Ch 7

You Never Walk Alone
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing flies faster than vacation, curse whomever did the vacation shorter than the study time Yuta thinks as a new, hard year knocks on their door.

 

Just like any other first day of school, him and Taeyong make their way to school.

 

“No Hansol, again?”

 

“What about you, Johnny is back.”

 

“We’ll talk it out, someday.”

 

Things go smoothly but not for Taeyong who is pointed out for the entire first month for the hell of a speech he held in the last year, Yuta is angry at the world for it, Taeyong is precious and his speech should wake them up, not turn him against himself.

 

“You can always blame it on puberty, that’s why we’re teenagers.” Johnny says at the chocolate over a doughnut.

 

“He’s right, oh!” Yuta remarks and they all stop in their tracks to pay attention at what comes “with Taeil off, we still get Taeil-like comments, I miss him!”

 

Johnny’s doughnut falls from his mouth and Taeyong choked on his kimchee, Yuta looks confused while Hansol tries to help Taeyong giving him some spanks on his back.

 

“Fo- fu-k sake Yu!!”

 

“I miss him too, he just texted that he misses all of you and this, he also just stated uni and said it’s quite boring, but learning is another level.” Johnny said after picking back the doughnut to continue the chocolate off it.

 

“I saw him the last days, he was around the br-“ all the heads turn to Hansol’s direction and he switches awkwardly the subject “Johnny you have chocolate in the corner of your mouth, I have to go now.”

 

“What was that?” Taeyong asked “augh, wipe that Johnny” he puts a paper tissue next to Johnny.

 

“No, I will it” and he his lips and the corner of his mouth having the other two left on the table disperse and leave him in a wicked laugh.

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone puts pressure on them for the Sats, to choose a university that will accept them based on their grades, but almost everyone forgets there’s a prom and they will have to enjoy it as well.

 

But in all this riot Yuta finds a good thing, he gets to spend more time with Hansol as he proposed to study together.

 

Laying on the floor of his bedroom, books scattered all over the place and Yuta throws his pencil away.

 

“Let’s take a break Hansol” he says stretching his hands towards the other.

 

“But you said we should at least go through 10 tests until I go home, we barely did 3 and it’s quarter past five.”

 

“Who can blame me, I focus a bit less when all I think is kissing you.”

 

“Yuta, stop!” Hansol stops him and Yuta pouts, so cutely, “maybe I don’t have many chances left to pick a university, most probably I won’t but you, you have other chance Yuta, please focus otherwise I will never forgive myself.”

 

“Stay for the night then, we will get through the tests and kiss at night.”

“Your mom is not going to allow it.”

“She doesn’t have to know about the kissing though.”

 

There’s a knock on the door minutes later and his mom enters the room, only half the body.

 

“Let’s have dinner before Sol leaves, I thought Tae was going to join you?”
 

“Mama, can Hansol stay for the night?”

 

“Oh, sure, but he has to let the lady that he is going to be here, stranger or not she may be worried if Sol doesn’t show up, now dinner is ready be down in time.”

 

They both know no one will worry if Hansol goes home or not, the lady only worries if Hansol doesn’t pay, but no other reason.

 

“Mom doesn’t know it all, but once we get to university let’s find a place to stay, a studio flat, we don’t need much, but I want to make a place for you to call home and to know someone is waiting for you and cares and worries” he hugs Hansol tightly after pressing few kisses on his lips.

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s the third year of school and Yuta realized the important conversations actually happen in the cafeteria.

 

“We should move our asses to the library and study.” Taeyong points out.

 

“Ah so today you play Taeil, go it.” Yuta jokes to which Taeyong scoffs.

 

“Guys, everyone is ‘study study study’ but no one mentions the fun part of this year, the P R O M” Johnny spells the last word.

 

“Yeah prom, who can think of it when there are seven million things to do, and guys until when do we have to do the clubs because, I get less and less time for the club and just go there to waste even more time” Taeyong states.

 

“Forget that for a while, we have to organize the ball, they will soon decide which class does what and then, the most important thing of it, we have to propose someone.” Johnny completes.

 

“Hmm…you are right, I mean for these two is already obvious they don’t have to do anything but to us is either getting proposed either propose, or both?”

 

“But how does this go, if you got proposed but you want to propose someone else you refuse or you are not allowed to since you didn’t get proposed?”

 

“Why do you even worry Hansol, you have a date, and a real one at that” Johnny looks suspicious.

 

“Whom do you have in mind guys?” Yuta asks.

 

“I will keep a secret for now” Johnny says while Taeyong shrugs.

 

“I have no one in mind.”

 

 

 

Yuta’s forever love scratch that enemy math shows up in the picture again, for the test simulations he did so bad his mom begs for him to take tutoring again, but what can he do, Taeil is in university and doesn’t have time to play with kids.

 

“Honey we talked about this, you need good grades for sats, please do something while you can, you know last year went very well after the tutoring.”

His mom was right, he did so well after he started studying with Taeil that even the teacher got surprised on how much he improved.

 

“Tae chan, have a say please, convince him.”

 

“Mama!”

 

“She’s right Yu, wake your up and call Taeil, you can never know if he has time or not if you don’t ask” Taeyong says once Yuta’s mom is out of the radar.

 

“Fine, fine! You got me in despair!” he says dialing Taeil’s number “Hi hyung it’s me, Yuta” he says fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

 

“What hyung now you brat, what happened, finally deciding to remember your old friend”

 

“Ei hyung, how come, you are the one that doesn’t have the time for us”

 

“Have you ever asked for my time brat? How are you, how are the rest, sat coming up for your sorry asses?”

 

“Actually this is why I am calling, you know me and math hate each other and…”

 

“Yes, I can, but only Wednesdays or Thursdays, for the rest I am booked, and no weekends this time”

 

“Agh do I even have the right to say otherwise? Let’s start next week, fighting! Oh and Taeyong says hi and that he misses you!”

 

“Fighting!” Taeil says after he chuckles and the conversation is over.

 

“Sometimes I hate you, I wish I could talk to him like that too, but I think he avoids me on purpose” Taeyong says and slaps Yuta off the shoulder.

 

“What was that for?”

“For ‘Taeyong says hi and he misses you.”

 

“It’s the truth tho.”

 

“It is yet you can’t just freely tell him without my consent.”

 

“I will choose Wednesdays, so yeah, be here but don’t bother him, ok??”

 

Taeyong hugs Yuta like is the end of the world.

 

 

 

But there it goes, over half of the semester passed and none of them made a move, while the seniors keep dropping off the club activities the proposals flow all over the place, when the phones are chimming it’s a new proposal, and each is unique in his own way.

 

Everybody seems to be getting their proposals less Yuta, and not that he couldn’t tell Hansol that he wants it but the older boy should know by now how badly Yuta wants to be asked in a formal and nice way to go to the prom.

 

“Guys, I have a dilemma.”

 

“Like what, Johnny?” Yuta asks.

 

“Why are you pissed again?” Johnny asks instead.

 

“Let him be, I’m listening, is it the literature exam?” Taeyong brings closer his drink and takes a sip through a strap.

 

“No Tae, I’ll rock that, the prom.”

 

“Don’t ing mention it!” Yuta threatens.

 

“Why?” Johnny and Taeyong ask in unison.

 

“I wasn’t invited…”

 

“Yuta, just ask him.”

 

“I’m always doing the move, what if he doesn’t even like me and just plays around?”

 

“You’re my best friend and I know you since…long time now, but you’re stupid as .”

 

“Talks the one that tries to seduce other people’s math tutor.” Yuta points his middle finger out.

 

“What, he’s hot!”

 

“Gay!”

 

“Look who’s talking!!” Yuta and Taeyong shout in unison.

 

“Guys!! Stop, it was about me now…”

 

“Yeah, sorry Johnny go on, Yuta needs to chill” Taeyong says gaining a slap from his best friend.

 

“I’ve been invited by 2 on this prom.”

 

“ing lucky bastard.”

 

“Language Yuta, but how’s that a dilemma, just say yes to the one you want to go with.”

 

“Good point Taeyong, the one that I want to go with it’s none of the two.”

 

“Oh, ok, then invite them.”

 

“That would be logic but what if it will be a no?”

 

“Then pick one of the two, duuh” Yuta hits his temple twice.

 

 

 

Hansol enters the cafeteria and Yuta sprints to him grabbing his hand and taking him to the back of the gym.

 

“Where were you?” Yuta asks in genuine concern.

 

“Just around.”

 

“Look Hansol, I want to ask you something.”

 

“Will have to wait.” He says his hands in his pockets.

 

Yuta fumes, but he gives into Hansol, that today laughs more than ever and he dies to know the reason behind it.

 

“Close your eyes” he tells Yuta.

 

“What is this huh?” Yuta smiles from ear to ear, so excited his heart hammers in his chest.

 

“And turn around please” Hansol maneuvers Yuta to have him facing with his back.

 

“Omg, Hansol this is -“

 

Hansol pulls out a necklace from his pocket and puts it around Yuta’s neck, leaving the latter speechless.

 

“Na Yu, will…will you…” His voice trembles hard, his words come out in a strange way, but Yuta dies with excitement, could this be it?

 

“Yes?”

 

“Wait” Hansol says exhaling few times before continuing “will you go to prom with me?”

 

“No way!” Yuta jumps.

 

“Why??” The disappointment in Hansols face was heart breaking but Yuta hurries to clear the misunderstanding.

 

“Are you kidd-I mean yes, YES! Oh my God, YES!” he jumps to Hansol’s neck.

 

The necklace is heart shaped and Hansol shows him he wears the same one too, Yuta’s eyes are teary thinking how the other must’ve worked a lot to get these things.

 

He is happy the necklaces lock the same this must mean Hansol has his full heart in, not only half.

 

“I love it, I will never take it off!”

 

“Never is a long time” Hansol kisses Yuta’s forehead but Yuta will not have it, and he drags Hansol into a full kiss until they’re too breathless and pull apart to breathe.

 

 

Yuta woke up with a strange feeling, like he was empty, he’s been having nightmares the entire night too, he gets up from his bed and holding onto the necklace Hansol gave him he goes towards the bathroom to prepare for school.

 

He calls Hansol first to check if he is doing fine.

 

“Oh, you got up? Are you ok, you sound a bit strange?”

 

“No, I am fine, I just woke up that’s why my voice is like this, you should see my hair tho, a piece of art, I have to wash it or else will not calm down”

 

Hansol laughs on the other side of the phone “don’t wash before taking a picture, send it to me, I wish to see your face in the morning, every morning, but for now I have deliveries to make.”

 

“Ok, ok, don’t be mad I will send it to you, take care please!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter