the neighborhood now." Taehyung smiles back with a glint in his eyes, bravery, was it?

"I'll get going now ahjusshi, have a good day!" Taehyung stands up and walks, but not without locking eyes with the old man in agreeing smiles. Taehyung pulls a cute stunt and waves off with a military-like farewell.

It felt good to Taehyung to be like that, to use his powers for good, for his abilities to be recognized for what they truly mean for (despite his hatred for it, he felt responsible for possessing it)

As Taehyung turns around the corner and off, he hears a voice faint in the background of the wind piercing through his ears.

"I saw what you did there."