Chapter 4

My Strength, My Weakness.

Taehyung never ran so fast in his life before.

Sure, he had strength which was almost on par with what he's seen from Superman when he was a child. Sleepless nights watching reruns of old classic TV shows every millenial had to see on a pirated disc.

But this time Taehyung was seen by a bystander. Never in his entire life has someone else (aside from the recipient of his powers; the people he broke fingers. toes and arms of) seen him work his magic and that terrified him.

Of course it didn't show on his face, but as his hoodie dropped and he could see from the sides a man around his height with grey clothing, he knew better than to stand there and get his features ingrained (the worst case scenario would be that the guy was somehow involved with the police and just that alone could basically end Taehyung's near nonexistent future)

After a few blocks and a couple of unwarranted looks for strangers for looking like he just ran a marathon, Taehyung immediately went inside the closest cafe his eyes could lay on; air knocked off his lungs.

Taehyung brisks around the entrance and is about to sit on the closest table when he hears a familiar voice.

"Taehyung-ah. What brings you here?" the blonde's back immediately stiffens from the warm voice's words as a blush starts to creep onto his cheeks from embarassment. It had to be him of all people.

Jung Hoseok. Lieutenant member of Seoul's Metropolitan Police Force. Also Taehyung's colleague-slash-friend-slash-longtime-crush.

Taehyung could hear the footsteps come closer and he swears he can't hear anything else aside from his own heartbeat. 

"Why are you in a cafe at like 10 in the morning?" Hoseok asks, still clad in his police uniform and looking mighty fine in it. Taehyung gulps.

"I could ask you the same. W-why are you here Hoseok-ah?" Taehyung tries his best to look calm and collected, making sure to look cool as he drops the hoodie down onto his back.

"Just stayed up all night working on some latest kidnappings case. People nowadays need to be careful y'know." Hoseok rambles on about the evils of society but Taehyung can't simply help but ignore the meaning of the words and be swept up by how beautiful Jung Hoseok looks and sounds.

"Uh-huh." was the only thing that came out of the blonde's mouth for the entire duration of the other's mini-speech.

"Never thought you'd be a coffee person. You always preferred to never drink anything other than water and banana milk." Hoseok slightly smiles at his own words and Taehyung swears he could see sparks flying all around Hoseok and birds chirping in unison outside.

"C'mon Tae. I haven't seen you in a while, come with me to the police station? I'll treat you to lunch afterwards." Hoseok stands and gestures Taehyung ;clearly dazed, to follow with a smile.

Taehyung rarely drinks water and milk (where did Hoseok get that idea from?)

But Taehyung promises that from now on he'll be only dinking water and banana milk if its what gets Hoseok to smile at him with those billion dollar lips.

After small talk in Hoseok's car on the way, they both arrive in the police station giggling (with Taehyung being a little too extra wit his reactions to anything Hoseok says).

A crush can do a lot to your brain.

"Tae, my office is just down the right together with the other unit division officers so just wait there. I'll go get my normal clothes for a bit." Hoseok gestures and Taehyung nods, giggling to himself and walking with a mouth on his hand like a blushing girl 

He enters the room which was very big and housed multiple desks with officers running in and around the confines of the room.

Unnoticed, he walks over into one of the right-most desks with Hoseok's name in bold capitals.

Like a good boy (who wouldn't be to their crush, really?) Taehyung sits on the adjacent chair to the desk and begins to perform some sort of praise ritual on Hoseok's desk (basically touching it inappropriately and grinning whilst saying the lieutenant's name like a mantra) earning a few unwanted looks from the police staff.

The hall door opens and Hoseok enters (Taehyung clearly stands in attention, almost like a puppy with a fierce blush) with his oh-so dazzling casual attire (who knew a white shirt and sweatpants would look so attractive?).

"Lieutenant Jung! One last thing before you go, please help me file a report on these individuals." one of the men in uniform spoke up, that's when Taehyung turned to where Hoseok's attention was.

There, right across his seat. Were the dozen men trembling in fear and begging the police do something about their 'sort-of leader'. 

The exact same people Taehyung 'taught' to show some respect to the elderly.

"." he mutters under his breath, trying to stay low key and put back his hoodie on in the rather warm and humid police hall.

Much to his luck, one of the men heard him and immediately crumbled in fear.

"Guys, its him..." he mutters in shock, to which the others turn to look at the direction of the blonde topped with a hoodie and trying his best not to attract attention.

Its a known fact that luck hates Kim Taehyung. So clearly the more he tries to divert attention from him, the more he gets.

Giving up, he drops the hoodie onto his back and serves an innocently impish grin straight at the officers who also turned to look at him; confused.

"Officer! Its him! Its that guy who did that!" one of the men speak up in defense.

Taehyung shoots a dark glare at him and like a cowering puppy, backs off and begins to take notice of his pinky fingers; playing with it.

"W-wait? So your saying, he? Did that?" Hoseok, astounded, points from Taehyung to the man who was clearly too big and muscular to fit in the chair at the same times trembling in trauma; glassy eyes and an empty stare as his hands shake (except one of his fingers. Consider him a 19- man now) at the thought of his oppressor right across the hall smiling innocently.

The other men nod and insist that Taehyung was at fault. (In return Taehyung starts acting shocked and offended, much to Hoseok's agreement)

"Wow, I just got here and now your accusing me?!" Taehyung fake pouts, much to one of the female officers liking. "I-its true! He broke boss man's pinky!" the same man reiterates.

Luckily, like any sane person, Hoseom refused to believe the accusations brought onto Taehyung. The blonde stood there with a rather confused look (his brain was trying to wire a reason on how he got involved)

"Look fellas. You've been up to no good with what you did to that old man who went here awhile ago. Do you want to be placed in mental institutions or a prison cell?" Hoseok intimidates once again, hands forced onto the wooden desk in front of him (Taehyung thinks its hot)

If the old man was still here, Taehyung can kiss his freedom goodbye (clearly old people were angels but this was not the time for them to be spilling tea on Kim Taehyung's hyper strength). 

"We swear we're not cra--"

"Shut up! No excuses! You really expect us to believe that Taehyung did that to you?" Hoseok snickers sarcastically with an eye roll and proceeds to walk towards where Taehyung and his desk were.

"Geez sorry Tae. You got caught in this unbelievable mess. Who would've thought they'd even go to the point of blaming someone like you?" Hoseok half-tilts his head in disbelief (showing off his oh-so-sinful collarbones) and sits on his desk; typing rapidly on his laptop.

Away from the two, the old man comes back to the precinct to report what had happened.

"Its true officer, these men harassed me but that young boy over there saved my life." the old man holding a wooden cane points over to where, by chance, Taehyung twists his head and meets the finger's direction.

Game over for Kim Taehyung. 

"Tae, that man just said you really did it. H-h-why?" Hoseok was about to enter a minor breakdown, confused and needing seconds in between to process his thoughts.

Normally in these situations, Taehyung would be perfect in coming up with reasons and beautifying his words. But this was Jung Hoseok he was faced with, the same Jung Hoseok who nearly saw him break the canteen faucet after he heard Hoseok call him 'nice hair, Taehyung!'.

​​​​​​Stuttering, gulping, at a lost for words and with Hoseok looking everywhere but at him, clearly confused with what to do with the situation. Taehyung was royally screwed.

"Hoseok, I think your getting it all wrong. Its actua--"

"You shouldn't be questioning an innocent bystander like that, y'know?" a familiar voice speaks up but he can't put a name on it.

"And who might you be?" Hoseok asks, his train of thoughts crashing and attention now on the familiar-sounding voice behind Taehyung.

"Doesn't matter. I'm a witness, not him. Ask me." the voice commands. Taehyung turns around and surprisingly its not what he expects.

A guy around his height, possibly taller by a few inches, round face, strong jawline, a large nose and an almost bunny-lile appearance. The voice didn't quite match. But the stare directed at the blonde by the guy clearly meant business.

"O-okay." Hoseok, confused but back in full professionalism sits down and crosses his eyebrows in concentration. Taehyung stands on the side of the ask like a secretary and just blatantly ogled Hoseok's face.

"Name?"

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Age?"

"Classified."

"We need this for inform-"

"-and I'm only here to give it. Not the personal kind."

With a frustrated sigh, Hoseok continues typing...

What Taehyung understood with the little not of focus and inking he had left from looking st Hoseok's godly face was that the men ended up arguing amongst themselves and that the old man already has a case of hallucinations 

Surprisingly, it fit a narrative that did not need Taehyung in it nor did it involve superhuman strength.

"That would be all for now. You may leave, thank you" Hoseok; as if memorized speaks out whilst rapidly typing on the keyboard.

"This is why everybody hates the police, rude bastards." the witness mutters. Unheard by the two, he frustratingly walks out and onto the nearest bathroom.

After standing for nearly 3 minutes, Taehyung speaks to a clearly busy Hoseok. "Uh, Hoseok-ah. About our lunch-should we just cancel it?" Taehyung asks, hoping the elder wouldn't allow it.

"Oh yeah. I'm sorry Tae. Gotta do this, its gonna take a while. That prick really had to keep his personal information from me and now I have to do intense background checks." Hoseok says mumbly, flatly talking through the sounds of plastic keyboard clashing with fingers.

Saddened, Taehyung tries to cheer up and smile. Waving goodbye to Hoseok (with the older simply saying 'bye' flatly) and to the possible first and only date he'll ever have with his longtime crush.

Taehyung disheartenedly walks out of the glass doors of the precinct, hoodie back on and clutching on his sling bag facing the windy day.

"Hey, you there." a hand touches his shoulder and Taehyung turns to see its the same man from awhile ago, now in a fancy looking white hoodie

"The hell you want?" Taehyung flats out, much to the other's shock, huffing.

"The nerve. Look, I just saved your out there. And if it weren't for me, you wouldve gone to prison and your powers would have been gone to waste." the other says, Taehyung this time was irked with his lips forming smirk.

"Look hotshot. I don't know if you think your hotstuff for helping me out there or if you want something from me. But I don't give a damn if you helped me or not. Did not need it." Taehyung sassily replies, face all over the bunny-faced man.

"Have you no gratitude? You could've been exposed right there by those people. They all saw what you could do!" the starts pointing at the precinct hall and face turning infuriated by the second.

"Bunny listen, I don't care if my gets exposed or whatever. I'm not in the mood to care for your self absorbed praise. You just singlehandedly ruined my first ing date with Hoseok and that alone is unacceptable." Taehyung says with no emotion, eyes looking straight at the other and walks out onto the asphalt sidewalk.

"So now I'm at fault? Wow thanks for-Hey!" the puffy-faced man berates at Taehyung who he realized too late was already out on the streets with no care.

"Gosh, who would've thought someone could do that to you, Jungkook? You perfect bastard." Jungkook self praises himself in annoyance. Frustratedly strutting on the carpark.

"That ing blonde I swear. And I didn't even get  his name."

From: Jeon Jungkook

To: KimGyu

Background check the security footage of the precinct just this hour and scan for recognition a blonde dude in a black hoodie.

​​​​​​that's gonna be my bodyguard.

-

"That ing brunette. A damn self-centered prick. Whatever the hell his name is."

From: TaeTae

To: Jinnie

Hyung, you gotta help me with getting an actual professional job. Help me get into JKE. please~