Bothered

Barriers [Oikawa x Reader]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            If you can’t beat what’s bothering you, get used to it. Maybe it’ll be bother you at times of danger too and it’ll turn into something good.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

          You took out your phone as it beeped signaling that someone messaged you. You already know who it was. You just need to check what it is he has to say now. It might be about the project or something.

 

            ___-chan, what are you doing? ^^  – Obnoxious Setter

 

          Just like his usual nothings that he does to bother you every second of the day. You let out a sigh and put your phone back in your pocket.

 

            “Aren’t you on your phone too much these days?”, Kenzo raised a brow as he caught your attention. He beamed a smile trying not to impose an argument with you. “Well, not that you’re the one initiating. Is someone bothering you?”

            “Uhm, I guess so.”, you paused but nodded in the end. “Yes.”

            It was true anyway. That obnoxious setter is bothering you like he always did.

            “Who? Can you show me your phone?”, it was a bit different side of Kenzo that you saw. Maybe he was jealous, like how boyfriends should be if some other guy is bothering his girlfriend.

            “Oh… Sure.”, you easily handed your phone to the boy.

            He soon browsed your messages that only had a few ones. The one named “Obnoxious Setter” was on the top of the list.

            “Is this the one bothering you? The “Obnoxious Setter”?”, he turned to you with questioning eyes.

            “Yep.”

            “Who’s this?”

            “You know, uhm… the one I'm tutoring…”, you still didn’t want the brunette’s name to come out of your own mouth. “That brunette setter.”,

            “Oh… You're tutoring Oikawa?”, there was a change in his tone, as if this caught his interest. “So he was the one you’re tutoring?”

            “Uh-huh…. But along with Yumi and his friend, Iwaizumi.”, you elaborated not to make Kenzo misunderstood and not lead him to get more jealous.

            “Oh… Okay.”, he nodded as soon as he heard what you said. “You two are close, aren’t you?”

            “What? With the brunette?”, your pitch involuntarily raised as Kenzo assumed something that is far from the truth, something that you wouldn’t make happen. “No, not really. He just likes to play around and bully me.”

            You muttered in defense.

            “Oh….”

            Kenzo paused for a bit as if he was contemplating. What is he thinking about?

 

            “Oh… I can’t have that.”, the dark haired male exclaimed as he came up with an idea. “My girlfriend is being bullied, I can’t have that. You want me to go to one of your study sessions? I could help you tutor them too and with the project.”

            You widened your eyes in surprise of his offer. It’s not like you disapprove of it and it’s not like Yumi and the other two athletes would disagree to this. If they would disagree, it wouldn’t matter. They shouldn’t have a say in this because he’s your boyfriend and you’re the group leader, and the one tutoring them after all. You’re the one to call the shots. Besides, your boyfriend said that he wants to help, who are you to reject a helping hand?

            “Hmm, okay.”, you gave him the permission along with a thumbs up. “I think that would be great.”

           

 

            ___

 

 

            “Oh, Kenzo, you came!”, Yumi greeted as you assisted your boyfriend in the front porch of Iwaizumi’s house where the study session will be held for today.

            “Hi, Yumi-san! I thought my ___ needed help in tutoring you guys and with the group project.”, Kenzo showed a polite smile.

            The brunette peered behind Yumi with crossed arms as if he didn’t want Kenzo to come. Iwaizumi followed behind the brunette with his brows furrowed.

            It’s the same mood again, the tension between the three. What are they mad at each other about?

            Anyway, you couldn’t bother to know. You just have to break this tension for your boyfriend to join the group at least.

            “Iwaizumi-kun!”, you caught the spike-haired male’s attention. “Is it okay if Kenzo comes in to help?”

            You turned to him with a smile and his eyebrows soon relaxed as he saw your subtle plea.

            Iwaizumi let out a sigh. “Yep, sure. He’s going to help, right?”

            “Hai.”, you exclaimed as you lead Kenzo inside the house with the house owner’s approval.

 

            ___

           

           

            A few minutes into the study session, Kenzo was of big help. He assisted you very well in teaching Yumi and Iwaizumi. You however ended up teaching that annoying one.

            “What is your boyfriend doing here?”, Oikawa whispered to you, giving you a shrewd look as he turned his gaze to your boyfriend who was teaching your friend on the other side of the table. “He's just bothering us.”

            You glanced up at the brunette, “We're the only ones working here so... I don't understand the "us" part you're talking about.”

            Oikawa immediately furrowed his eyebrows and pouted, “___-chan! I'm doing my best to help here!”

            “Yeah. Yeah.”, you averted your gaze from the boy and looked back at your notes.

            But Oikawa didn’t want to stop and continued muttering, “But seriously, why is he here?”

            You raised a brow at him, “‘Cause he’s my boyfriend?”

            “He wasn’t here in the past study sessions.”

            “Well, he said he wanted to help.”

            “I doubt that’s the only reason.”

            “Why?”, you tilted your head as you glanced up at Oikawa.

            “Nothing, ___-chan. You should do your homework.”, your eyebrows furrowed. The brunette was always like this. He’d start talking about something and then he’d stop talking about it when you ask about it.

            “What? Really now, you’re gonna do that to me.”, you placed your hand on your hips.

            “___-chan, be quiet and just do your work.”, Oikawa shushed you as if you were the one needed to be told off.

            ‘Ugh. Jerk.’, you planned to hit the boy this time at your annoyance. Just one slam in the head and you’re okay. You already got your hands ready and in mid-air ready to swing at the back of the brunette’s head but you got interrupted in doing so.

            “What’s going on here? Is this junior bothering my ___?”, Kenzo approached as he placed his arm on your shoulders.

            You’re quite embarrassed being called with possession in front of someone. Oikawa however tried to stifle a laugh as he heard the term of endearment.

            “No. Not really.”, you replied to your boyfriend as you placed your hands down, not continuing you’re the slap.

            “We’re just busy doing our homework, Kenzo-chan.”, The brunette was all smug pointing out his notes. “You can bother us later, after we finish.”

            Kenzo’s eyebrows twitched for a second at the boy’s remark until he let out a sigh and rubbed his temples, regaining composure. “Oh. Okay.”

            Kenzo smiled curtly and placed his hand on your shoulders. “I’ll just go over to Yumi and continue helping her with homework. Is that okay, my ___?”

            “Ah, hai.”, you shyly nodded signaling him to go ahead. “It’s okay.”

            “Let me know if you need something.”

            “Sure.”

 

            As Kenzo went ahead, you had some unfinished business with the obnoxious brunette.

            “Oi, who are you to make my boyfriend leave like that?”

            “What? But we’re busy, ___-chan.”, Oikawa was acting all snarky that you decided to scold him off for his attitude.

            “But you didn’t have to be that rude though, he’s a year higher than you… like me. You shouldn’t speak like that. And you shouldn’t speak for me. He’s my boyfriend.”

            Oikawa didn’t seem to be fazed by your words, “I know that, ___-chan. You think he doesn’t deserve people being rude to him?”

            “He doesn’t. He’s the nicest. Isn’t that obvious?”, you told him because that was what you knew.

            “___-chan, you answer that. You know him more now, don’t you? How long since you two have been dating again? 2 months? Is he really nice?”

            You paused for a second there. Why are you the one being fazed? It seems that the brunette knows something that you don’t. He’s making you doubt what you know because Oikawa seems too confident and straight forward with his words.

            “Y-yeah! E-everyone knows that.”, you barely tried to fight for the answer you knew.

            “Heh. Okay then, ___-chan.”, Oikawa raised an ‘okay’ sign to you along with his joyous grin. “If he’s nice then he’s nice. I’ll act nicer in front of your boyfriend.”

            You smirked still bothered by Oikawa’s words just a minute ago, “So what… you don’t think he’s nice?”

            “I didn’t say that.”, he raised a brow at you.

            “You practically did.”, you noticed the way he spoke too well abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter