Chapter 8

Memory Lane: Maybe It's Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few months since that day. Chaeyoung and I don’t talk much anymore ever since she and Mina started dating, well except the occasional hi and bye as we pass by each other around the halls or in science class. I wasn’t hurting as much anymore. Now whenever I happen to see Chaeyoung and Mina getting all touchy feely around each other, I just get annoyed like I would to any other couple out there. I mean honestly, unless you’re the one doing it, no one enjoys PDA at all. Dahyun tried to introduce me to a bunch of different people for a while, like this kid named Jungkook who looked like he was good at literally everything. He was captain of half the sports teams and could sing and dance better than anyone at school. I told her he seemed too perfect, people like that usually have something they’re hiding from everybody to keep their perfect image intact. I wasn’t interested in any more drama, so I told Dahyun to stop trying to introduce me to people. I just wanted to enjoy the rest of the school year drama free. Little did I know that wasn’t going to happen. One day, I was in the library trying to get some studying done after school, when a girl came up to me.

“Hi Tzuyu!”

I looked up and this girl looked a little familiar, but I wasn’t quite sure from where.

“I’m so sorry, but do I know you from somewhere?”

“Oh you don’t remember me? I’m Sana, I actually dated your friend Dahyun back in freshman year haha.”

“Oh that’s right! I am so sorry, you dyed your hair, I didn’t realize you went from blonde to black.”

“Oh its fine, Dahyun and I dated like two years ago and it wasn’t for long I don’t expect you to remember.”

Oh. You’re probably thinking, “You never mentioned Dahyun dated anybody!” Well, the reason for that is because Dahyun goes through dates like she goes through aloe products. In case you don’t understand, that’s a lot. I hardly ever have a chance to remember one person’s name, because once I do she’s on to the next one. The only reason I remember Sana was because she was one of the very few people that actually broke up with Dahyun rather than the other way around. Turns out Sana was the same way, once she was done with Dahyun she ended up dating some other girl, I think her name was Eun…Eunbi? Eunha! It was Eunha. I think… Anyway, Dahyun was so mad that she got broken up with, she would punch my geometry book before class started to release some stress.

“So is there something that you needed? I’m in the middle of studying.”

“Actually, that’s what I came here to talk to you about. See, I’ve been really struggling in my algebra class lately, I heard from some of my friends that you got A’s on all the tests you took in algebra is that right?”

She wasn’t wrong, I was actually pretty good at math. I was smart enough to be a level ahead of my grade. Technically I should be taking algebra now, but instead I’m taking pre-calculus.

“Let me guess, you want me to tutor you?”

“Bingo! Do you think you could do that pleeeease? I’ll pay whatever you want.”

Pay? I wasn’t really interested in the money, my mom gave me a good amount of allowance. What really troubled me was if Dahyun would be ok with me tutoring a girl that she dated. Yet alone, someone that broke up with her.

“How soon do you need tutoring? I might need a while to think about it, if that’s ok?”

“Oh it’s fine! I have a test in a few weeks, so if you could decide before then?”

“Uh yeah ok, sure thing.”

“Oh! Here give me your phone!”

She reaches out and grabs my phone that I was using to research things on.

“Hey! Don’t just grab right after asking! That defeats the purpose of asking in the first place.”

“You were going to let me use it anyway, right?”

“Well it depended on what you needed it for.”

She hands me back my phone with a huge smile.

“Here, it’s my number. You can just text me when you figure out if you’ll tutor me or not.”

“Oh, ok sure thing.”

“Thank you so much! Bye Tzuyu!”

What a strange girl. I don’t know what Dahyun even saw in her. Oh right Dahyun. I pick up my phone and text her.

“Hey, you’ll never guess who just came up to me in the library.”

Bzz~

“Jungkook? No! WAS IT JENNIE! SHE IS SUCH A BABE, TZUYU I SWEAR IF IT WAS JENNIE I’M”

I don’t even bother reading the rest of her mess of a text.

“No it was neither of them calm down Dahyun, you could empty a la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter