Karma

Barriers [Oikawa x Reader]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            If you’re mean, you’ll get bad karma. If you’re kind, you’ll get good karma. So which will it be?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

            Finals. Shiratorizawa vs Karasuno.

 

            Bokeh, wake up already if you want to see the finals. – Tobio

 

            '! I woke up so late!’, It made you jump up from your bed when you knew of the time as you checked on Tobio’s text. The game was probably starting already. You hurriedly prepared your morning coffee, drinking it all in one go and headed off to the bathroom to get ready.

 

            By the time you arrived at the gym, you were already more than an hour late. Of course, being late is your specialty. The center court was filled with a bunch of people. It’s the finals, after all. You swiftly ran to the part of the bleachers where the crowd was dispersed so that you would not attract or bother a lot of people watching.

            You huffed from all the running as you finally found a seat beside someone who’s curled up tightly while watching the game. He was quite odd and covered way too much with his blue coat and glasses. Maybe he’s hiding or something.

            It was the 3rd set of the game, you missed two sets already. You needed to ask someone at least for information.

            “Oh, hi, ohayo!”, you greeted seeing the man’s side profile beside you who had brown hair. “I came in just now, if you don’t mind me asking who won the first two sets?”

            He looked too familiar, his relatively unfixed hair, his features. When he turned his face towards you, your face stiffened.

            ‘Seriously?’, your eyebrows twitched at the sight of the brunette setter. ‘Why must it be him?’

            Oikawa raised a brow at you as he recognized you, “Oh it's you, Ms. Tobio-chan fan.”

            ‘Why do I keep running into him?’, you asked yourself.

            “Uhm… Hi.”, you flashed a fake smile at him.

            “Konichiwa.”

            You pursed your lips as he seemed to have forgotten your question earlier, “So… I was asking.”

            “Oh, right.”, Oikawa wrapped his arms tightly on his knees. “Shiratorizawa won the first two sets.”

            “Ahh, that’s too bad.”

            “Hmp, I’d like for both of them to lose.”, he said as he buried half of his face in his arms.

            You stared at the boy’s weird actions. ‘Is he hiding? Is he not allowed to watch this game? Is he embarrassed?’

            Your lips curled into a smile. ‘If he’s embarrassed then…’

            You still haven’t forgotten what he did to you, of course. You still wanted to get back at him as much because last time, when you were being nice, he still acted like crap in front of you.

            “You wish.”, you made a snide remark. “Oh… and how did it feel to lose to Tobio the last time?”

            Oikawa was appalled by your question. He didn’t expect you to be snarky.

            “Awful, of course.”, he answered calmly with a stern face. “Hmm, but that’s just 1 win. We’re just tied. Tobio isn’t even to my level yet.”

            You rolled your eyes at the brunette and threw him back with sarcasm. “Sure, sure. You’re on a different level.”

            His brows furrowed as you kept on being unkind to him.

            “Hmm… How about you?”, he grinned. “You dodged the ball pretty well the last time eh, it's good that you're already using you’re putting your common sense and last reflex into good use, ___-chan.”

            You bit your lip at his remark. ‘Why you-‘

            “And you haven't changed... dragging and razzing other people down until they crumble under you and using it to your advantage.”, you spouted out such callous words to the brunette. You weren’t able to stop yourself. It might have been to mean to say.

            “Oh... How bold, ___-chan.”, he faced away from you. “But isn’t it you, who started this one?”

            “I guess.”, you nodded. “It’s fun to torment the tormentor anyway.”

            “Whoa, so aggressive really.”, Oikawa snickered. “I’m impressed to see how much you’ve changed ___-chan.”

            He glanced at you back with his face all smug, “But me? The tormentor? What made you say that?”

            “I don't know.”, you pursed your lips, averting your gaze from the boy. “I just noticed? Don't others see it?”

            He stared at your expression, waiting for something, for a slip perhaps, ‘Hmmm..? Maybe those who had played volleyball against me had but how dId you-?’

            Oikawa didn’t understand how you figured him out that fast. He didn’t take you for someone quick-witted. It pissed him off the you easily tell him on.

            “I guess they're all pretty dumb being fooled by your pretty face.”, you stated interrupting the boy’s thoughts.

            ‘I'm pretty dumb too before.’, you pouted at your recent decisions in life.

            “I actually think that too, ___-san.”, someone behind you with a husky voice spoke. “tykawa is really pathetic.”

            “Oh, konnichiwa!”, you greeted the spike-haired boy.

            Oikawa flinched at the arrival of his friend, “So mean, Iwa-chan! And why are you here?”

            “You said you weren’t going to come because it’d piss you off, no matter who won.”, Iwaizumi jumped to take the seat beside you.

            The brunette stretched and tried to act all cool. “No matter which side wins, I’m gonna be able to see the other team’s faces when they lose.”

            He placed his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

            “You really are a piece of crap.”

            “I don’t have time to sit around feeling sorry for myself.”

            It was a good thing that Iwaizumi came. Oikawa’s attention was turned towards his friend for the mean time. The two talked as the game continued and you didn’t actually understand all of what they’re saying. Some of it were jargons to you.

            Fortunately, the third and fourth set was won by Karasuno. You saw Tobio made errors in his toss. He was getting tired. You wanted to come to him if you could but that won’t be allowed. This was the first time you saw him this tired because it was his first 5 set game after all. In the fifth set, he was asked to sit out first so that he could rest. You crossed fingers hoping that he would get enough rest by the time he enters the court to play again.

            Just like the last game with Aoba Johsai, watching a game became hard for you. Everyone was doing their best and was determined to win but not everyone can win.   

            When Tobio got back into the match, he never really disappoints. He started off with a strong jump serve, making everyone think of whether he got worn out earlier or not. It was an intense game. Shiratorizawa was a long time champion and Karasuno’s a strong challenger that they have stumbled upon. In the end, the game has been in favor of Karasuno. They have beaten the long-time champions and the crowd was shook. Even you were teary-eyed but you can’t show it because you were beside an annoying person.

            “Damn it, why does that bastard Ushiwaka doesn’t look more upset?”, Oikawa slurred deterring your heart-warmed emotion.

            You eyebrows furrowed, “Well, maybe he’s that positive that he’d rather feel challenged than sulk at the loss. He’s not insecure like you, Grand King.”

            His eyes widened. ‘You really are a mean little brat!’

            “I-insecure?”, he lifted his face, smirking. “Who said I’m insecure? Stop making assumptions about me you little brat.”

            “Aren’t you?”, you eyed him indifferently. “And of Tobio too?”

            A realization abruptly came into you.

            ‘Right, now that I think of it. He’s trying to steal me as Tobio’s fan because he was insecure.’, your eyes widened at the thought. ‘Ahh, and you just realized it now, ___. Stupid.’

            That was Oikawa’s goal and he did everything to sway you but he failed obviously at his true goal. The problem is that you fell for him. Unbeknownst to him, he won at some point of the game and broke you. It’s a good thing that the brunette was clueless about your loss.

            “Oi, I’m not! I’m far better than Tobio-chan!”, the brunette boy whined with the same words he used to you before.

            You shrugged him off, “Yeah, yeah. You said that before already.”

            ‘Seriously, you’re pissing me off.’, he gritted his teeth and spoke in low tone. “I want to hit you if you weren’t just a girl.”

            “That’s just a lame excuse tykawa because you have already hit her before but with a ball.”, Iwaizumi commented.

            “Ah, right.”, you agreed to him. “How many times was that?”

            “Three? But that’s not on purpose!”, the brunette complained balling up his fist. “And that’s not the point. It’s not my fault that ___’s an idiot for not dodging the ball.”

            It was as if you and Iwaizumi were teaming up against the brunette setter  but it’s not.

            “Now, now, tykawa.”, Iwaizumi glanced at his crappy friend. “Don’t get so worked up by a girl’s honest opinion.”

            “Ha?!?! I’m not Iwa-chan!”, Oikawa mumbled. “Why are you even siding with her?”

            The brunette male placed his hand on his hips.

            “Who’s siding with who Crappykawa?”, Iwaizumi raised a brow.

            “Yeah.”, you added.

            “Uhh, anyway, ___-chan.”, Oikawa sighed and got back his cool. “You should get your facts straight first before making any assumptions about me.”

            “I’m sure I got it right.”, you remained unruly in front of the male.

            He gazed at you, “Ehh, I don’t think so, stupid.”

            “I’m not stupid.”, you smirked lifting your head.

            “Hai, hai,”, Oikawa gawked away from you.

            You did so too, as well and crossed your arms, “Anyone would know who’s the one that is stupid here.”

            The war was never ending for the two of you.

            “It’s ___-chan, right?”, the brunette turned to Iwaizumi. “Iwa-chan?”

            Iwaizumi had easily shut him down, “No, it’s Trashykawa.”

            “Iwa-chan!”, Oikawa grumbled. “Oi, do you like ___-chan that’s why you’re siding with her?”

            “Ha?!?”, Iwaizumi’s expression changed into a scary looking one. “We just have the same opinion about a certain trash, is that wrong?”

            It made Oikawa wince and surrender as soon. “Uhh. Fine Iwa-chan! Gomen!”

            You wanted to laugh but you’re too irritated at the boy.

            “Anyway, come on, let’s go home.”, the brunette stood and pulled Iwaizumi to stand from his seat. “I’d rather die than see the awards ceremony.”

            “You really are a crappy guy.”, Iwaizumi let himself be tugged by the brunette but remembered you, “But wait, how about you, ___-san?

            “She’ll probably greet Tobio and his team though.”, Oikawa stated.

            “Yep.”, you replied.

            “Oh, ja ne, ___-san.”, Iwaizumi waved at you and punched Oikawa lightly on his back signaling him to bid you too.

            “Ja ne, ___-chan.”

            “Let’s hope not.”, you sneered, still not stopping on putting a fight with the boy.

            Iwaizumi hastily got what you meant, “Ahh, that’s true. Who would want to encounter tykawa all the time?”

            You laughed at Iwaizumi stating what you were thinking.

            “Laugh all you want.”, Oikawa placed his and on his hips and pointed you. “You can’t avoid me, ___-chan.”

            Before he turned away his look at you, he gave you a wink that creeped you out and he stuck out his tongue.

   

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter