One

Longing for the Impossible

 

Chanyeol sighed into his victim's neck, fangs still lodged into her skin as he swallowed the last bit of blood. He hadn’t meant to kill her, she had just looked so pretty resting beneath him, so pretty that he couldn’t resist nibbling her neck to get a taste. The sample had him craving more until he was gulping down every last drop of blood in her.

 

He pushed away from the still body, a little disappointed that he couldn’t have any more fun with her, he didn’t do dead bodies. Chanyeol wiped his chin, cleaning away the red liquid that was dribbling down. He hated how he had to rely on humans to give him a meal, but they always supplied him with some fun, something to do besides mess with Kris.

 

Chanyeol stood up and adjusted his clothes, buttoning up the few buttons that had come undone before wandering out of the room.

 

The pulsing bass became louder as Chanyeol left the room, knowing Kris would take care of whoever he left behind. His tall body flowed in time with the music as he danced back into the moving mass of bodies, searching for his next victim. Several hands lingered on him as he passed, but none of their scents were quite up to his liking, none quite as sweet as the girl before, or as attractive.

 

He always told himself he didn’t have a standard when it came to a bed partner, but Kris always seemed to prove him wrong. They had talked before the club opened, Kris pointing out Chanyeol’s clear preference for someone small and fragile, yet beautifully elegant while Chanyeol denied him over a glass of something sweet and alluring. He never questioned what Kris gave him, vampire bartenders always had a drink up their sleeve, he’d discovered. Human bartenders were nothing compared to them, seeing as humans couldn’t get ahold of the delicate scents and ingredients that went into every glass.

 

Yes, Chanyeol did feel full after feasting on the girl, but he wanted more -- perhaps a snack. He turned his head up and took a sniff, catching a few delectable scents that were sweet, but not enough. The dancing bodies around and the search for a snack were forgotten as Chanyeol made his way back over to the bar. He spotted Kris, amongst the other busy bartenders, resting against the bar with a glowing green drink in hand.

 

Chanyeol didn’t bother to greet the elder, instead snatching the untouched drink away and gulping it down. He almost immediately regretted it when he felt a sting at the back of his throat, along with the lingering taste that was incredibly sour.

 

“What the Hyung?!” Chanyeol gasped into a coughing fit. A deep rumble of laughter came from the elder as he took the glass back and downed the rest. Chanyeol watched in disbelief as Kris barely reacted, not a single muscle twitching from the effects of the drink.

 

“How can you even drink that ?” He blanched again, remembering the first time he had been foolish enough to try that stupid drink. It had been a night much like today, but with a younger Chanyeol who was terrified of the thought of drinking someone’s blood, so Kris had simply given him the drink that Chanyeol had barely swallowed before he was coughing it back up. Chanyeol couldn’t remember the name of the drink, but it basically made one not want to drink blood and temporarily numbed the gnawing hunger accompanied by blood withdrawal.

 

Kris was always drinking it lately, Chanyeol knew why, but it was so stupid, honestly. He was giving up blood for some human he’d fallen in love with, but how could he even give up the one thing that was keeping him alive?

 

“Did you eat already?” His attention was pulled back as Kris spoke around the glass, his voice slightly muffled.

 

“They’re in the back.” Chanyeol was careless about his hunger nowadays, he barely cared about the lives he was taking, unlike when he had first turned. Being a vampire had turned him into a cruel and reckless person, his old personality had quickly died after the first drop of blood he’d devoured all those years ago.

 

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Kris nod, but Chanyeol’s attention was suddenly snatched as a heavenly scent wafted in, it was unlike anything he had ever smelt before, almost too sweet. His eyes closed as he caught another breath of it before he was off, pushing past the grinding bodies in search of whoever owned this beautiful scent.

 

Vampires are a lot like dogs, Chanyeol found out. Each one had their own preference when it came to smells and tastes, and unlike his dark personality, Chanyeol was attracted to soft smells that had his mouth watering from the sugary scent. It was like a house enveloped by the smell of fresh baked cookies or taking a deep breath of vanilla extract: too hard to resist.

 

When his eyes finally spotted the owner Chanyeol had a hard time not immediately gobbling him up. It was a shorter guy with pastel pink hair that fluffed up like cotton candy and fell in front of his charcoal outlined eyes. If that wasn’t enough to have Chanyeol trapped in the man’s clutches then the black and white button down paired with the dark skinny jeans was.

 

This man was more than a snack, Chanyeol decided as he made his way over to the pastel man dancing on the edge of the dancefloor. His body was moving like liquid, flowing and rippling with a passion that was rare to come by. Chanyeol loved it.

 

His long limbs awkwardly fell into beat with the music as he shifted closer to the man who seemed to be lost in dancing. Chanyeol’s hand not so subtly brushed against the other’s hip, caressing it for a moment before continuing to move with the music. A smile fought its way across his face when the pink haired man tossed his head over his shoulder to give Chanyeol a careless smile. A grin broke out across his face as the shorter put a hand on his shoulder before swaying from side to side in time with the music, Chanyeol did the same with bright eyes as he heard the pink haired man laugh a pure melody.

 

“What’s your name?!” He shouted over the music, still following the shorter's moves. It was when the song finally ended did the shorter grabbed Chanyeol’s collar and pull him down with surprising strength.

 

“Baekhyun,” Baekhyun breathed, lips tickling Chanyeol’s ear as he pulled away.

 

“What a beautiful name for such a beautiful person,” He replied smoothly. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and cradled it in his own, loving how small it felt. The sweet smell that surrounded them had him intoxicated, Chanyeol imagined if he spent any more time with him then he would surely overdose.

 

“Let’s get out of here.” Baekhyun squeezed Chanyeol’s hand and tugged it towards him as he stepped back. Chanyeol didn’t hesitate to follow, he took long steps with Baekhyun trailing after him.

 

The bass that shook their bones left as they stepped out into cold night air, Chanyeol not even noticing as he hopped into the nearest taxi and gave directions to his apartment that was only a few minutes walk away, but he couldn’t wait.

 

Poor Baekhyun probably just thought this was a one night stand, but Chanyeol had a better idea.

 

Chanyeol had introduced himself with lips mumbling into Baekhyun’s neck and a hand rubbing along the shorter’s thigh. Baekhyun sighed every few seconds, surprisingly patient throughout the short ride. He bid the driver farewell with a wad of cash that was probably too much, but at this point all Chanyeol wanted was Baekhyun, so it was a price worth paying.

 

They scrambled into the elevator, Chanyeol barely hitting the right floor number before Baekhyun’s hot and feverish lips were attacking his. The patient Baekhyun from the taxi was gone as their lips crashed together over and over, faster and faster as if time were running out.

 

Chanyeol roughly pushed Baekhyun against the wall and ran his hands through the pastel hair as he shoved his tongue into Baekhyun’s mouth, devouring his sweet flavor. Their bodies pressed together as the elevator rose, buttons coming undone as groans left each other’s lips.

 

Too quickly the elevator doors opened, Baekhyun stepping out with whacked hair and a half ed shirt, Chanyeol looking the same as they raced down the hall, stumbling into his dark apartment.

 

When Chanyeol finally had Baekhyun pressed against his duvet, he slowed down their rushed kisses to slow but still passionate kisses, Baekhyun reluctantly following.

 

He slowly pulled away and looked into Baekhyun’s dark eyes. The scent was killing him, his fangs were threatening to appear and his fullness seemed to have disappeared. He wanted Baekhyun, he wanted him bad, but Chanyeol didn’t want to lose Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol, a questioning look appeared but disappeared when Chanyeol lowered his head to kiss Baekhyun’s pulse, fangs emerging. There was a gasp as Chanyeol pierced his skin and took a sip that led to another. He had never imagined blood that tasted this good. He needed to stop, but something in him wanted him to keep going -- to keep drinking. Baekhyun weakly tried to push Chanyeol off, but it was useless, only Chanyeol could stop himself.


Something in him shattered as he realized what he was doing. Chanyeol jumped back, blood dribbling down his chin. Baekhyun’s breathing was shallow, eyes closing as his head rolled to the side. A pang of horror had Chanyeol grabbing the smaller’s face, Baekhyun couldn’t die, this snack was too good to be eaten in one go.


not much to say but i think this could actually be a five shot

baekhyun looks like so

P4022as-bFKEvkbim_wARXWG3w5QqqjdSPWEHBZ9UwkxS5CuPeIcAfjpIme7os7JF3ae2_-ncx0JeYg8BjSequ-hYTTR5A68nEs9j4JfVAMo6mj4Gmt9iIwlFEZXmXGlOHAS-fKu

and the song baekyeol was dancing to is playboy lolol

thanks for reading and ill try to update soon

<3