Thorn of Truth

Scions of the Dusk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan tossed the gun away as he broke down in tears.  

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” he sobbed helplessly upon realizing what he had just done to his family. Sehun watched his world crumbled that night, and it broke his heart, too. Luhan hated himself for getting fooled into thinking that someone had actually found his father’s murderer, for blaming Sehun about it and for pointing a gun onto his head almost without hesitation. He felt like a terrible person, and his heart hurt like hell.

It hurt to cry. It hurt to think. It hurt to breathe.  Everything hurts. 

Kneeling down before his weeping stepbrother, Sehun offered a hand as Luhan wavered at this gentle gesture. “Come on, let’s get you treated and go home,” said Sehun as calmly as he could, a wistful small smile was etched on his face which exuded with relief and sincerity. “Come home with me, Han.” 

And Luhan felt safe again.

 

ARI’s POV 

 

My whole life, I believed that Sehun was the one. My first and last love. I had so many dreams of the future; simple dreams of the two of us being happy together. I thought we were endgame. I hoped that if we ever separated, he would at least cry for me because he loved me more than I have ever loved him. But I guess, this is just what first love is. 

Sweet while it lasts, painful once it ends. 

I thought I was the only one suffering then, but the truth is, I was just being selfish. I wanted to feel better, so I hated everyone but myself. I tried to mend something that was beyond repair. 

It took me a while to see that I was the most selfish person I know. 

Sehun may be my first love, but was I really his first love? I wondered as I looked at him and Luhan together with the gang. Sehun looked at his stepbrother in a way that he’d never looked at me. I didn’t wanna believe it, or assume things, but my heart was telling me there was definitely longing in his gaze. And that wasn’t even the first time I noticed it. I just kept on denying, and denying, and denying, repeatedly. 

I followed them at the aquarium that time. I was curious to no end. As a matter of fact, Sehun couldn’t take his eyes off of Luhan. I was against it. I wanted to go crazy. I felt like attacking them, but I just froze. I ended up running outside, crying like a pitiful baby. I was so pitiful to the point that I couldn’t even think of anyone to call for support. I had no best friends. Just Sehun. 

Then as if o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter