Let's be Friends?

Thousand Miles Apart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yong Hwa?!"

I whispered so Min Young will not hear it. To have a privacy, I went to living room and close the door silently so Min Young wouldn't wake up. I sat to mga favorite place, by the window, then started typing again. I changed his name to my contact from 'Unknown' to 'Jung Yong Hwa' so I won't be confuse again if he text.

From: Shin Hye

To: Yong Hwa

Yong Hwa? How did you know my number?

With a snap of a finger, he sent a message again.

From: Yong Hwa

To: Shin Hye

You don't need to know... By the way, can I call you?

Call me immediately? I shrugged my shoulder and think... Okay, it's just a call and it doesn't mean anything.

From: Shin Hye

To: Yong Hwa 

Ok

I replied to him shortly and waited for his call.

*Ring* *Ring*

Yong Hwa: Yeoboseyo, Shin Hye-sshi

"Ah deh... Do you have anything important to say to me that you have to call me late at night?"

Yong Hwa: For me it's important, I don't know if it's important to you. Shin Hye, can we be friends?

Friends, it's okay. We already knew each other and we even dated few day ago so there's nothing wrong for him to befriend me. If he's another guy I'm sure they'll be asking now if he can be my boyfriend. 

"Okay, let's be friends, Yong Hwa-sshi"

Yong Hwa: Since we're friends already, you don't need to call me Yong Hwa-sshi. Just call me Yong Hwa, it's more comfortable to hear.

I bit my lip and nodded even though I know he didn't saw me nod.

"Okay, Yong Hwa."

Yong Hwa: Thank you. Do you know you're my first girl friend?

Girlfriend? He's assuming too much. A while ago we're just friends but now I'm his girlfriend?!

"What do you mean by 'girlfriend'?"

I chuckled nervously.

Yong Hwa: No, I mean girl friend. A friend that is a girl.

He laughed a bit that made me shy... I'm the one that was assuming and not him.

"Ah okay"

I waited for his response anxiously, biting my lips and looking to nowhere. I heard him sighed and yawned a little.

"I think I need to hung up now. I'm sleepy already and I guess you too"

Yong Hwa: ah deh. Good night, Shin Hye. Hope to see you again soon

"..." 

I didn't respond to him and managed to hung up.

*Sighs*

If he wants us to be friends then he'll soon or not only him, develop feeling for each other. Maybe I really need to move on about the past and start anew. A new life where I have a job, a really amazing job... But how can I find a job when I didn't even finish my studies.

No, it's not a problem. Maybe Yong Hwa can help, but we're not that close that I can ask him a help for me to find a job. 

Shi Yoon-ah, do you know how you made my life so miserable after you left me for another girl. It hurts me that it comes to the point that I quit my study. I know I shouldn't be affected by you and I regretted that I made that decision. 

We're young back then and I'm still blind. Blindly in love with you. All the memories, I mean all of the bitter-sweet memories with you was still intact in my mind. Years passed already and I'm here, still hurting.

Flashback

I was waiting for Shi Yoon oppa at the backstage of the stage he'll be performing at later. I brought some foods with me so he can eat before his performace. 

"Shin Hye!"

I turned to the direction where the voice came from and I saw it was Shi Yoon oppa.

"Oppa!"

I ran to him ans hugged him. I pulled him and have him the food and cold water I brought. 

"I'm sorry Shin Hye but I can eat that now and neither drink the water since I'm going to perform a song"

He looked at me apologetically as he apologized to me sincerely.

"Ani, it's okay oppa. I understand"

"Thank you. By the way, thank you for the effort fot coming her and you even brought foods for me, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter