Five

Longing for the Impossible

 

Chanyeol lets the door close behind him as he slips off his shoes. The hallway is barely illuminated by the kitchen light that he must’ve accidentally left on.

 

Last night Chanyeol had left Baekhyun alone in his room, he’d spent the night tossing and turning on the couch before going off to the club to grab a drink. Kris wasn’t there again, but he just decided to ignore that fact.

 

His feet pad against the floor as he steps into the living room and onto the plush carpet. The apartment is empty except for the light that he quickly switches off. At this time the apartment would usually be filled with the light from the rising sun, but today it is only darkness with the cloudy sky that is sure to bring storms. Chanyeol wonders what he’ll end up doing today or if Baekhyun will decide to share what had him so upset yesterday.

 

He takes a seat on the couch feeling bored and tired, but he knows it’s just an excuse to cover up his hunger. Over the past few days, he had discovered sleeping is the best way to cover up the little pulse of hunger that his entire being craved, but it never stopped it completely. Chanyeol was used to large meals that left several dead and his stomach full, hunger was something he almost never experienced, so now that he’s suddenly cut off his blood supply it’s become especially hard. He wonders how Kris does it, successfully never drinking blood and solely surviving off the foul drink. Thinking of Kris leads him to wonder where the other vampire had disappeared off to, the last time Kris had just up and left he had come back with a new lover that Chanyeol still hasn’t been introduced to. Other than that one time, Kris never left, he poured his heart into the vampire club and was always looking out for it, so something must seriously be wrong for him to disappear again.

 

Chanyeol is so immersed in his thoughts that he doesn’t register his bedroom door opening nor Baekhyun’s presence until the smaller’s hands place themselves on his shoulders. He jumps and twists around to see a very sleepy looking Baekhyun with a lazy smile stretching across his face.

 

“Hey Giant,” Baekhyun yawns and leans forward, pecking the tip of Chanyeol’s ear. Chanyeol feels heat rush to his cheeks at Baekhyun’s sudden affection and looks away smiling. When he looks back at the smaller he sees dark circles running under swollen eyes, telltale signs of crying. He carefully grabs one of Baekhyun’s hands and runs his thumb across the smooth skin on the back of his hand. He looks at Baekhyun’s eyes and just holds his stare for a long moment before speaking in a quiet voice as if to not scare him away.

 

“What’s wrong?” He feels Baekhyun tense up for a second and grows worried, but after a moment where the human seems to gain back his composure, he laughs.

 

“Nothing’s wrong...just a rough night.” Chanyeol watches as Baekhyun glances away, eyes landing on the window and showing off his impressive profile. The vampire can’t help but stare at the inhuman beauty Baekhyun possesses, and with his sleepy features Chanyeol can’t help but find it even more pretty because it means Baekhyun isn’t completely perfect, just like him. He knows the human is lying and he knows he should point it out, but Baekhyun turns and seems to study him for a long breath before exhaling. “Because you weren’t there.”

 

This time it’s Chanyeol’s turn to tense up because Baekhyun is really playing with him. The human has never been this straightforward with him before, it scares him, but he likes this new side of Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol bites back a smirk as he says, “I’m sorry babe,” It’s hard to focus on the fact that Baekhyun is clearly hiding something with the human so obviously flirting with him. The grin that spreads across the human’s face looks tight and fake, but the kiss he leaves on Chanyeol’s lips is a perfect distraction from it. Chanyeol happily relaxes against Baekhyun’s lips and brings a hand up to pull him in closer. Baekhyun slides over the back of the couch with Chanyeol’s help and lands in the vampires lap with their lips still attached, moving perfectly in sync with each other. All his worries disappear with the human’s sweet lips against his own, all he can focus on his gently pulling the cotton candy haired boy impossibly closer just to get another taste.

 

Baekhyun pulls his head back to catch his breath and raises his eyes to Chanyeol’s. They look so lonely and sad but filled with lust as the human dives back in, catching Chanyeol’s bottom lip between his.

 

There’s no way for the vampire to mask his surprise, but he quickly welcomes it. “How about we make up for the time I wasn’t there?” He asks in between kisses and feels the human nod into the kiss. Their lips never separate as Chanyeol carefully cradle Baekhyun to his chest before wandering into the bedroom where lost time is made up for.

 

--

 

Baekhyun falls asleep soon after, both exhausted but happy. Chanyeol’s keeps his eyes open long enough to pet the human’s head with a loving gaze before he succumbs to sleep too.

 

He wakes later with Baekhyun in his arms, the smaller’s pressed against his chest and his long arm wrapped around the human’s. Chanyeol nuzzles his head into Baekhyun’s neck before pulling him closer and closing his eyes. It’s been a long time since he’s felt like this, so carefree and happy. All his problems melt away with the human here, it’s perfect.

 

--

 

He wastes the day away with Baekhyun in bed, cuddling and doing other things that have him constantly high off the human. It’s only when the sky darkens and the lights are switched on does Chanyeol realize Baekhyun has yet to eat.

 

“Hey, let’s go out,” He wisely suggests and rolls over to face the human. Chanyeol watches Baekhyun’s eyes open and find his. He rests his head on his arm and grins down at the smaller, fangs popping out teasingly. “Switch things up a bit...instead of all the crap I’ve been feeding you.” He thinks of the club where they met, it may not have the best menu--since it’s mostly for vampires--but Chanyeol likes the idea of taking Baekhyun back. With all the things they’ve been doing in bed, he’s been able to block out most of the hunger, but another glass wouldn’t hurt, maybe they’d even run into Kris.

 

Baekhyun looks a little reluctant in the way he turns his head the opposite way. Chanyeol pouts and wiggles closer to get the human’s attention, when that doesn’t work he lightly tickles him until Baekhyun chokes out a laugh along with an “Oh alright!”

 

They hop out of bed, Chanyeol sliding back into a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. He watches as Baekhyun agonizingly slowly pulls on a pair of skinny jeans and one of Chanyeol’s smaller sweatshirts that is still way too big for the human. Baekhyun grabs his hand and lets the vampire lead the way to the club that’s not too far away. There’s a bite in the chill night air that has Chanyeol bumping into Baekhyun with each step and has the smaller ducking into the oversized sweatshirt.

 

When they arrive the club is just as busy as always, humans dancing freely with vampires hanging at the side and occasionally diving in to seduce them and pull them out. Chanyeol grimaces as he remembers how he used to be one of them that only lived to kill, he shakes his head and leads Baekhyun to an empty booth in a corner away from the dancefloor. The music is loud here, but it’s quieter compared to other places.

 

Chanyeol sits Baekhyun down across from him and scans the crowd, trying to see if Kris is here. There’s too many people for him to tell if Kris is here so he slowly turns back to Baekhyun. The cotton candy haired male is absently searching the crowd when he freezes up, at first Chanyeol just brushes it away, but Baekhyun’s eyes are stuck on something and won’t look away. He turns in his seat and flicks his eyes around before landing on a familiar person. Chanyeol squints, not quite believing that what he’s seeing is Kris. The other vampire looks absolutely rekted with gaunt and pale features that Chanyeol has never seen on him before. The longer he looks at Kris the more worried he becomes.

 

There’s a long moment where no one moves, the crowd swelling around Kris, but his eyes are still on Baekhyun and Baekhyun’s on his. Chanyeol looks back to Kris and sees the tall man parting through the surge of dancing people, he whips back around to Baekhyun and watches the human shrink in his seat. The next time Chanyeol looks at Kris he’s tentatively stopping in front of the table with eyes solely trained on Baekhyun.

 

“Baekhyun…” Kris says slowly with sorrowful eyes. Chanyeol glances back and forth between the two in confusion, how does Kris know Baekhyun...and what’s even going on?


heyyyy

long time no see, but im back!

this is really rushed n sudden n unedited n gross but here.....

no really a cliffie but kinda lmao whoops