One

Don't Leave Me

She was exhausted, tired from crying. It had been so long since she'd started pouring her tears. She sat with knees pressing her chest, arms wrapping around, rocking the body back and front. 

          She stood up, trudging towards the door; the front door. Gripping the knob, she twisted and pulled and stepped outside the apartment blankly. She didn't realize on what she'd thought, what she'd done but she continued allowing her body to do whatever it wanted to do. 

          "Hani-ah, where are you going?"

          "Hani?"

          "Hani, wait..." 

          Thump

          No more voices came into her ears. She ignored those calls. She dragged her legs to who know where. Did anyone care of her? No one.

          Sure she did admit that. But deep in her heart, she knew otherwise. She knew there is someone who cares about her. There is someone who has the puppy eyes, the big yet attractive nose, the plump red lips and the towering body that always gives her hugs, gives her warmth.

          Tears at the edge of her eyes, urging to wet the cheeks when she saw a man stood beside a wooden bench, smiling at her. A man that has,  had all of characteristics that haunting her smiled at her. She stunned to look at that sight.

          "Hani-ah, hurry! It's raining right now. Or do you want to let your clothes wet and your body shivers in cold? Hmm, you better follow me before others can see your y body. Hehe..."

          His voice was so loud although the sound of heavy rain was clouding it. His chuckle was annoying yet sweet. She wanted to hear more. She was craving for it. Steps by steps were taken to go near him. 

         She was panicked when there was no vision of him anymore. She hastened her steps, her eyes searched frantically for him. She sighed in relief when she saw him again. Before losing him again, she shortened their distance quickly. She shoved all people that blocking her way. 

         "Hey! You! Can you walk carefully?"

         "Hey! Don't be rude."

         "Ouch! That hurt. Who pushed me?"

         She didn't care if they gave her hatred stares. She didn't care if they badmouthed her behind. She didn't care if anybody had injured because of her. She only cared about her, about him. Him.

          She was just passing a corner when she saw him crossing the road. She looked up to the traffic lamp, green light just changed to red light. NOOO!!! If she wanted to be with him, she needed to cross the road. The road.

          Hani reached out her leg hesitantly onto the road. Slowly, slowly, slowly....NO! She must be faster, faster, and faster to not miss him again. From stepping to walking to dashing, she crossed the road without any awareness of the traffic, without letting her eyes went away from him.

          Honk Honk!!!

          SCREECHH......

          Loud commotions could be heard but she ignored them. She didn't need to care about them. She needed to focus on him! She couldn't lose her sight on him anymore, even the slightest. She rushed to him as he was slowly fading away.

          NOOOO!! Don't walk away too fast. I can't follow you. I can't reach you. I'll miss you. I'll lose you again. Again.

          She stopped. She put her hand on , trying to restrain herself from crying again. She didn't know where he is. Where he was. She stood still for a lag of time.

          Soon, she was into auto-pilot mode. Her right leg moved forward, followed by the left. The steps repeated, each one faster than before. Without realisation, she was standing in front of a door, inside an apartment. 

          She shivered in cold as her clothes were drenched by rain. She rubbed her palms on her arms and shoulders by instinct, hoping there was a towel wrapping around her. Dizziness started knocking her hard. She tried to hold it when suddenly the door had opened. She saw him inside. He was smiling lovely at her.

          "Hani?"

          Hearing his voice was enough to comfort her, to soothe her, to assure her. She smiled weakly to return back his alluring smile. 

          "Why are....."

          The dizziness attacked her really hard and she couldn't hold it anymore. Her sight blurred. She also felt numbness on both her legs. Just then she felt a hand caught her from knocking on the floor. The hand that she'd waited for so long. 

          She felt secure at the embrace yet felt strange. It felt different. Why? But she couldn't think anymore. She was drained. Although feeling strange, it's okay because she was with him. With him. She whispered his name before it turned black completely.