TWO

it all leads to you.

[#27/3/17 MONDAY 9:45 am - LOREZ PUBLISHING OFFICE]

And there was Yoora that Monday, following behind her fun, loud and amiable senior feature editor, Kim Junwon with a few other new interns. He was introducing the different spread out sections of the office, including the studio, the lounge, the editorial team's place (Junwon said it was the best team to disturb), Baekhyun's large office room on the second floor and others places.

They were soon assigned to their own desks, and greeted by the approachable new colleagues and also the friendly and colourful environment. Yoora enjoyed her new job, so far.
***
"IT'S ONE O'CLOCK YOU ALL!" Junwon stood up abruptly and his sudden burst startled the whole of Lorez's staff as some of them rushed about, trying to complete their tasks and some of them working at their own desks.

"What? So what if it's one o'clock?" Ah Reum, one of the beauty team's members, replied back at Junwon while she continued typing documents at her desk on her laptop.

"It's lunch time?" Junwon answered. "Who's paying this time?" he asked out loud, before Ah Reum would snap at him.

The loud commotion caused Baekhyun to stand up from his wide desk and walking over to his added balcony with glass railings, looking at his staff from far. The moment he set eyes on Joowoon as he talked, he immediately knew what was happening. It happened too many times to have Baekhyun recognising it too well.

"I'm treating. It's the interns' first day today," Baekhyun called out from his balcony.

Everyone recognised his voice, except for the newbies, and looked up at his office, spotting him standing at his balcony.

"As expected, our deputy chief editor," Junwon turned back to face Baekhyun up there, before clapping hands to himself. "Thank you," he thanked his boss dramatically. All of the staff celebrated through applauding and cheering.

Baekhyun slightly chuckled, grabbing his trench coat that was on his office's coat stand before descending down the stairs and to them. "Let's go, what do you guys want to eat?"

They ended up at their regular Korean Bibimbap restaurant nearby their office together with the new interns, who ate happily while they chatted and got to know each other more.

"Your name's Choi Yoora, isn't it? The new intern," Baekhyun tried to start a friendly conversation with her. They were sitting together with two other colleagues, Ah Reum and Junwon, coincidentally, in a table of four. Yoora and Baekhyun were sitting in front of each other.

"Ah, yes. You are Byun Baekhyun-ssi, aren't you? Our deputy chief editor," Yoora replied politely.

"Yep. Nice to meet you," Baekhyun offered his right hand out for a shake, smiling brightly at her. In fact, Yoora found him actually quite attractive, like what her best friend, Yubin commented on back then.

"Me too," Yoora returned the handshake, also flashing her signature smile at him. Coincidentally, she looked into his eyes accidentally and all she saw was a small part of his past. It showed a baby boy just being born from his mother, crying out loud and it was over. She didn't bother much about it, and guessed it was just the beginning of Baekhyun's past life. When she see people's futures or past lives, they would usually be over after a few seconds. At that moment, Baekhyun had a flashback of a young-looking woman in his mind. It was the first time.

"Baekhyun-ssi?" Yoora shook him up from his deep thoughts.

"Ne?" Baekhyun answered.

"Is anything wrong? You seem pale," Yoora pointed slightly to his face.

"Jinjja? (Really?)" Baekhyun asked, immeediately feeling his face.

Yoora nodded.

"Nothing's wrong. I just thought of something," he shrugged, assuring his new colleague that everything was fine. 
***
"Yoora-ssi!" a voice called out near Yoora's desk.

Her head shot up from her laptop, looking around if someone had called her. At that moment, Yoora felt a knock on her desk. She turned to look at the person.

She was puzzled for a second.

"Jongdae sunbae-nim! (Sunbae means senior in Korean~), " she called out to her surprise.

Jongdae gave her his cute smile.

"Yah, don't be so formal to me. I've been one of your closest seniors in campus for years," Jongdae patted her shoulder playfully to assure her. He has slided over to her desk in his office chair, since his place isn't that far from hers.

She slightly giggled. "Arraseo, what's up?" 

"Fashion Director Park wants me to introduce you to the office rules. She always has trouble with interns that don't know them and end up causing trouble," Jongdae explained.

Yoora nodded, understanding the situation well.

"Then, c'mon, let's get started," he slided closer to her, starting with the office's main sections, such as the studio.
***
"I'm back~," Yoora tried to sound cheery after she came in the dorm, locking the door twice to ensure they're safe.

"Oh? Yoora, you're home? How was the first day?" Yubin asked, coming out from her room in a face mask and comfy pyjamas, as her best friend plopped on the dorm's couch, letting out a sigh of relief.

"It's great, so far. The new colleagues were really fun and friendly. Guess who I met?" Yoora looked at her best friend, anticipating her answer.

"Who?" Yubin thought for a while but gave up.

"Kim Jongdae. You know, our loud and friendly ex-senior that was close to me? The guy that used to be one of the campus girls' eye candy?" Yoora revealed.

And Yubin's face dropped. "JINJJA?!" 

She nodded, standing up from her seat, leaving her bag on the couch as she headed to the small kitchen to pour herself water.

"Are you serious?!" Yubin burst out from the living room.

"Why would I lie to you?" Yoora snapped back, returning from the kitchen.

"So is he still on good terms with you? Is he still friendly? Is he still handsome as heck?" Yubin attacked her roommate with questions.

"Woah, stop right there. Yes, he's still good to me. Yes, he's still freaking friendly as ever. Yes, he's still good-looking as ever. Answered?" Yoora tilted her head to one side as she gulped the water down from her glass.

"Oh. My. God."

Yubin still can't believe it. He was her ex-crush and whenever he came to hangout at their dorm because of Yoora, she would get frogs leaping in her stomach.

Just minutes after, they were already slurping ramyeon together at the table while watching their favourite 10 o'clock Korean drama on TV.

"Anything big in campus today while I was gone?" Yoora asked between bites.

"A cute guy named Park Daehyun transferred here today, I heard. An Art Directing major. Saw him today. Pretty good-looking," Yubin swooned.

"Pa-park Da-daehyun?" Yoora's head shot up, leading Yubin to look at her curiously, wondering what's wrong with the name, Park Daehyun.

"Wae? What's wrong with that name?" Yubin asked, her eyes showing interest in knowing the reason.

"Oh, nothing's wrong," she shrugged it off, pretending that it's just fine. Yubin looked at her for a short while before pushing her doubts away and believing her best friend.

They chatted for a while, before washing their dishes together and cleaning up, getting ready for bed.

Yoora wanted to sleep. But she couldn't. She tried and tried. Failed.

The words keep repeating in her mind. 

Park Daehyun. Guess you're coming back into my life again after all these years. I've never expected it. I always thought you had already died since that incident. Since that day. Wow. 

I guess he already knows. And he's coming back. And find out the real truth behind it. Park Daehyun. 
------------

Author's Note 💖

Ooo, is this counted as a cliffhanger? If yes, gosh, I'm so mean 😂 I'm sorry if these chapters have been long and boring, sorry :"( I'm trying to introduce the characters to the readers more :) Please anticipate more~!
-@dopewangg