Revealed (4)

LIAR

A month later and everything started turning around for the newly wedded couple. More fights had occurred between Jamie and Taehyung. He had always been sneaking out at night to go drink and would appear back at home around 6am, which was the time Jamie had to get up to go to work. One night, a friend of hers texted her a picture of Minhyuk and other girls surrounding him at the club. She was so pissed at him for everything that he had done to her. She was sick of it. When she got pissed and angry, she would go to Jungkook and just cry in his arms, never telling him what had happened. Jungkook would just guess that it was Taehyung. Most of the days, Jamie would just sleep at Jungkook’s place and he would take care of her.

One day when she was going home she saw a girl at the front door of Jamie and Minhyuk’s house. This girl was holding an envelope. When the girl left, Jamie got a glimpse of her face and the girl looked awfully familiar. She went to the gate of the house and picked up the note. On it, it had said, ‘TO: TAEHYUNG-AH <3 FROM: IRENE’ 


Who's Taehyung? Maybe they got the wrong house. I'll ask Minhyuk later. That's what she thought. Jamie had went into the house and gotten ready for a night out with Jungkook. He wanted to take her somewhere and so she agreed to go. When she got out of the shower, she wore a short pastel blue hooded shirt with black ripped jeans. At that exact time, Minhyuk had just gotten home. Jamie went into the living room with the letter. 


“Minhyuk. There was this girl in front of our apartment earlier with this letter. It's from a girl named Irene and for a guy named Taehyung. Do you have any idea who his is for?” Immediately when Taehyung heard Irene’s name, without thinking, he grabbed it from Jamie's hand and opened it as fast as possible. Irene and him had gotten into a fight and he wanted to apologize to her but never had the chance to. Irene was Taehyung’s ex. He would go out and see her at night when Jamie was sleeping. They would usually meet at the club. Jamie stood there confused as she watched him open the letter and cry.

 “Why are you crying? Also, why are you opening the letter? It's not even your name written on it.” Jamie had so much questions on her mind. He had ignored her and went into his bedroom thinking about Irene. In the letter, she told him that her parents were making her move abroad for a year or two. He was really upset. 


While Taehyung went into the bedroom, Jamie noticed he dropped the letter. But, there was something inside. A picture. Of two people. She picked it up. The picture was of Minhyuk and Irene. What the hell is this? Why is that girl on this picture? And why is Minhyuk in it when the letter was sent to a Taehyung? Jamie thought. She picked up the letter and read it to herself. What the hell is this? 

Dear Taehyung or should I say Minhyuk, 
You know how much I love u and it breaks my heart to say this but…. my parents are making me move abroad for one or two years. I don't know where I'm going. I wish I could take you with me but if I did, my parents would kill me. I'm leaving tonight. I'm sorry. I'll always love you Taehyung-ah. Remember us. Remember me.

Love your precious, Irene <3


Minhyuk….Taehyung. I don't get this. She had then thought back to all the times they would get mail with the name Taehyung on it. She thought back to when she saw his drivers license and credit cards and even remembered the time when the members accidentally said Taehyung and corrected it to Minhyuk. She started to cry. In the process she ripped up the letter and crunched up the picture. Jamie suddenly remembers the girl in the pic and the front door. On the day they went to go ride bikes she had spotted this girl with Minhyuk for like 0.5 seconds before Jungkook kept biking his way through the road. The same girl was in the picture at the club with Minhyuk. Jamie was done with it. She ran out the door with the picture still crunched up in her hands and ran to Jungkook who was waiting for her patiently. 


When Jamie reached the outside of her house she saw Jungkook. She ran towards him bawling her eyes out. He immediately stood up hugging and holding her tightly. They stood there for minutes. Until she finally stopped crying. Jungkook held her hand and took her to a nearby park. When they reached their destination, Jamie and Jungkook quietly sat on the swings. Jungkook waited for Jamie to say something. 


“Jungkook. Did you know too? About Taehyung. About Irene. About everything, About all the lies.” She said quietly. He didn't respond for a few seconds not knowing what to say.


“I didn't know how to tell you. I didn't want you to get hurt. You were so happy and I would hate to see you get upset. The day of the wedding I was gonna tell you but seeing how happy you were made me happy as well. I'm so so sorry, Please don't hate me.” He said with regret. 


“So you knew.” She scoffed and quietly laughed at herself. She thought to herself. Why did I have to be so oblivious? Why am I so dumb? Everyone knew except me. What should I do?


Jamie looks at Jungkook who was looking down at his feet playing with his hands as he waits for her to say something else like, “Don't talk to me ever again.” But, she never said that.


“I love you Jungkookie. Thanks for not hurting me as much,” She then got off her swing and went to hug Jungkook. He was surprised but hugged her back. 


“Taehyung.. or whoever the hell you are. You're a big liar.”