Four

Don't Leave Me

Hani broke into tears upon seeing a familiar face. The same face that she adores so much. The same face that she misses so much. And the most important thing, that face was no longer pale and covered by blood anymore.

          "Hi, Hani."

          Hani ran into his open arms and cried in his embrace. She was worried that he might not strong enough to wake up into the world again. If he failed to do so, she would beat herself up badly for sure. She curled in his arms.

          "I'm sorry, Jaehwan-ah."

          Jaehwan was taken aback by Hani's apology. He patted her back, trying to soothe the broken girl.

          "Hani? Why..."

          "It's all my fault!" Hani cut his words. "I'm sorry because I've put you in danger. I'm sorry because of me, you received the hit. I'm sorry because of me, you're in coma. I'm sorry because..." Hani hiccupped, "...you may die from the hit. It's all my fault!"

          Hani was crying harder as she finished her outburst. On the other hand, Jaehwan's eyes were teary. He felt guilty because he had turned her life miserable literally with his coma. Although Hakyeon had told him before, but he did not expect this strong, lovely woman became a broken, fragile one.

          Jaehwan tightened his embrace and rocked their bodies back and front. "It's okay, Hani-ah. At least, I'm survived, isn't it? It's all matter now," he coaxed her while carressing her arms.

          Sure Hani did not cry for a long time with the soothing touches and continuous reassurances from her longing man. Five minutes passed and she was quiet, treasuring the moment of closeness with him. She barely heard silent whispers above her.

          "Jaehwan-ah, do you want anything."

          "Not for now, thank you."

          "Okay, I'll leave both of you alone."

          Hani felt Jaehwan moved slightly, assuming that he was nodding and heard the door clicked. Hakyeon had really left them alone. She froze, did not know how to confront Jaehwan alone when Jaehwan shook her shoulders.

          "Still crying?" Hani shook.

          "Good because I don't want someone crying because of me, especially today." Hani looked up into Jaehwan's eyes, blinking at him in confusion. Jaehwan chuckled. "Well, I don't want my birthday is ruined with gloomy mood."

          Hani's eyes were round. She pushed herself apart from him and saw him grinning brightly, happy that he managed distracting her from mourning. She looked at a calendar on a bedstand. It was 6th April. She panicked.

          "Oh my God! I haven't buy you any birthday gift yet! What should I do?" Hani palmed her pants pocket and found nothing. "Oh no! I don't have any money now. How I want to buy one?" She was nearly leaping from the bed when suddenly she was pulled by the upper limbs.

          "Hwannie, let me go. I need to go now."

          "If I say no?" Hani glanced at him for a while, barely missed a smirk pasted on his face. 

          "You'll not receive any birthday gift from me."

          Jaehwan chuckled softly. "I've already received one. Heck, you actually give me two for this year."

          Hani was confused. She thought she did not buy anything for him yet? How could he has gotten them from her?

          "First, do you remember what did I tell  you when you asked me the gift that I wanted?" Hani nodded. 

          "Well, technically you've granted my wish."

          Hani replayed her memory on their outing and blushed upon knowing the 'present'.

         "And my second present is you yourself."

          Hani cocked her head. She really did not understand Jaehwan. Maybe he had a bad concussion and turned him into a little bit mysterious.

          "From this accident, I'm getting to know that there's a girl who's worried about me. There's a girl who cares about me. There's a girl who loves me earnestly without her realizes." Jaehwan stared into Hani's hazel orbs. "And that girl is you."

          Jaehwan smiled lovingly when he saw his 'present' was blushing madly in his lap. He knew Hani was embarassed upon hearing a fact that she herself did not acknowledge. He turned Hani's body to face him and palmed her cheeks.

          "I'm glad to know that you're really worried of me. And I want to do them to you too. I want to care about you. I want to worry about you. And the most important is..." Jaehwan carresed her cheeks, "I want to love you earnestly forever."

          By now, Hani had turned into a ripe red tomato as her whole face and her ears were reddened madly by his confession. She could not handle the embarassment anymore and hid her face into Jaehwan's hospital clothes. Jaehwan laughed and wrapped the small figure with his arms.

          With Hani was in his hug, his eyes were drifting onto a card on the stand. A birthday card actually. Jaehwan took the card carefully and read the handwriting silently.

My dongsaeng, Jyani...
          Glad to know that you manage to survive in that battle of yours. Well, I believe that you can do it. It's not that you are weak. Hehe  

          Btw, I'm sure you've realized that Hani has a crush to you by now. As a good hyung, I had taken care of her very well when you aren't here. Now, I give her back to you since babysitting her is such a tiring job. Just kidding ^^"

          Well, that's my gift to you; a healthy Hani. Do treasure 'it'!

Your lovely hyung, 
Hakyeonnie

          A silent chuckle emitted from Jaehwan's slightly-pink lips. He really needed to thank his hyung for his present later.

 



Today is KEN day!! Don't forget to wish him at twitter with the hashtag #HAPPYKENDAY ^^