Chapter 3

Picking At The Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

me.

The doorbell had already rung thrice and I realized whoever this was wouldn’t go away if I didn’t respond. This also meant that they knew I was home and were probably people I was close to. Solji.

I wrenched myself up as it rang the fourth time. “Ugh, just ing wait, will you?” I shouted and trudged the door. I opened the door with some difficulty.

“We brought lun…ch,” Jinyoung said and I actually managed to register that there were three people at my door and that it was probably past one. “Uh… did you just wake up?”

“Yeah, come inside,” I murmured, holding the door open.

The three of them came in and I shut the door. “Great timing, guys.”

“Uh… yeah, are you alone?” Solji asked me.

“What the do you mean?” I asked her.

“You know…”

“Oh, shut up! I slept through the morning. I’ll just go change.”

“We’ll set up the table.”

Since, I was the only one without roommates and with a dining table, my house had become sort of a hangout for the group. I still consider myself a fool for not having noticed. I brushed my teeth and when I finally looked up in the mirror after washing off my mouth, I noticed how completely right Solji had been to think that I had someone over. My hair was in complete disarray, I was wearing black, lace boyshorts and my shirt barely covered my navel. Total after- outfit.

I changed into a pair of sweatpants and my favorite shirt, VIXX’s Leo’s shirt. I also brushed my hair and pulled it into a pony. I looked much more presentable now. I mean, I looked fine before but… it really just wasn’t for this crowd.

“Hey guys,” I said, walking out into the room.

“Hey, we were thinking about watching Six Planets,” Jinyoung said. “You in?”

“I’m always in for Six Planets.”

We ate as we watched the latest episode of the show. Solji and Jinyoung seemed to be avoiding each other, eye contact and all. It was so weird. I didn’t even know that they were dating and now they were broken up. I didn’t want to ask but Dae kept giving me these rude looks that made me think I should.

After lunch, they decided to leave and leave separately. They insisted on leaving in different cabs and Solji even waited for him to leave before even calling a cab. Dae looked like he wanted popcorn and twizlers.

“I don’t even know what they could’ve fought about. He worships the very ground she walks upon,” Dae said, sarcastically.

“Do you really not like her?” I asked him.

“Don’t be stupid. She’s not my type, you know that. Plus, I don’t think I could ever fall for a girl who my best friend is already in love with. At that point, she’s my sister.”

“Right… so, what’s your type?”

“You’re my type,” he said, winking.

“Hey, shove that teasing of yours.”

“Then, don’t be interested in things that shouldn’t bother you.”

I rolled my eyes at him. I loved the man, but I really wanted to kill him. I knew that we had no formality between us but it was strange that he didn’t take into regard, at all, the fact that I was three years older than he was.

“What about you? What’s your type?” He asked me.

“You know VIXX’s Leo? He’s my type. Tall, handsome, brooding and intense are all qualities I look for in a man.”

“I never thought you run after the flower boy type…”

“He’s not the flower boy type. Plus, I don’t like people who talk too much. I like people who give me peace.”

“So, that you can talk?”

“That too,” I joked.

“But, seriously, what’s your type?”

“Um… Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter