Chapter 5

Halcyon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following chapters will be mostly memories. Yejin is dreaming.

 

After Mrs Kwon’s class, the trio decided to head to the library to do some discussion on how they’re going to do this assignment. Each pair were assigned different sections of the script. They had 3 days to prepare the first scene and a month to prepare the whole section.

 

“Hmm, how are we going to do this?” Yejin tilted her head in thought.

 

Areum looked up from the script, “Maybe we could first understand the script better?”

 

“Hmm, I guess we could? But do we have enough time to practice it?” Jaebum questioned.

 

“Ugh, why is theater soooo difficult?” Yejin turned into a blob in her chair.

 

Areum giggled, “But it’s interesting isn’t it? You get to be a whole different person, a change of personality.”

 

“You know, you should probably start helping instead of being a potato, you lazybum.” Jaebum rolled up the script and landed it on top of Yejin’s head.

 

“Ouch! You--!” As Yejin raised her voice slightly, she earned hushes and warning glares from those in the library. She smiled sheepishly and bowed in apology before shooting Jaebum her signature death stare.

 

Jaebum mouth the words ‘Oh, I’m so scared’ with his hands waving in front of him before shielding himself from Yejin when she raised her fist.

 

Areum could only look at the playful pair in confusion and in question. She glanced back and forth the both of them a few times before settling her gaze on a smiley Jaebum.

 

And just like everyone else on campus, she wondered, if there was something more between the two joking pair.

 

“Oh, I know! Let’s do a draw for the roles!” Yejin grinned with a excited, hushed tone.

“Yah, What fun would it be? There’s only three of us.” Jaebum rebutted.

Yejin leaned forward in his direction and asked sarcastically, “Do you have any other suggestions genius?”

As soon as Jaebum tried to come up with something, he fell short and admitted defeat by returning to the script.

Yejin smirked when he couldn’t make a comeback, “I thought so. Yejin 1, Jaebum 0.” She then proceeded to tear a piece of paper from her notebook into 3, while writing down the few roles that were in the script assigned. She then folded them up and shuffled them on the table.

She was grinned from ear to ear while glancing to Jaebum and Areum. “Ready? 1. 2. 3!” Both Jaebum and Yejin shot out to grab one first. Areum’s eyes widened and was taken aback by the sheer speed of their reflex.

The three of them peeked into the piece of paper that held their fate for the assignment.

“Put it out in the open in 3, 2, 1.” Jaebum counted down. Areum looked frantically clueless at what is happening, but she felt like it was the most fun she had in ages.

They laid open their slip of paper simultaneously on to the table.

“Guess there’s a new couple in town huh?” Yejin smiled at the two of them and wiggled her brows.

Jaebum just shrugged it off, Areum on the other hand, blushed really hard.

 

Phantom

Christine

The Persian

 

 

They passed the first scene review and they were preparing for the next review before break started. The next few weeks were hectic. The trio had to go back and forth their lines and juggle their other curriculum. They would stay till late or they would camp at one of their houses. They bonded even more by doing so. It was one of those days and they were crashing at Areum’s place. Let me tell you, her place was huge. Sure, she had that ‘rich girl’ aura, but there was never once where she flaunted it.

No matter how many times Yejin went over, she would still get lost in the corridors lined with doors just by trying to locate a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter