Late night/Early morning talks

I Don't Need Your Help Poopypants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another day, late night/early morning, in the bakery and this time Sicheng and Taeyong were there with him. So that meant witnessing Taeyong baby Sicheng and talk to him like one would to a child. For some reason Mark always had dead shifts, which were easy but also soul consuming. It was quiet, save for the soft music playing through the speaker, and cold. It made Mark want to bring his pillow and blanket and sleep right there on the counter.

"At least try and look happy." Taeyong rolled his eyes going over to where Sicheng sat with a frown on his face. "Aw, why are you upset?" Taeyong was such a hypocrite.

Mark huffed. Sicheng was a baby trapped in an young adults body. With his pretty features and innocent aura he made everyone want to protect him. Including Mark, he always felt the need to help Sicheng in everything. It was too because Sicheng was so incredibly awkward with everyone it was painful to watch.

"I still don't know how you get off at two and wake up for school in time." Taeyong said from where he sat feeding Sicheng some gummy candies.

"Dedication." Mark said, elbows propped on the counter. "A lot of it."

It's also been a little over a week since Mark last saw Donghyuck, and he wondered if he really meant what he said about visiting the place. Maybe he only visits when it's day time, it's a lot more reasonable. He would say he's fine without seeing the other but that would be a lie. He definitely wanted to see him even if it was for a least five minutes. He wondered when he became so sensitive in terms of falling.

"Are you gonna keep flirting with Sicheng hyung?"

"I'm not flirting!"

"Right, just like Yuta hyung."

"I'm just helping him." Taeyong smiled adoringly at the Chinese male.

"Cause everyone needs help eating gummies."

"Shut up, Lee."

Mark made a zipping motion and grinned.

He saw someone outside the store and put on his usual employee forced smile. When the person entered he recognized him as Lee Jeno, the school's basketball ace player. Or Jaemin's crush, that's an easier explanation.

"Jeno? What are you doing here at this time?" Mark asked, it's a school night.

"Chemistry." Jeno sighed. "Can I get an americano?"

"Sure, Taeyong hyung one americano!" Mark smiled. "My friend is really good at chemistry I could ask him to help you."

"It would be wonderful but I don't wanna bother anyone." Jeno sighed. "I really need to pass this exam though, or I'm off the team."

"Ah, you need a B average right?"

Jeno nodded. "I'm so stressed."

"Jaemin can help you, though, I don't think he'd mind."

"Thanks, Max?"

"Mark."

"Thanks, Mark, can I have his number?"

Mark nodded quickly grabbing a napkin and scribbling down Jaemin's number. He's so good at playing cupid. "Here you go."

"Are you a senior?"

"Yeah, I'm graduating finally."

"Oh Mark hyung then, good luck on finals."

"Thanks you too!"

Taeyong came back with Jeno's coffee and placed it on the counter with a soft smile. Unlike Mark, Taeyong actually smiled sincerely, which was unpredictable to strangers. Taeyong looked cold as hell but he was actually a fluff ball with a sensitive heart. "It's on the house, don't worry about it."

Mark looked at a Taeyong and shrugged. "Enjoy! And shoot my friend a text I'm sure he'll be up still."

"Will do, thank you so much." Jeno grinned and went back out of the bakery.

"Giving out free coffee?"

"I take pity on high school students." Taeyong shrugged going over to probably resume feeding Sicheng the gummy candies. "Did you miss me too much?"

Mark rolled his eyes. "Stop flirting."

"Not flirting."

And while all of this happened Sicheng didn't utter a single word. Like always. He actually thinks he doesn't remember what he sounds like anymore. Out of the two Chinese employees Kun was definitely the talkative one.

Also despite seeing how uncomfortable Kun was when everybody was all over Sicheng they ignored it. Poor Kun, he deserved better. On the other hand Sicheng seemed weirded out, he was grown already but he didn't say a word about it, probably because he doesn't have the vocabulary to express it.

Taeyong took pity on high school students and Mark took pity on poor Sicheng and Kun.

There was really no other costumer for the remaining of his shift so he did was he was best at: eating. He ate a few pastries to keep awake and approximately three cups of coffee. Taeyong had let Sicheng study in the back room where everybody changed when needed, the guy had an exam the following day.

Mark grabbed his jacket from the back room careful to not make too much noise and disturb Sicheng and headed out. He placed a cup of caramel macchiato beside Sicheng with a very fancy eclair and retreated with pumping a fist in the air as good luck.

"Are you guys going to keep working?" Mark asked while he put on his jacket.

"Yeah Sicheng still has an hour before he can go and I'm here until five." Taeyong smiled. "I slept all day, don't worry about me."

"I wasn't worrying." Mark shrugged. "Good luck, and make sure to stay awake."

"Says the one who kept dosing off every five minutes, go home."

Mark nodded and went out the door to finally go get some sleep before school. One may think Mark doesn't have time for school but he always makes sure to do homework after school and study every day to keep his grades up. He can't afford slacking off and losing everything he's worked hard for these years in high school, he just has to endure a bit more.

Also, he wasn't Mark if he didn't sneak out a treat for himself. Well, he's been eating pastries the whole night, but now this one he deserves. He laughed to himself, opened the small box in his hands and took out a plastic spoon he had placed in his pocket before leaving.

"Boo!"

Mark jumped about five meters above the ground and held his beating heart with the hand holding the spoon. He turned around to find Donghyuck laughing his off and slapping his knee. "Jesus Christ, dude, you could've killed me."

"Don't be dramatic." Donghyuck said chuckling wiping away at his eyes. "What a coincidence seeing you here."

"Yeah, here, where you were dying last time, how are you?" Mark asked masking his joy with annoyance.

"Like Jisung said, we're not on diets anymore but still training like dogs."

Mark's curiosity irked and he just had to ask. "What is it that you do anyway? Why are you training so hard at this hour?"

Donghyuck hummed and turned his head away. "Not telling, it's none of your business."

Mark sighed disappointed and shook his head. He really wanted to go and sleep cause his eyes were stinging but his mind just kept telling him to talk a little longer. He wanted to keep talking to Donghyuck, his odd but pretty crush.

"You're staring."

"Sorry-"

"I don't mind."

"Oh." Mark said dumbly. "Uhm-"

"Do you wanna walk with me? I know it's late and you probably have school tomorrow but I'm bored and have too much energy-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter