ONE

it all leads to you.

Baekhyun, hummed to his all-time favourite song while he walked on the cold streets on a typical December winter day, with no aim at all and just wanted to enjoy Seoul's beautiful and chilly winter days. Sometimes he stopped at some certain spots to take pictures, that he thought it would be perfect as part of the segment 'Editor's Features' for his company's upcoming magazine issue.

While he was strolling, a good-looking girl, in typical winter clothes, walked past by him and he glanced at her, accidentally as it was normal for people to look at others who walked past by them in public. She seemed about Baekhyun's age, and looked like she was bare-faced and really young.

At that moment, he felt his heart skip a beat. For some reason, he never felt like this before. He didn't knew why but, she reminded him of a spring day now during Seoul's annually winter. It felt like a 'deja vu' and it felt like he had experienced this glance before yet it was so amazing. It's not that his heart skipped a beat because she was too beautiful and he was eventually falling for her just by one glance, no. And all those feelings and thoughts had to run through his mind in a second.

He stopped his tracks while she continued walking. He looked back at her. He just shrugged it off and continued his journey, and decided it was just a coincidence and nothing else.
***
"Sunbae, the internship interviews aren't going well as expected, should we just call it off?" Kim Jisoo, one of the junior editors, suggested Baekhyun, in his office room.

"Are there any good ones, by chance?" Baekhyun looked up at Jisoo.

"Yes, there's a pretty well one, her name is Choi Yoora and she is currently studying Fashion Design in Yeonsei University. Do you want to see her resume file?" Jisoo asked.

"I guess she's pretty good by how you described. Show me her resume," Baekhyun praised and asked, politely, even though Jisoo had been a good friend to Baekhyun, whom he trusted, for years after landing a job at Lorez. 

She passed Yoora's resume file to Baekhyun as what she was told to and the perfect man observed carefully while reading her resume.

"Choi Yoora. 21 years old....," Baekhyun halted his words, as he always would mumble the stuff he was reading. Jisoo was puzzled.

"Sunbae, is there anything you're surprised with?" Jisoo asked, showing her concern. Baekhyun wasn't replying at all, he seemed like he was in his deepest thoughts but also reading the resume. "Sunbae?"

"Oh, yes?" Baekhyun was pulled out from his thoughts once Jisoo tried to ask him the second time.

"Is there anything you're surprised with? In the resume?" Jisoo questioned again.

"Oh, there's nothing shocking and doubtful so don't worry. She's pretty well for a intern position. You can consider her in with your team, and let me know the final choices by Friday," Baekhyun closed the resume file, and looked up at Jisoo, smiling as he passed it over to her.

"Yes, sunbae. See you," Jisoo bowed politely, uttering a 'YES!' under her breath. She was glad she could help with something quite big at the company.

"Ne," Baekhyun replied sincerely.

As Jisoo walked out from his room, he spread his hands all over his face.

*Damn. She's the girl that gave me a deja vu a few days ago* he thought. *Is this a coincidence or just fate?*

*Ugh. I don't know....just, who is she?* 
**
"Yubin!!!" Yoora called out, excited, and ran over to her.

"Yes, Yoora? And stop shouting loudly suddenly, it's frightening me sometimes when I'm calm," Yubin complained playfully as she answered to her best friend's shouts.

"I got the internship! At Lorez!" Yoora revealed happily, but more or less more excited for her intern job.

"REALLY?! CONGRATS!!" Yubin burst out and clapped her hands like a seal, happy for her best friend.

They celebrated, jumping around and singing congratulatory songs in their own university dormitory and they were so loud that their campus friends even complained, but in a good way, of course.

They were both majoring in Fashion Design. Yubin is a pretty and popular girl in campus, but she's still humble and has a good personality. Her crush is Baekhyun's good friend, Kim Taehyung, who was majoring in Art Directing and known for his fun nature, good looks, and his passion for sports.

"Hey, I heard the deputy chief editor there is super good-looking and he's-" Yubin tried to persuade her best friend to snatch the perfect man, who's coincidentally her crush's good friend.

"No, I don't care for all those, sorry," Yoora replied as she smiled sweetly at Yubin.

"Chh, whatever," Yubin rolled her eyes, she expected it to happen.

"Hey, I foresaw the students' in Mr. Kim's biology class future a few days ago. You're in his class, aren't you?" Yoora told her.

"Yep, the guys there are so handsome and well-mannered, who wouldn't want to-," Yubin was cut off by Yoora, again.

"Hey, Mr. Kim isn't here today. He's down with fever," Yoora informed, ignoring Yubin's previous comments about Mr. Kim's class.

"REALLY?!" Yubin burst out. Days like this always had many surprises.

"Yep," Yoora nodded.

"THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION!! Having a friend that has abilities to see people's past lives and futures is one of the best things," Yubin said, and a string of 'YES!' utters went under her breath.

"So I'm reporting in on next Monday," Yoora mumbled as she scrolled down her message she received from the magazine company's headquarters. Lorez was her dream company, she always wanted to work there.

"You don't have classes that day, do you? Lucky," Yubin sighed.

"No, I don't. Anyways, I'm heading out to the lecture theatre first. Fashion class," Yoora grabbed her small pastel pink-coloured backpack with her coat and waved a goodbye to Yubin, who also returned the wave. Yubin didn't have any morning classes that day, so she decided to do manicure in their dorm.  Yoora headed out, to the crowded chilly winter morning pathways in the campus.
***
"Our sunbae!" Jongdae, the editorial team's youngest in Lorez, burst into Baekhyun's office room in the middle of the morning. Baekhyun flinched, messing up his writing on the table.

"Hey! You startled me!" Baekhyun complained.

"Mianhae," Jongdae scratched the back of his head. He was famous in the office mainly for his loud personality.

"So what brings you here, be at your desk?" Baekhyun chuckled, as he joked around.

"Oh, YoungJae hyung wanted me to pass this to you because he's busy out buying lunch later for us," Jongdae explained as he handed a blue ring file to Baekhyun, before walking around and admiring the artistic paintings on the walls in his close friend's office room, which was on one of the second floor's corners, just right where you can watch staff bustling around, busy doing their jobs. The office is pretty big, colourful, and spacious, enough for a few spread out sections into a few lit paths, staff's desks in the middle, a small lounge, in case some of the staff needs to distress after a day of hard work and that is where the staff usually plays games to determine the person paying for lunch and there's two floors. The second floor is most likely for senior positions, like Baekhyun's and it's on the edges of the walls, leaving the other free space clear for natural sunlight to soak into the office.

"Is this the final choices' file?" Baekhyun questioned.

"Hmm? Ne, it's the final choices' file," Jongdae replied. "They made the choices for the interns pretty much earlier than usual this season, was it bad?"

Baekhyun hummed and nodded, flipping open the cover and the first intern he saw was, Choi Yoora.

*Oh, she got recruited* he thought.

"Hyung," he called out. "Do you know who's this Choi Yoora?" 

"Choi Yoora? Ah, she used to be one of my closest juniors when I was studying at Yonsei. Pretty popular for her brains, looks and good manners. I haven't met her since I graduated," Jongdae shrugged.

"Oh, that's a coincidence," Baekhyun muttered.

"Why? Is she one of the new interns?" Jongdae asked as he walked over to Baekhyun's desk. 

"Yep, she is."
----------
Author's Note 🌸

This is more or less, like an intro to the main and supporting roles, but there's more to come so please anticipate and continue reading~ [email protected]