Warning

Scions of the Dusk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Petrified.

 

That’s what Sehun felt when he witnessed the most important person in his life fall lifelessly onto the floor. 

 

Panic. 

 

He panicked when he had realized that he could lose the latter without even saying he cared about him, thought about him, and loved him - more than he believed he should.  

 

Rage. 

 

Sehun was enraged, not only at this person responsible for the poison, but himself. When he found out who was behind the incident, the reason why Luhan was dying on his bed right at that moment was...him. Sehun had definitely ran out of words to describe how terrible and infuriated he felt.

 

Guilty. 

 

Because he knew it was all because of him. Because of him - his stepbrother, the only person he’d love like this, Luhan, was battling for his life. 

 

Sehun could still remember how he almost lost his beloved. He could’ve catched the culprit last night, but he took the step back and thought only about his beloved Luhan.

 

Yes, he couldn’t just leave him behind.

Not this time.

Not anymore. 

 

Sehun seemed like he was falling apart, Chanyeol noticed. Sehun was persevered with treating Luhan as soon as possible; the fretful half werewolf was out the poison out of Luhan’s system, even though there was a chance he could transfer it to himself. 

 

If Luhan hadn’t called his name that night, Sehun could have cursed himself forever. 

 

Luhan might not have noticed the delight and satisfaction that painted Sehun’s expression, but Chanyeol unmistakably spotted it again. 

 

Chanyeol wondered if Sehun knew how terribly anxious he looked back then, and how Luhan actually felt about him. The brunette deeply wondered if his cousin noticed anything at all. About love. About Luhan. Was he just playing dumb or was he, in fact, numb? 

 

The following day after the incident, thanks to Ari’s help and big ears, the wolf hunters squad were able to catch the culprit just on time. The squad, along with ten or more members, tied Hyun Jin Guk in ropes on a chair. 

 

Chanyeol was hesistant the entire time. He refused to hurt his friend, Jin Guk, as he couldn’t even bear to watch the others punish him until he answers. Indeed, the brunette had formed a friendship with the man who attempted to kill his family. Nevertheless, Sehun didn’t care. 

 

All he cared about was getting the answers he needed. “Where is it? Where is the cure for that ing poison you created?” was the first thing Sehun asked.

When Jin Guk refused to answer and laughed instead, Sehun gave him a punch straight on his face that it broke his nose terribly as the chair tumbled down beneath him.

“Where is it?!” Sehun repeated angrily, grabbing a fistful of Jin Guk’s hair. The rest of the gang watched in disbelief, it might have been the first time they saw Sehun looked intimidating and heated rather than an expressionless man.

”Aren’t you wondering,” Jin Guk began whispering in his ears, “why I did it?” 

Sehun gritted his teeth in anger. 

“Oh Sehun,” Jin Guk tried to catch his breath as he murmured strivingly, “You don’t belong here, beta. They are your real enemies. That stepbrother of yours? He will...kill you.” 

Sehun knew that, he didn’t need the werewolf to slap reality at him. “Where is the cure?” He tried, once again. 

“I’ll tell you,” Jin Guk said out loud this time, allowing everyone in the room to hear. “On one condition,” he added but the next thing he said was barely audible for everyone to hear. Sehun heard it though, and to the desperate evil werewolf, it was all that mattered, the thought that he had scared the half werewolf with a mere warning. 

“Chanyeol,” Sehun called to his confused cousin. “The cure is in this guy’s locker. Get it and take it to Luhan,” he told him without doubt, entrusting Luhan’s life to the brunette.

Everyone noticed the dawn that was drawn on Sehun’s face as he made his way out of the warehouse. Kris ran after him, grabbed his arm rather rudely, only to see Sehun glaring daggers at him, in which he ignored. “What did he say? What was that condition about?” The man in all black questioned, his grip tightening against Sehun’s skin. 

“Nothing,” Sehun replied calmly.  

They are your real enemies, Jin Guk’s facts repeated in his mind like a mantra. That stepbrother of yours? He will... kill you. 

“He was just warning me,” he added hesitantly. 

Break them off then kill everyone who stays in this ing gang. They’re an eyesore to ours. Do it, or we will. Sehun recalled Jin Guk’s last words, before he headed out like a coward. 

 

Right after Luhan took the said cure and regain his consciousness, Kris was the first person that he sees. Luhan was glad to see his best friend’s satisfied expression, but he could’ve been happier if it was someone else. Someone who cared less about him. 

The pink-haired boy scanned his surroundings, searching for a certain man with dark charcoal hair and skin as white as porcelain. But he wasn’t there.

As if on cue, Kris made sure that Luhan knew how his stepbrother took responsibility of him. “If it wasn’t for Sehun, we wouldn’t be able to completely save you. He was a completely different person today,” Kris told him. 

“W-What do you mean?” Luhan asked. 

“He acted like your overprotective brother today,” Kris answered, still half-amused. “I bet he’s not gonna admit that though. He’s got a hella big pride. It seems.”

Luhan was silent, but he was noticeably red, that even Kris wondered what was on his mind. Kris didn’t ask him any further questions; neither did Luhan, who asked if he could just rest and be alone for a while. 

 

The next day, Luhan was up with a positive mood. He had recovered his energy and was feeling very productive like usual. He showered really early and texted his mother an update about how great his morning was, then he cooked hotdogs with spam and egg for everyone’s breakfast instead of just the usual cup noodles. 

After preparing for back to school, Sehun and Chanyeol went to the kitchen to see the menu of the day. “Whoaaaaa,” Chanyeol piped. The tall brunette was the first to take his seat in a very thrilled manner. “This is perfect. I’m famished,” he said before digging his breakfast. “Thanks, Han!” 

“No problem,” Luhan smiled before glancing at Sehun who was merely boring his eyes at the food on the table. “Sehun, you must be hungry. Have breakfast with us before going to school,” the pink-haired boy suggested, almost eagerly. 

“I’m not hungry,” Sehun muttered sternly. His eyes caught the innocent one’s pained appearance before he spun around and walked out of the front door. 

Chanyeol just watched them amusingly, enjoying his food at the same time. Luhan didn’t seem pleased, he noticed. “I can eat his breakfast too if you want,” he offered with a straight face.  

Luhan sighed. “Sure,” he uttered in a dissatisfied tone. “You can eat mine, too. Thanks, Yeol,” he added before grabbing his stuff and heading out to follow his stepbrother, “See you at school!” 

“Wow,” Chanyeol muttered to himself. “I’m eating alone, huh.” 

 

Luhan did the same the following mornings, including the weekends. He made breakfast for everyone just as he promised his mother and stepfather who were still out of town until a month later. Sehun did the same to hurt Luhan’s thoughtfulness, he ignored the food and left without even taking a bite.

“Where are you going?” Luhan followed the latter to the door. “I made kimchi.”

“I’m going out,” Sehun lied, putting on his shoes as he ignored the smaller boy’s scrutinizing gaze. “I never asked for breakfast, don’t bother yourself next time,” Sehun said before walking out on him again. 

“He hates you,” Chanyeol commented after finishing breakfast and running after his cousin in a haste.

“Sure,” Luhan mumbled to himself, annoyed. “I hate him too.” The following week, a devastated Luhan was going to follow Sehun to school that day, but had to stop when he found Krystal strolling beside him, looking as if they were having a rather serious conversation. 

The pink-haired boy’s eyes were downcast; he seemed to have lost the eagerness to bother his stepbrother that day. Luhan let out a disapp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter