Uexpected Visit

Red Light Agency

           “It’s one two pop, one two three pop, walk walk, turn,” A tall raven haired beauty instructed of her six dance students, “Let’s try it one more time from the top.”

             She watched with tired eyes walking between students and correcting their timing, their postures, and various other things. She had been teaching a variety of dances for two years and felt herself losing the passion she once had.

            “Good, good, let’s take five,” she clapped and the teenagers gave sighs of relief after working hard for hours.

             She pulled her hair up into a sloppy bun and threw a towel around her neck. Using it to pat her face dry she walked over to her bag and noticed a blinking light on her phone…a red blinking light.

            ‘It can’t be,’ she thought to herself before shoving it deeper into her bag.

            “Yeah she kind of thought you might do that,” a voice startled her and she turned quickly, “It’s been a while Song Qian.”

             “Park Sun-young,” Qian crossed her arms as she addressed the other woman.

             “Never imagined I’d find you popping and locking I thought traditional dance was more your style,” Sun-young fought back a smile.

             “Qian-umma, is everything alright?” one of the female students asked hesitantly.

              “Yes, Qian-unnie, is everything alright?” Sun-young mocked.

              “Class you all did very well today, please keep practicing,” she dismissed them with a wave and after slight hesitation they dispersed.

              “What are you doing here?” she sighed picking up her bag and slinging it over her shoulder.

              Sun-young held up her wrist displaying her watch phone that had the same blinking red light as Qian’s phone.

              “So it’s not a glitch then?” Qian walked to the stairs that lead to her studio apartment.

Sun-young followed as expected and watched the other woman move around tossing her bag in a corner.

               “I hope not,” Sun-young replied.

               “Look, I like what I’m doing and I’m too old to go back to that,” Qian let her hair down walking into the bathroom and running water for a shower.

               “Oh please, you hate what you’re doing,” Sun-young rolled her eyes and followed the taller woman into the bathroom watching her undress.

               “You never did have boundaries,” Qian grumbled stepping into the tub and closing the curtain.

               “I’m a ert what do you want?” Sun-young shrugged, “And don’t change the subject.”

               “I told you I’m retired,” Qian shut off the water and stepped out grabbing a towel and wrapping it around herself.

               “I guess we’ll have to train the new recruit ourselves,” Sun-young continued to follow her around.

               “What?” Qian questioned as she searched her closets.

               “Well Red Light anticipated your reluctance to come out of retirement and you know how they feel about Amber and I working alone together,” Sun-young flopped down on the older woman’s bed.

               “You need an Alpha,” Qian quickly dressed, “Someone to keep you under control.”

               “Well come back then, be our leader again, it’s in your blood,” Sun-young answered simply, “Or go back to what you’re doing, teaching kids how to do a simple step change over and over and over…”

               “Yah…alright alright,” Qian growled, “You’re so annoying.”

               “Yes!” Sun-young jumped off the bed and embraced the taller woman tightly.

               Qian tried to resist her smile, but the younger woman’s exuberance was proving infectious.

               “Of course since you were in retirement it means you have to go back to basic before we let you back into the fold,” Sun-young teased, “But look at the bright side, the new recruit will have to go through it with you.”

               Letting go of her friend Sun-young pressed a button on her watch and a familiar face popped up on the screen.

             “Jinri,” Qian smiled giving a small wave to the younger woman.

             “Qian!” she smiled brightly, “Are you coming back?”

             “I guess so,” she rolled her eyes, “Sun-young can be very persuasive.”

             “I’ll send a car for you two,” Typing could be heard in the background.

             “You’re such a nerd,” Sun-young made a face.

            “We all have our strengths, I can’t help yours isn’t brains,” Jinri stuck her tongue out.

             “You little…”

             “We’ll see you soon,” Qian cut off Sun-young’s retort as Jinri ended the call.

             “You always take her side,” Sun-young pouted.

             “She’s my baby what do you expect?” Qian ruffled her hair as they headed down to the street to meet the vehicle.

              “I guess I’d be your baby too if I was afraid of…” she smirked, “Basically everything.”

              “Don’t be mean, she’s right you all have your own strengths,” Qian threw an arm around her shoulder, “And for the record, all three of you are my babies.”

               A black SUV pulled up and whisked them away to a plain stone building. They walked inside and headed for a small entry room. The doors shut behind them and there was a small jolt as the entire room began to descend. The carefully disguised elevator took them far below the city streets and they exited into a large sterile complex.