THREE

it all leads to you.

The weeks passed by with Yoora getting closer to her colleagues, especially Baekhyun, who was really friendly and fun to her. She was still careful with not looking into any of their eyes. Sometimes she did accidentally, into Baekhyun's, and she usually saw his past life more than his futures. Maybe all his futures were good, she thought. She watched his past life self born, grow.

They usually went out together, to hang out and sometimes with Jongdae and one of the new interns, Chaeyoung.

"You guys free this evening?" Baekhyun knocked in while they worked.

A few 'no's came from most of the employees' since they had to work overnight, but there's only three left, Jongdae, Dahyun and Yoora. The trio was all free, and four of them decided to go grab some snacks for the other employees to energise and cheer them up for a while.

As they were walking to the familiar snack tent nearby, Yoora received a call. She looked at the Caller ID, and looked at her friends.

"Guys, I'm going to take a call. Go ahead, I'll catch up later," Yoora told the other three, who agreed and walked off together.

She slided the accept button over.

"Oh, unnie. What's up?" Yoora greeted over the line.

"Yah, I have something surprising to tell you about," Yubin said over the line. Yubin's background was noisy and glitchy to Yoora, so she couldn't hear her that well.

"Move to a quieter place, I can't listen to you that well," Yoora complained and soon the line became clearer. "So what was that surprising something?"

"You know Park Daehyun right? The guy I told you that transferred here weeks ago," Yubin started.

"Y-yep?" Yoora choked on her words.

"He left a letter for you to Taehyung, who handed it ov-," Yubin was surprisingly cut off.

"DON'T OPEN IT!" Yoora called out over the line. She burst out suddenly, and didn't realise what she just did.

"Wae? Yah, why are you freaking over a letter," Yubin could be heard slightly giggling over the line.

"No-nothing," Yoora stuttered her words, panicking.

"Psh, you've been acting weird if I mention Daehyun. Don't worry. I won't open it. Ever," Yubin promised and just let her sudden burst slide off.

They chatted about their day for a while, before hanging up and going back to their own stuff. Yoora was just starting to walk to the snack tent her colleagues mentioned. Right before that, she felt her head was knocked and everything went pitch black.
**
"Yoora, can you hear me?" a familiar voice, which turned out to be Jongdae's, called out to her, who was lying soundly on the hospital's bed. She felt her eyes fluttering open slowly, before spotting her three colleagues whom she was with before the incident and Yubin.

"Where am I?" Yoora asked, mumbling.

"You're in Jeguk Hospital. Do you know who we are?" Baekhyun answered.

"Baekhyun-ssi, Jongdae-ssi, Dahyun unnie, Yubin unnie," she named as she pointed to them.

All of them breathed out a sigh of relief.

"Yah, we were so worried for you. They found my number in your phone when they discovered you fainted," Yubin slightly scolded.

"Wh-what happened?" Yoora questioned, her eyesight getting clearer.

"When we were walking back from the tent, we thought you were still there taking your call since you didn't come and find us, we spotted a crowd gathering nearby and we three went to find out what was happening. Turned out, it was you," Dahyun explained to her friend.

"Oh."

That was what Yoora could only let out.

"And what happened to you? Did someone knock you down or something?" Yubin said in a quite stern voice. Damn, anyone could tell she was really worried.

"I'm not sure. All I felt before I was down was that someone was striking my head with a great force and everything went black," Yoora shrugged.

"Wow. Who would hurt you? You've never actually did something bad to anyone, have you?" Baekhyun gasped, dramatically.

"Byun Baekhyun. For all these weeks you've known me and gotten close to me, do you think I'm that kind of person?" Yoora glared at him.

"Maybe," Baekhyun shrugged.

"Aish," Yoora murmured.

They friendly chatted for a while before running steps could be heard getting closer to the room. In a split second, a guy burst into the room.

"Yoora!"

"Aish, you startled me and whoever you a-," Dahyun started cursing silently then she was cut off by Yoora.

"Da-daehyun?"
**
"Daebak," Yubin mumbled as she drove herself and Yoora back to their campus that night.

"What?" Yoora replied, playing a game in her phone.

"Park Daehyun just worried for you?! That cute and handsome guy?!" Yubin's sudden burst frightened Yoora, who hit her back.

"So what?" Yoora turned to face her best friend.

"What? He was your best friend back then?! And you never told me? I was beyond shocked," Yubin snapped back at Yoora.

"But that was a long time ago?" Yoora settled back down in her seat.

"So what if it's a long time ago? You should have told me you knew him so I could get to know him!" Yubin complained, as if she wanted to snatch Daehyun off the shelf.

"And what's gonna happen to Taehyung then?" Yoora slightly giggled.

"Ta-taehyung?" she stuttered.

"Aigoo, my best friend is still madly in love with that guy," Yoora teased.

"What? I never said I was trying to date Daehyun," Yubin defended herself but still failed.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," Yoora didn't believe her words at all but still pretended she did.

Soon, they reached their university campus and the paths were still brightly lit with some students walking around in groups while chatting. Yeonsei University was just like this, friendly and warm as usual.

"So, where's the letter you mentioned in the phone call?" Yoora asked, almost forgetting all about it.

"Uh, it's on your table," Yubin stood thinking for a moment before answering.

Yoora went into her room to settle back. Her head didn't suffer from any major injuries but there's just a big black-blue bruise on it. As soon as she laid her eyes on her study table, she could spot the letter. She walked over to it, and opened the seal up, revealing a piece of folded white paper.

Hello Yoora, I'm Park Daehyun. Your best friend from elementary, remember? I'm here studying in Yeonsei now, Taehyung told me you were coincidentally majoring in Fashion Design here too and his friend. I didn't know how to react to the news, since we haven't met each other since you transferred to another middle school. How are you doing? Please let me know too. I've been well, just rushing some school assignments once in a blue moon. I'm usually in the university's D Building since it's the Art Directing department or the Men's Dorm. Building B. Roommates with Tae. Come and find me if you wish to? We should hang out again sometime to catch up. And I have something important to ask you if we meet up? Here's my number, 010-4321-9876. - Daehyun :)

"He has something to ask me?" Yoora asked herself through thoughts. She hesitated for minutes, before adding Daehyun's number into her phone.

Annyeong, I'm Choi Yoora. You're Daehyun, aren't you?

She hesitated again whether to press the send button, she didn't really want to meet him. She had a lot of things unclear from him before she left. Choi Yoora, you can do it. Be brave. He won't ask you about it. He must have forgotten about that. she told herself before clicking the send button anyway.

Sent.

Read.

Daehyun is typing........

Yoora gasped and she felt herself getting nervous, her hands turning cold. He's fast. she thought.

Yoora? Annyeong~yes this is Daehyun over here.

Oh, annyeong. I read your letter to me and was wondering when we can meet up?

Hmm. When are you free?

Yoora looked at her calendar, scanning over to see the day that she was free that week.

This Saturday? How 'bout you?

Saturday is nice, then should we settle on that day then?

Sure.

Park Daehyun is typing......

Where should we meet up?

Do you know the brunch café nearby our university? The one on 48 Sinchon Street?

Ah, yes. I've been there a few times. Should we hang out there, I guess?

Hmm. I think that's nice. Sure. You know my face and appearance right? ㅋㅋㅋ we haven't met since we separated and also in university either. Taehyung also sent me a photo of you, so don't worry.

Yep. Tae showed me your photos with him. How are you?

I'm doing well! I landed an internship and catching up with my studies bit by bit, getting ready for the midterms.

Oh, you really seem to be doing well. See you then? I'm at my family house for dinner now.

Ah, see you. Enjoy your dinner!

Yoora smiled for a while thinking about it. It was a pleasure connecting with her ex-best friend. Then she slapped herself up mentally.

Choi Yoora! Wake up! You embarassed yourself in front of him! Stop thinking about the good times! And focus on your studies and the internship!

She sure scolded herself. Cause she had embarassed herself big in front of him before.
--------------
Author's Note 💜

Deng deng deng, the thing between Baekhyun and Yoora will start soon, so please anticipate and keep reading~! -@dopewangg :3