Too Whipped Too Soon

I Don't Need Your Help Poopypants
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Business was slow and Mark wanted to fall asleep. Taeyong had gotten back home to sleep before he had to check in on his shift with Yuta. Taeyong's friends were all foreigners, which was cool but also... weird? Not bad weird because Mark himself was a foreigner as well. But because almost all of the staff here were foreigners.

The recent guy that was hired, Kun, is Chinese and does not know how to hold a conversation in Korean. Mark guesses his aunt liked foreigners a lot and so she gave them the jobs more easily. The only natives here were Taeyong and Doyoung.

Anyways he worked an early shift this Saturday so he could go catch a movie with his best friend Jaemin that night. They were going to watch power rangers. He was super excited when the trailers came out as power rangers was his all time favorite show when he was a kid.

"Are you gonna work morning shift again?" Mark asked muffling a yawn with his forearm.

"Are you crazy? I need my beauty sleep." Ten rolled his eyes. "I'm taking the nine am shift."

"So, morning shift, idiot." Mark rolled his eyes.

"I thought you meant the two am shift, toddler."

"That's early morning shift."

"The same thing, shut up I'm getting a headache."

It was understandable that Ten was particularly grumpy that day, he was working since 2am. Mark decided to make him a milkshake to brighten his mood. Walking to the kitchen, which he was banned from, he went to the fridge and got out chocolate ice cream and milk. A simple recipe that could potentially make Ten happy and not grumpy.

His chocolate milkshake didn't taste any different from chocolate ice cream with a bit of caramel but it tasted delicious nonetheless. He poured the sweet drink in a tall milkshake glass and topped it with whipped cream and a straw. He walked back to the front where Ten was almost falling asleep. "Here." He placed the sugary shake in front of his older friend.

Ten smiled lazily and sipped on it giving Mark a thumbs up. "You're an angel, thank you."

"You're welcome."

"What's up es?!" Yuta said as he entered the place like he owned it. "How're you in this fine beautiful da- whoa you look like death." He said with an ever so annoying smile on his face.

Ten scowled at him but ignored his remark. "You're lucky I haven't ratted you out for eating all the mango popsicles in work hours."

"Today you work with Sicheng, right?" Mark asked leaning over the counter to talk to Yuta.

Yuta was still not supposed to clock in but he liked to be extra early for reasons Mark doesn't know.

The older of the three nodded with a huge smile on his face. "The cutest employee I've ever been partnered with, guys he's adorable."

"Sounds like you have a crush." Mark laughed while Ten silently sipped on his shake. "Sicheng can't even speak Korean that well."

"I'll make it work."

"Doesn't Sicheng have a boyfriend?" Ten spoke up after Yuta started looking off into space day dreaming about things Mark doesn't want to know.

"He does?" Yuta asks dejected.

"Yeah the Qian Kun kid that was hired the other day." Ten replied, finally looking more awake.

Mark nodded. "Oh yeah, I think they're together too."

"Oh shucks, this is gonna be one sided then?"

"Probably."

 

After the slow part of the job came the multitude of people requesting food, shakes, pastries. It was just a lot of people with difficult orders and their new found energy drained quickly. Ten had to do miracles in the kitchen with Yuta, while Mark wrote down everything and helped with drinks and the easy stuff.

Soon enough they could leave, except for Yuta who sat down waiting for Sicheng to arrive. It was dark outside, with the street pole lights illuminating the roads and side walks. There were a lot of people walking up and down the roads and Mark knew tonight was gonna be a complete chaos in the bakery. Thankfully he doesn't work until Monday.

"Bye Ten hyung!"

"See you, Mark."

 

"I though you wouldn't come!" Jaemin's way of greeting him with a light punch to his shoulder. "Come on I already bought tickets, you owe me."

Mark let himself get dragged into the movie theater. Jaemin had already brought snacks in his bag so he wouldn't have to buy overpriced candy. Let's get one thingout of the way, why's cinema candy so expensive? Does it have freaking gold in it? Jaemin chose the seats in the middle because according to him those are the best.

The lights were still on and they were still illuminating the whole room. So the couples that only came to do other things will have to wait. Jaemin was getting impatient to get their snacks out, making Mark laugh. "Dude-"

"Poopypants hyung!!"

Mark looked towards the annoying, yet honey like voice with wide eyes. "Oh god."

Donghyuck was approaching with the kid who almost talked his ear off. So Donghyuck was the mean friend, not surprising.

"Do you know him?" Jaemin asked with a raised brow.

Mark nodded and before he could explain anything Donghyuck had already reached there and was currently smiling down at him. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Yeah..." Donghyuck looked so much better today, he looked bright and happy. His smile could challenge the bright lights in the cinema. "So, how are you?"

Donghyuck grinned. "I am fine! I sent Jisung to buy some burgers after we were done with practice."

"And your diet?"

Both boys groaned with sour looks on their faces. "We were finally let off, they said as long as we don't get fat we'll be fine." Jisung said with a small smile. "Let's sit here, hyung."

Donghyuck, of course sat besides Mark with Jisung on his other side.

"Since you're sitting here, this is Jaemin." Mark pointed at his best friend. "Jaemin, this is Donghyuck and Jisung."

"So you do have other friends other than me and Chan."

That made everyone laugh except for Mark. "Shut up, I have they guys at the bakery too." Mark complained wondering why the movie wasn't starting already. Also wondering why in the world was his palms so sweaty and why he was so antsy. Joking, he knew why. He had a small crush on the guy beside him, not Jaemin.... the tan beautiful one. Donghyuck.

Mark always hated this about himself, he's likes people way too fast even without knowing their personalities. He's too easy.

"Why do you call Mark hyung poopypants?" Jaemin asked with an intrigued smile on his face. And an annoying look in his eyes, that's how Mark knew Jaemin was aware of his small crush on the boy.

"Oh! He was wearing khakis when we met, they looked like poop." Donghyuck explained patting Mark's shoulder. "He helped me out that morning, I was about to pass out from hunger." Donghyuck added on, lips stretched into a soft beautiful smile, he didn't know the younger could look soft. He wants to cry at the perfection that is Donghyuck. "Thank you again, hyung."

"N-no problem!" Mark managed to squeak out at the physical contact. He was too into his own mind to even realize the younger didn't use his oh so clever nickname.

Jaemin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter