Call 6

The 911 Call (A Short Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

3:48 a.m

 

“The friend is here?” I heard my boss asking.

 

Taehyung looked around to see the sign of one of our officers. “I think she is”

 

“Call Officer Kwon to come with me” Boss said before going out the room.

 

And I’m still here, dying, feeling like I am not longer myself. I called her name until my voice couldn’t even uttered it anymore. It’s sad that I’m feeling this way when I was so professional before.

 

Now I’m just lost.

 

I can’t think straight.

 

“Chae… please answer me…” I whispered but I hear nothing at all.

 

And that scared me a lot more because I need more information, I need more of her and I don’t know how long the battery of her mobile will last.

 

But suddenly I heard footsteps coming closer.

 

“Jun- Jungkook?” She whispered. “Are you still there?”

 

“I’ll never leave” I responded. “Are you ok?”

 

“Eh – yeah…”

 

“Did he…?”

 

“No” She said. “He didn’t touch me but-” She stopped and I only can hear her respirations. “Uh- He- He told me they will sell me tomorrow and-” She started to cry. “And he only brushed my hair- I’m- I’m so scared Jungkook”

 

Sell her? That means she’ll be out of the country soon to an unknown destiny.

 

And I for sure can’t let that happen.

 

“He went out the door?”

 

“Yeah, but I don’t know if he’ll come back I can’t lock the door from the inside”

 

I only can pray for God to give me more strength than the one I’m already trying to have.

 

“I want to tell you something Jungkook”

 

“Don’t say anything I-”

 

“No, please, listen to me. I- I’ll fight until the end but… I want you to know that... if something goes wrong, you did n amazing job” She started to say and my heart is running so fast hearing her saying that. “You are an amazing person, I can feel it. I want to thank you”

 

“You should save those words and come to my work place so you can tell them right in front of my face”

 

She let out a soft laugh. “I can go to that place?”

 

“Of course, it’s not like a secret place or something”

 

I hear her laugh again, which makes me even weaker. I wish I could… I wish I could see her smile.

 

“You’re such a good guy”

 

I smile, because I honestly can't help it.

 

“Wait for a second; does the mobile have good battery?”

 

She made a pause. “No, no much, it’s like 30%, kind of”

 

“Hang in there”

 

I change the line to officer Jung’s line.

 

“Hoseok?” I said. “What happened? What you got?”

 

“We got nothing; Namjoon arrived already and we’ve been guarding the Hotel for a while. I don’t think they will arrive anytime soon”

 

“So being useless all this time?”

 

“Jungkook calm down” He said. “We’re doing the best w–”

 

“No! You don’t! Don’t say you are doing the best you can when you are parked outside a ing Hotel”

 

“Kooki–”

 

“Do your ing job and find those sons of a before they killed her, ok?” I hang up the line.

 

I am so angry.

 

“Jungkook” Suddenly my boss was in front of me. “You need to chill”

 

“Chill? She just told me those guys will sell her tomorrow. She is crying nonstop now, I don’t know what can she do out of desperation. I want this girl to b–”

 

“JEON JUNGKOOK!!” I heard Kim yelling over the phone.

 

“What?!”

 

“We got them! We got them!”

 

“What is going on?!” I frowned; right now the room is a mess of calls to get backups.

 

I can only hear them asking for explanation, some punches and screams while taking them down.

 

“Kim!! Kim!!” I yelled back, it’s giving me a lot of desperation.

 

“I’m here!”

 

“Kevin Yamada! The red lambo…”

 

“Hwa Ri Song three five?”

 

“YES! THAT ONE!” I yelled with excitement and everyone looked at me. “Check its’ GPS!!”

 

I listen the guy yelling at Kim.

 

“You don’t have permission for that” The guy yelled.

 

“After I found out where the girl is, it won’t be necessary any more, mate” Officer Kim answered him.

 

“What girl? I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

 

“Oh, you know what I’m talking about”

 

“Please, just please, I have a wife and a daughter”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter