Call 4

The 911 Call (A Short Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

2:08a.m

 

Since I answered Chaeyoung’s call, my stability has landed on the floor. Years of experience have been thrown to the trash can because I feel so much panic for no reason. It’s something I never felt before. I don’t know if it’s because it’s the first time I answered a kidnap in process or if it’s because I feel so bad for her.

 

She is not having a good time at all.

 

“How old are you?” I asked as I typed her name on my data base.

 

“I’m 21 years old” She said between her sobs.

 

“Where do you work? Tell me all your information”

 

“I work in YG Building as an Art Designer and- and-” She burst in tears one more time.

 

I swallowed hard. “Chaeyoung, you need to tell me more so I can know who you really are and I can send police officers to look for you, you need to be strong right now if you want to survive”

 

“I won’t survive!” She yelled softly. “Don’t you see? I don’t know where I am. You don’t know where I am. I’ won’t be avail to tell you anything, you won’t be avail to do anything…I’m so going to die”

 

“Listen to me; you’re not going to die. I will make sure to avoid that. I want to help you, please help me to help you”

 

She stayed in silence. I can only hear her respiration through the phone. I want to know what she is thinking, if she is just in silence because she is feeling someone close, if she is just gathering all her strength to keep fighting for herself.

 

I don’t know and I feel so much agony.

 

She breathed heavily. “I- I live in downtown Gangnam with my friend Lisa and- and my height is 1, 64 and my weigh is 48 kilos… uh… My hair is black and I was using a floral dress with a leather jacket” She makes a pause. “What else do you need?”

 

“That’s great, you’re doing a great job” I keep typing. “Where were you when you were abducted?”

 

She doesn’t answer.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

I heard her whisper. “GREEN LIGHT Club” Her voice cracked.

 

Jesus Crist, her voice makes so weak.

 

As soon as I got a match I could send help.

 

The photo of her passport was charging.

 

In this situation even though it’s very strange and rare, you have to alert your other dispatchers about what is going on so if they have a call that has to deal with the situation, they can share the information: if someone saw her, if someone saw the vehicle she was taken, if someone saw the guy who took her, if they saw the car close to some house or exiting the city and stuff like that.

 

Her picture has to be showed in the big screen for everyone to know how she looks like and how they can help to get this life back.

 

“To all the officers in duty, we have a kidnap in progress” I glance at my boss walking towards me. “Australian-Korean girl, 21 years old, black hair. Last time seeing in GREEN LIGHT Club wearing a floral dress with leather jacket; her name is Cha-”

 

I can admit that was a huge mistake. I can’t stop the information for flowing out. The police has to have it complete. But… as soon as I could see her real face something hit me. Something deep inside of me hit my guts. She is absolutely gorgeous. Her smile, her eyes, her face and her longhair.

 

This is amazing.

 

On the other line, having the worst time of her life, there’s a gorgeous girl who doesn’t deserve what is happening to her.

 

I sighed.

 

There’s no way I will give up now.

 

“Jungkook!” I heard the officers yelling at me. 

 

“Park- Park Chaeyoung, her Korean name is Park Chaeyoung” I said as soon as I recover from the unexpected ecstasy I was. “The only features she could see from her captor was that he wasn’t Korean but a white male”

 

“On it” I heard.

 

She hasn’t said anything in a long while.

 

She is right there with me.

 

I don’t know how.

 

“Chaeyoung?”

 

“From what is she calling you?” My boss asked me.

 

“From what advice you’re calling me?”

 

“From a dis- disposable mobile” She was a crying mess, even if I’m not with her, I can see it.

 

“Disposable mobile” I answered him.

 

“No wonder why we can’t track her” He said as he looked at the screen just like me.

 

“All my things were destroyed” I heard. “I heard how they were getting my purse empty and they crashed my cellphone, smashed my makeup, my ID, I think they destroyed everything Jungkook”

 

“She says everything is destroyed” I informed my boss about what she is telling me.

 

“This is bad” Boss Bang said. “Everybody be alert on any call you receive that has to deal with this girl. Any information you got, pass it to Jungkook and the others”

 

After I heard what he informed to everyone, I went back with her.

 

“Chaeyoung are you still there?” I asked her. “Whatever happens do not hang up on me, ok?”

 

“Ok…” I heard her answering. “I’m here”

 

“Are you hurt?” I ask. “Are you bleeding somewhere?”

 

“Through my mouth” She answered. “I fought back but they punch me in the face and I pass out. That’s why I don’t know how I get here”

 

I made a fist with my hands. “Who punch you?”

 

“I don’t know, everything was dark”

 

“But overall, you’re ok?”

 

“I’m still dress luckily” She answered. “I don’t feel pain anywhere but only my jaw”

 

I sighed; feeling more relaxed than before to be honest. At least they haven’t touched her inappropriately. Although I really feel rage for whoever punch her so hard to the point of making her bleed.

 

“Are you coming?” She asked me.

 

We shouldn’t promise or compromise with the caller but. “Yes, I’m coming and everything will be ok”.

 

Somehow I know she is smart enough to know I’m not coming but I think she knows I’m doing the best I can to keep her with her hopes up.

 

“Jungkook”

 

“Right here”

 

“We’re getting close to the GREEN LIGHT Club to talk with the manager and to find some witnesses as well” Officer Kim said. “We need to know the characteristics of the car that took her, do you have it?”

 

“Give me a minute” I went back to her line. “Chaeyoung? Did you saw the car where they took you?”

 

“I think it was a black sedan”

 

“Very good, very good”

 

The line of Officer Kim was on already.

 

“A black sedan”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter