Dodge

Barriers [Oikawa x Reader]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Problems could be avoided but does avoiding it makes it smaller? Sure, you dodged it but are you sure it won’t get back on you at some point?

______________________________________________________________________________

 

            4 months later

 

            You were back in school. It was all the same as usual, your skills and your attitude. The only thing that was different was your physique. As expected, you had surprised everyone. Boys started fawning over you even more, giving you the nickname “Goddess”: Beautiful and almost flawless but hard to reach. The compliments flooded for you that you don’t know how to react. You were flattered but awkward at the same time. How can they call you “Goddess” if you’re like this? Goddesses are supposed to be perfect. You just thought everyone was being over the top, especially your friend, Yumi.

 

            Futaba Yumi, she had blonde shoulder length hair: she was shorter than you and petite in size. She was your friend ever since you started college. You met her in one of you classes and she took interest in you since then. She chose to cling to you even if you were cold with her at times. She was the cheerful but oblivious kind of type. You kind of got used to her as time passed by.

 

            “Oh, our dear Goddess!”, Yumi greeted lowering down before you.

            “Oi, don’t do that.”, you immediately lifted Yumi’s arms and panned quick glances from side to side to see if anyone had seen what your friend just did.

            “As expected of our humble deity.”, she chuckled.

            “Ya, stop it!”, you nudged your playful friend. “Stop calling me Goddess. It doesn’t suit me and it’s kind of stupid.”

            The blonde abruptly slapped your arm. “Oi, don’t make fun of those who look up to you!”

            “I’m not someone they should look up to you know.”, you muttered. “Anyway, I have to go.”

            You walked pass by the blondie waving at her.

            “Oh, where are you going?”, Yumi halted you.

            “I’m going to watch the highschool’s volleyball semifinals.”

            “Oh, the one you call Tobio?”

            You gave Yumi a nod, “Yep, Kageyama Tobio is his name.”

            “Can I go watch with you?”

            It surprised you. It was the first time someone asked to go with you after Mori. If not with him, you’d always watched matches alone and you just got used to it.

            “Well, okay, if you want to.”

            “Of course, I want to! I’d like to see why you support that Tobio guy’s sport that much. Just like how you influenced me with K-pop!”, Yumi tapped your back. It’s true. You influenced Yumi with your K-pop obsession but not as much as how you were.

 

            “Tobio’s not the only one good though.”, you particularized. “So you’ll probably come to like the others too if you’d watch.”

            “Oh, nice.”, Yumi chortled. “Also, I’d like to accompany the Goddess at all times, be her loyal servant.”

            “Oi!”, you shot glares at the blonde girl.

            “Hai, hai, I’ll stop.”, Yumi put on a defensive stance over you and then lifted the papers she was holding. “We’ll go after I submit this paperwork to our professor.”

            You peeped through the paper she was holding and it was the assignment earlier, “You hadn’t submitted that?”

            “Uh.”, she fidgeted quickly hiding her paper behind her. “Yep, I just finished.”

            “Hmm, then hurry up.”, you gently pushed the blonde’s back. “You might be able to catch our professor in the faculty room.”

            “Hai!”, Yumi replied. “Just wait for me here, ___.”

            “Okay sure.”, you gestured her to just go already. “Hurry up or I’m gonna be later than usual.”

            The blonde short girl gave you a peeved look, “You’re always late.”

            “I said later than usual.”, you defended.

            “Ah, right. Okay.”, she beamed you a smile before turning on her heels to flee. “Wait for me, ___!”

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

            Spring Nationals Semifinals. Sendai City Gymnasium

 

            “Ike, ike, ike, ike, Seijoh!”

            “Ose, ose, ose, ose, Seijoh!”

            “It’s already starting.”, your friend exclaimed as the two of you looked for a good spot in the bleachers. “Seijoh is Aoba Johsai, right?”

            “Yep.”, you pointed out a seat to Yumi. “There, that’s a good spot.”

            “Whatever you please, dear Goddess.”, Yumi jested. You wanted to confront your friend but it wasn’t worth the effort.

            You lead the way towards the seat. The two of you sat down.

            “Whoa, which team are we supporting?”, Yumi turned to you with excitement in her eyes.

            “Karasuno, the black and orange team.”

            “Ah, hai. So they’re fighting with Seijoh.”

            “Yep. Last time, Karasuno lost to Seijoh.”, you let out a sigh.

            Yumi gazed at you, “Really? So this match is important to them then.”

            “Every match is.”, you spoke in serious tone. “Well, anyway, I’m sure Tobio trained hard along with his team and they’re not gonna lose this time.”

            “I’m sure whoever you’re supporting is great, ___.”, Yumi placed her hand on top of yours. You winced a bit because you’re not used to other people violating your personal space like this even if it has a good reason. You knew this was her kind gesture but tacky skin-ship with other people just takes you aback.

            “H-hai.”, you felt relieved when your friend finally took her hand away

 

             “Oh, but who’s that hottie?”, Yumi began to point someone in the court.

            “Hottie?”, you wanted to know who your friend was talking about. “Where?”

            “That tall brunette with messy hair.”, Yumi described further. “The one who’s preparing to serve now.”

            “Ahh… that.”, you lowered your shoulders on impulse, feeling slumped. She just had to notice that guy and be asked about his name. You didn’t like speaking of his name.

            Yumi, however, took note of your odd gestures, “You know him, ___?”

            “No, not really.”, you denied, giving her a glance. “But his name is… Oikawa.”

            The answer was given out to her so she might stop asking about the brunette setter anymore but your guess was wrong.

            “Ohh, but that’s too bad.”, Yumi pouted. “I thought you knew him.”

            “He’s so handsome! Have you seen him play before? Is he good?”, your friend was practically all over the guy because of his physique and you did not like it.

            “Ugh.”, the blonde’s remarks made you irritated. You didn’t want to acknowledge that the brunette was good in his plays. “Yes, he’s good.”

            “What’s with the grunt at first?”, Yumi raised a brow with her tone as if she was teasing you. “You seem to know him.”

            “No, I don’t.”, you didn’t want your friend to know about him. You tried to regain composure as you could and thought of what to say next to make Yumi unsuspicious of you. “He’s just Tobio’s rival and I hate him because of that.”

            “Ahh… I see.”, she nodded in agreement, easily believing your words.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter