Call 5

The 911 Call (A Short Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

2:55a.m

 

“Jungkook please” I heard her saying. “Don’t promise things if  you know it won’t happen”

 

I feel a huge pain in my heart when I heard her saying that. She is about to not believe me anymore and I’m afraid that she might give up and hang up on me.

 

If she does that, I won’t be avail to call her back because we’re not allowed to do that.

 

“I am not promise you things I won’t be avail to accomplish” I said. “Trust me”

 

“No…” She whispered to me as she was starting to cry. “I will die. I – I won’t see the sun light again”

 

“Stop saying that, you need to-”

 

“JUNGKOOK SHUT THE UP!! YOU KNOW I’LL DIE, CAN YOU ACCEPT IT? I WILL DIE! THEY WILL ABUSE ME. I- I rather be dead than do that”

 

“Listen to me, you-”

 

“No, Jungkook just shut up”

 

I can hear she is crying uncontrollably. If I only could travel through this phone, get her out of there and assure her that everything will be ok, I would be glad and my life would be complete. Sadly, I can’t. I want what I can’t do. It’s difficult to be sit here and hearing her all the things she is telling me without the power to do something.

 

“I won’t shut up” I started to say. “I won’t give up on you either”

 

She sighed. “Please tell my mo-”

 

“Shut up... Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!” I started to yell at her.

 

It’s not rage, it’s more like… I really want her to fight for her life.

 

I can sense everyone is staring at me. My boss, my partners, even the new dispatchers that are begin trained. I got all their eyes on me, but, do you think I really care?

 

“You’re going to wake up from being a little girl right now. I want you to step up and fight for your life. I want you to bring your hopes up. I want you to stop crying and start moving. I want you to stop being worry and start to do something about it. Help me to help you. I’m right here, on my feet, not giving up for you. Now I want you to be on your feet as well so you won’t give up on yourself either. ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?”

 

She didn’t said anything but I can hear her breath.

 

“I said… ARE YOU LSITENING TO ME?”

 

“I do” Her tiny but decisive voice said.

 

“We are in this together Chaeyoung. We are in this together, aren’t we?”

 

“We are”

 

“Ok, we need to be fast. Give me more information” I said to her  “Did you see anything else? What color is the Lamborghini again?”

 

 “It’s red” She whispered.

 

“You’re doing an awesome job” I said to her.

 

“Ok…” She whispered again. “What else do you need?”

 

“Hold on, hold on” I tell her as I quickly go to the Police line. “The victim is now on a house and we have a red Lamborghini in the scene, the owner is Kevin Yamada, he’s a tourist from Japan, 48 years old. He is staying in the Park Hyatt Seoul”

 

“We’re here watching the tapes. The guy is the same from the virtual information you send me. Officer Jung will go to the hotel to wait for him” I heard the officer Kim said.

 

“I can’t see anything else” She said.

 

“It’s ok. It’s ok” I said, pressing her bottom and coming back to Kim fast. “Make sure to go with backups”

 

“On it”

 

“There’s a hou-” She gasped. “Wait wait” She said whispering.

 

Oh my God, if someone find her in that room, she is probably in trouble.

 

I can hear footsteps and her movements, like she is scrolling around. I hear voices, a woman and a man talking between them. They are talking about... about “the packages for Thailand”, which makes me thing this is directly attached with human trafficking and that sudden conclusion give me chills.

 

I could feel all my body stiffing. 

 

I need to save her before they put her even farer from me.

 

I heard more, there’s music, loud music, a door opening and a door closing.

 

Then, I heard her sighting.

 

“That was close” I heard her whispering but not to me but herself. “Yo- You can do this…” She said, her voice cracked but to be honest, it makes me happy she wants to keep trying to be free.

 

But then she gasped and I heard her moving around.

 

After that, the door opened and a voice sounded.

 

“Are you ready sweetie?” I heard a man say.

 

“For… for wh- what?” She asked

 

“Didn’t you saw the huge closet you have?” The man said. “There are a lot of pretty dresses you could use for tonight. To make our clients happy”

 

She was about to say something but looks like she didn’t, rather than that she just sighed and let out a soft nervous laugh.

 

 “I think no- nothing of that fits me” She sounded compose but she can’t hide her desires of crying.

 

“Nothing baby doll?”

 

“No, nothing”

 

“Well, whatever” I heard. “We’ll let you for tomorrow, then”

 

She didn’t answe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter