Two

Don't Leave Me

It was just a nice day for outing, friend outing to be precise. Hani went out with Hakyeon and Jaehwan for shopping. Initially, she only included Hakyeon into her plan but Jaehwan insisted of joining them, saying that he needed to protect her from Hakyeon's skinship. She was just laughing and allowing him to while Hakyeon grumbled.

         "Just admit already that you're jealous. No need to ditch me," he smirked while winked at Hani. She just shrugged him off while hid her face that became a ripe red tomato

         "Hey, I'm not jealous! Just it's true that you may touch my chingu."

         "What? I'm your hyung! How dare..."

         "Hurry up guys. It'll sunset soon if you continue your childish fight," Hani stepped in, tired of hearing their bickering.

         The main reason Hani and Hakyeon went out together because they wanted to buy present for Jaehwan's birthday in less than a week. She asked Hakyeon and he agreed. They even planned out to hold a suprise party for him. However, Jaehwan ruined everything. Hmph!

         They passed a café on the way to the shopping mall. She sniffed at the aroma of coffee that lingering at the pathway. 'Ahh, it's so scrumptious!' She her lips as if a cup of creamy latte was already in front of her, waiting to be flowed down the throat. Her cloud of imagination was vanished upon hearing a voice.

          "Hyung, let's have a sip."

          "No, we can't. We'll come back home late."

          "But hyung, look at her," Jaehwan pointed to Hani. She stared at him. 'Why?' "Not me who need it, but her." Hakyeon turned left and looked at her. She just smiled sheepishly, realising that Jaehwan had seen her practically drooling.

          Hakyeon sighed. "Okay, we'll take a break."

          They entered the café. She stared at the menu board to choose her drink. For sure she stared in a long time that made Jaehwan nudged her arm while the cashier let out a small fake cough.

          "Uhmm, miss? Which one do you want?" The cashier asked.

          "Oh, I'm sorry. I want..." Hani glanced around the menu again. "Give her a creamy latte." Jaehwan chose for her. She smiled in embarassment. Well, it couldn't help that she was gluttonous.

          "It's 7300 won."

          Hani slipped her hand into her slingbag when Hakyeon stopped her. "No need to. It's Jaehwan's treat." She looked at his face. He winked. 

          "Huh?"

          "Why 'huh'? It's your treat, right? I wanna black roast. Hani-ah, let's go~" Hakyeon dragged her to a table at the outside before Jaehwan whined. She looked back and laughed at his pout.

          "So..."

          Hani turned to look at Hakyeon. "Yes?"

          He shifted his sit for a more comfortable one. "So, what is the thing that we can get for him?"

          Ohhh! 'Now I see...'

          "Hmm, I think we should buy a shirt," she suggested.

          "I think it's too simple for a birthday gift," Hakyeon disagree. 

          "How about Chopper?"

          "It'll not be a special one," Hani arched her eyebrow, "since he has so many of them."

          "How about watch?"

          "Ring?"

          "Book?"

          "Flower?" Hani stared at Hakyeon in disbelief. "Why not?"

          "Don't you think it's too cheesy for a birthday gift?" Hani answered with another question while lifted her right eyebrow up. Hakyeon sighed and pushed his bang back.

          "But we don't have any better idea than this. We should decide before he..."

          "Before he what?"

          Both Hani and Hakyeon were utterly shocked by his presence. Jaehwan looked at them weirdly. "Why are you so shocked? Are you gossipping about me?"

          "No!" Hani exclaimed. "It's just..." she glanced at Hakyeon, didn't know what she should say.

          "Hani told me that she has suffered a distress recently and asked for my advice. That's all." Obviously, Hakyeon was also panicked by the sudden change in this situation but somehow he managed to cover it. He grinned at Jaehwan, hoping that he'll take his words.

          "Oh... okay. This is your drink, while this is yours," Jaehwan gave the latte to Hani and the black roast to Hakyeon. She took a sip and realized that there was no cup in front of Jaehwan.

          "Where's yours?"

          "I don't buy it. I'm not in the mood to have one," he replied.

          "Ouh... I don't know that we need mood to drink coffee." She sipped while waiting for his response. One second... five seconds... thirty seconds...

          Hani glanced at him upon receiving a silent treatment from him. Usually he'll respond and babble continuously since he is a chatter box. She saw him staring at his phone with his hands were gripping it hard. He seemed... flustered? Or worried? 

          Hani felt uneasy. She really wanted to ask him what had bothered him much. She really wanted to ease him from his worriness. However she chose otherwise, not want to be a busybody.

 

 

 

They continued their delayed walk. Hani thought about the best gift for Jaehwan. Hmm... what should she buy? She had no idea. Should she ask him? She shook her head, disagree. He could guess that they wanted to buy him a birthday gift and the suprise was no longer a suprise. 

          'How do you know? You don't try yet.'

          She shrugged. Alright, she would ask...

          "Are you okay?"

          Hani returned to the reality and saw a pair of big round dark brown orbs in front of her. She shrieked in shock and stumbled backward. Jaehwan chuckled.

          "Yah! Why you do that to me? Do you know that I get shocked easily?" Hani shouted at him angrily.

          "It's not my fault. I have stood in front of you for God know how long. It's just you who are daydreaming, pabo," he flicked her forehead.

          "Ouch! That's hurt!" He grinned.

          "That's a reminder for you not to daydreaming or you'll kiss the pole," he pointed to a pole that just about... a meter away?! Hani could feel her face reddened.

          "What are you thinking about, Hani?"

          "Err... " 'Should I tell him? Should I not?' She stared at his eyes blankly. 

          "It's just..."

          "Jaehwan-ah! Hani-ah! Hurry! We're already late." Hani looked in front while Jaehwan turned his head back to see Hakyeon had already crossed the road. 

          "Save your words for now. We need to hurry or else we get neck-chopped." Jaehwan grinned and left. Hani was still frozen. 'It's now or never.'

          "Hmm... Jaehwan?" He stopped.

          "Yes?"

          "Err..." Hani lost her words. "Ehem, what are you longing to get?" She stuttered.

          "Huh?"

          Hani sighed. 'Damn mouth! Can you speak properly?'

          "I mean... what are you expecting your birthday present to be?"

          Hani fixed her eyes at ground, not wanting to see his face. However, she rose her head when she got silence as answer. She stared at his expression. He looked... upset? No, that eyes. He was sad. But why?

          He kept silent for long that made Hani worried. She touched his arm. "No need to answer if it's disturbing." She just retracted her hand when he grabbed her wrist. She yelped.

          "Hwannie..."

          "I just want you to be okay," he mumbled.

          "Huh?"

          "I just want you to be safe and happy. Can you promise me?"

          Hani felt butterflies in her stomach. She was fluttered by his 'expectation' of his gift. "No need to worry. I'll be okay." She smiled, trying to reassure him by placing another hand on top of his.

          "Promise me," he tightened his grip.

          "I... I promise," she stuttered, was taken aback by his sudden change.

          "Yah! Jaehwan-ah! Hani-ah! Hakyeon shouted again with annoying face. She looked deep into his glassy eyes to see anxiety. Worries filled into her mind but she didn't know what to do. Instead, she loosened her grip slowly while said cheerfully - hopefully it was sounded like that - , "Let's go before a volcano spits out its lava." As soon as her hand freed, Hani ran away from the awkward moment.

          What had happened to him? When did he start behaving like that? Then, something hit her hard. This morning. When they were at the café, he was holding his phone and stared on the screen the entire time. Since then, he became gradually quiet. Why? 

          Hani looked up to see the green traffic light flicked. 'Oh no! I need to run or else I'll be with Jaehwan again.' She just didn't want to be with in an awkward moment anymore.

          She crossed the road without even looking back and saw Hakyeon's angry face. "Yah! Don't be so reckless, pabo!" Just then, his eyes drifted to her right and widened in a glimpse of eye. He looked at her in horror.

          "Hani, run!" He shouted. Not understanding with his sudden change, Hani turned her head to the right. She was dumfounded, petrified of seeing a moving vehicle. She shut her eyes, waiting for her upcoming fate. 

 



Thanks for waiting for the update! Actually I want to update last night but uri BIPS were spamming very hard on Twitter and effectively distract me XD

Btw, uri cutie main vocal, Ken's birthday is really in less than a week!! Don't forget our HeartsForKen Projects!! ;)

Thanks again for reading, upvoting, subscribing and commenting ^^ Hope you enjoy it