Here to Verify

Scions of the Dusk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ari’s POV

 

Alone.  

Lonely.

In denial. 

Angry. 

Bargaining.

 

That’s coming from a sixteen year old high school girl who just got her heart broken for the first time. 

 

The worst days of my life just kept on coming after Sehun broke up with me. I had confronted the wrong person, accused someone of being gay, and even got hit by reality that Sehun, in fact, no longer liked me. 

Unless, he never really liked me in the first place. 

Maybe it’s easy to move on for men, or maybe it should be easy to move on for high school students because we’re young and we have a long life to live - if we’re lucky. Perhaps, I’m just being difficult because... I still can’t accept the fact that the love of my life... is not the love of my life after all and I wasted all my time trying to build it into something bigger, better. 

But I thought, what if, all I needed to do was to change myself? Perhaps the love of my life needed someone who was braver, less whiny, dressed differently and ordinarily, or someone who was a little more smarter and less dumber. 

I could only wonder what it’d be like... if I could do it all without forgetting who I am or what my goal is. 

The next day after that, I was ready to convince Chanyeol to train me into someone as cool as Krystal, even though I had a feeling, he was gonna reject me again and again. I didn’t even know if he could fight, I just had my assumptions. 

Chanyeol wasn’t at school that day though, so did Sehun, nor their pink-haired stepbrother.

I felt left out all of a sudden. 

I used to be their childhood friend, their little sister, but now... did Luhan really steal everything from me? 

I had to verify myself, but the people I needed to see weren’t in sight - including the wolf hunters’ squad. I was on my way out to skip class when I overheard someone mention Sehun’s name. 

There was a man by the fountain standing next to the school building. His back was facing me at first, but I thought he looked really familiar. He was on the phone with someone, with a conversation that sounded rather confidential and troublesome. “I’m sure Sehun should be aware by now. That was only his first warning,” the man said proudly as I quietly listened with my mouth agape. “As for the cure, it’s all settled. I have a plan, big boss. It’s going to be fun.” 

Everything was going well until I unconsciously said out loud, “is my Sehun in trouble?” The man turned around hastily; luckily, I was able to hide under the gargoyle statue and the bushes. Then I grabbed a pen from my blazer’s pocket and thought of using it as a tool to interrogate the bad guy. If Sehun was in trouble, I had to help him and be useful for once. 

Before the said bad guy could escape, I showed up in front of him with a sharp pen pointing towards his nose as I attempted to threaten him in the most amateurish speech. “Don’t move or you’re a dead meat to me,” was my almost courageous line before I recognized the man before me and it caught me off guard. 

 

 

 

 

“Jin Guk?” 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol’s friend? Why is he plotting against my Sehun? Is this a joke? Was that a prank call? This imbecile is trying to hurt my Sehun? But he looks like an idiot? I thought, a little too much; allowing the culprit to flee from my grip. 

I ran after him in my mind and even did karate to take him down, but in reality, I just stood there frozen like a banana ‘bout to be eaten. 

Taking all that aside, I took the bus to Sehun’s house and left him a bunch of voicemails. I was wondering what was happening at his house, and what warning Jin Guk was talking about earlier. I was hoping Sehun wasn’t hurt; if he was, I could have hated myself for letting that perpetrator go. 

Upon arriving at his house, the first figure I saw was Kris, who was already in his ‘messy’ uniform. Then Krystal, who still thinks it’s wednesday wash day for not wearing her uniform. That leather jacket would look good on me though. 

“What now is your rendezvous with Sehun for coming here unannounced?” I asked as I sassily approached Krystal. 

Krystal just snorted with an aggravating laughter. “Look who’s talking. Did you tell Sehun that you were coming here?” She asked teasingly, making me lose my sassiness a little too fast. 

“Of course!” I exclaimed. “Of course not,” I continued. “I don’t need to, as his ex-girlfriend and childhood friend, I can go in and out of his house.” 

“Too bad,” Kris cut in as he calmly pushed Krystal behind him. “Sehun doesn’t accept visitors right now. He’s going out with us.” 

For a moment, I just looked up at him and appreciated the fact that a man who is feared by almost everyone at school, just talked to me. And whatever he said, didn’t offend me at all. 

“His house was attacked last night and now Luhan is dying,” he explained with anger in his tone. I only heard the last three words he said though, and for a second, I was lost in relief and delight. 

“Oh, thank goodness!” I chimed, grinning wide. Kris and Krystal just looked at me with an un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter