Chapter 6

Daydreaming is not quite bad

The Mills family decided to stay in Korea for a month's time because of all the nagging their granny made everyday. The newly married couple was on their honeymoon tour. Kinty was just so jealous of her brother, but then, she was as well happy there, her dream place. On the next few weeks she went on exploring each and every corner in Seoul with Yuri, or sometimes with Jonghyun. 

Jonghyun and Kinty became so close to each other with each day passing. Since there was no comeback schedules or any tours for SHINee, all members were free and finally got a time to have a good rest. Jonghyun took Kinty to so many places and she really enjoyed it. She learnt a lot of things from him, specially about the korean history that she has always wanted to learn. Jonghyun almost became a tour gide with all the questions and things he answered everytime they visit some place. They had a great time together. But what she couldn't understood was, about what she enjoyed the most. The beautiful paradise of unknown places she has always dreamt to visit and the interesting stories she got to know, or.. the handsome guy who was with her all the time. Her heart raised whenever her eyes met with his. It kept raising as if it'll explode when he smiled at her. Little things about him became so famillier to her. His smile, his giggles, his cute reactions, his big shining puppy eyes, his perfume smell. Sometimes she missed them when she didn't get to see him for a day or two. But she would quickly snap out of her thoughts because she knew that she's not supposed feel that way. Not that feeling. She always thought.


One day when she woke up from a nap in the evening she saw a message from Jonghyun.

"Hey, I'm coming to get you at 5. Get ready, ok?"

She quickly typed a reply.

"Where are you taking me?"

She didn't had to wait much longer for a reply.

"Just do what I said you idiot"

What the hell. Why do I have to do everything you say? And how dare you call me an idiot when you're the ultimate idiot of all the idiots. She thought. 

"And don't make me wait. It's already 4.30"

She looked at the clock and saw that it really was. Without even thinking twice, she went to the bathroom as quickly as possible to get a shower.


"Kim Jonghyun-ssi. Who do you think I am for you to take me everywhere you tell, huh?"

Kinty asked once she got inside the car.

"You're Kinty Mills, right? Or are you someone else?"

"Ha ha very funny. Anyways, will you tell me where we're going now"

Jonghyun chuckled.

"Surprise is a surpise, Miss Kinty. I'm not Taemin to spoil the fun, you know"

"Yeah yeah. I know. I've been a fan of you for more than six years now. So I'm almost like a stalker now"

Both of them laughed at that.

The drive was peaceful and none of them talked much. But Kinty noticed that Jonghyun was nervous about something. He bit his lips too much than he usual did. She wondered why. Nothing came to her mind. She made a mental note to talk to him about it later. Maybe she could help him if anything was wrong.

It was around 6 when they finally arrived to their destination. They got out of the car and Kinty followed Jonghyun. Kinty understood that it was some place near Han river. There was a small bench so they went there and got seated.

"So..."

Kinty asked. She couldn't wait any longer for whatever the surprise it was.

"We came just on time. I thought we'll miss it"

"Miss what?"

"Look"

Jonghyun said while looking at the sky. Kinty looked ahead and she got the surprise of her life. The sunset. The most beautiful sunset she has ever seen. The sky was pinkish orange in color and the big round bright orange thing which was the sun, was going down while disappearing behind the clouds. The river below was like a mirror. The water sparkled from the light it recieved from above. Kinty wished that the small waves would carry the light towards her. Saying it's beautiful is surely an understatement. Kinty thought that she would never find enough words to describe it. At that moment, only one thing came out of .

"Wow.."

It didn't took much time for the whole event to end. But it wasn't sad. Kinty smiled at the sky. She has always loved it since she was a little kid. She would talk with the moon and the stars at night and wish for things to come true. She would tell them about her day, how good or bad it ended. It has always made her happy.

"Beautiful, wasn't it?"

Jonghyun brought Kinty back to the real world.

"It is. It's more than beautiful, Jonghyun. Thank you"

She smiled at him. It was all because of him that she got to witness that beauty. She felt so grateful towards Jonghyun for all the time he spent with her and how much he made her happy.

"You know what?"

Jonghyun said so suddenly.

"What is it?"

"I used to come here with noona and eomma when I was small. Even now I come when I get a free time. I've always wanted to take my girlfriend here"

"Oh.." 

Kinty said. Then she understood.

"WHAT???!!!"

She spoke so loudly that Jonghyun almost jumped up from the brench. 

"Oh my god. Don't be so loud, Kinty"

"WHAT DID YOU JUST NOW SAY??"

She was freaking out from inside that she thought she can't even control herself properly. God what the hell is happening? 

Before she could tell anything more Jonghyun leaned towards her and kissed her on the lips. He held her from her shoulders so that she won't get away. 

"This can't be real. It's not supposed to be real. These things can only happen in fanfics and probably not in the real world. What the is going on right now???"

Her mind was certainly on fire. She kept telling herself that it's not real. She wished she was in a dream. But even so, if it really was a dream it would be painful when she wakes up and realize that they were all lies. She felt so small and scared. She just wanted to run away, from everything and everyone, because what was happening was all wrong. It shouldn't be real. He shouldn't be like that. She shouldn't be like that. Inside her mind, it was a whole mess.

She quickly pulled herself away somehow. Her eyes had already filled up with tears and one by one they fell down.

"Hey hey, sweetie. Don't cry. Please.. I'm sorry if I did something wrong.."

She heard those words like whispers because she was certainly not in her right mind. Just how can it be real?

"It can't be real, Jonghyun. This is all wrong. This shouldn't happen, right? You and me, we shouldn't be like this. Just tell me this is a dream and please don't wake me up from it. I just don't want to lose all the happy memories I made with you. I'm so scared right now.."

She sobbed like anything just like a small kid.

"Hey it's real sweetie. I kissed you. And.. and, I like you, Kinty. I love you. I really do. It's not a dream. It's all real-"

"Stop it Jonghyun. Please. We shouldn't do this. You deserve someone much better than me. I'm just a normal girl who you met only few weeks ago. And I won't even stay in this country for more than a week. This is wrong. Can't you understand, it's all wrong, Jonghyun!!"

She nearly lost herself from sobbing and overthinking about everything.

But Jonghyun understood and was ready to face anything. He leaned closer and embraced her tightly. But her crying only increased. He felt so horrible.

"Do you love me?"

He spoke softly. Kinty felt a little bit light when she heard it. When she heard it that closely and sincerely from the most rightful person.

"I do, Jonghyun. I always did. And I always will. But I also do know that if I come to your life, it'll ruin your career and everything you built throughout these years of hard work. And probably your life too. I don't want to let that happen. I love you so much that I can let you go.., because things will only turn bad. I don't deserve you, Jonghyun.. I really don't.."

She kept on talking so unconciously without having any idea what's coming out of . Jonghyun knew it. And at that moment he was happy. He was happy that she had the same feelings like him. He was glad to find the rightful owner of his heart atlast. He felt so great. He hugged her much more closely.

"Shh.. shh.. Kinty. I only wanted to know if you loved me too. And you know, I'm so happy right now. It's after a very long time I felt this much happy and it's all because of you, Kinty. I love you so much. I really really really do"

Her sobbing started to fade away. But he didn't let go of her. He held her until she completely stopped crying.

"Wow. I never thought I would find an even more better cry baby than me. Don't you see? We're definitely meant for each other, Kinty"

"Shut up"

She finally laughed in between her sniffs. She was in her normal senses and after a long long while she felt so happy. Wow. I've really become a character from a fanfic. What should name it? She thought and laughed more.

Jonghyun was relieved to see her smile again after going through all the horrible things. Then he suddenly remembered something.

"I almost forgot it. Kinty, can you close your eyes for a minute darling?"

"Why? What now?"

She asked, again so surprisingly. All the things that happened that day were surprises, so she was more than ready for another one. She closed her eyes. It took some minutes and atlast she felt something around her neck.

"Ok. Open your eyes now"

She opened them.

"Surprise!!!"

Jonghyun clapped so loudly like a cheerful young boy. Kinty touched her neck and found something. A necklace. A silver necklace with a cute little star and a half moon attached to it. It was getting dark, so the necklace glisened to the moon's light. She became speechless. It was beautiful. Everything was beautiful right at that moment, so she only wished the time would stop. He's so much precious. She thought while looking at the cute happy puppy with his smily face infront of her.

"Want to know what these two things means?"

Jonghyun asked while touching the little star and moon.

"What do they tell?"

He held her small hand and looked at her eyes.

"This moon is me and you're the star. You can't see the actual beauty of the moon without the bright shining stars at night, right? Like that, from now on, Jonghyun won't be Jonghyun without Kinty by his side. Kinty will forever be Jonghyun's, right?"

Oh my god he's just so adorable. How can someone be this much cute??!!! I so badly want to pinch those cheeks and kiss on his lips right now. Kinty thought while giggling.

"Of course!! Kinty is yours. Forever.."

They smiled at each other.

It became even more darker. But thankfully a small street lamp and the moon above lighted the area.

"Want to go home now?"

Jonghyun asked.

"Hm.. if it's fine, can we stay here for some time?"

"Sure"

Kinty leaned closer to Jonghyun and placed her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his hand around her. Kinty closed her eyes and opened it again, just to make sure that it wasn't a dream. Yes, it was real. She was enjoying the beauty of the night with the person she loved so much. She just couldn't ask for anything more.

"I will miss you so much.."

She said, suddenly remembering that she can't really hold the time and that she has to leave after a week's time.

"Me too.. But look at this necklace whenever you miss me. It'll be fine, ok?"

She smiled at his kind and loving words. She had never thought that his poetic ideas and emotions will be this much lovely.

"But then, what about you? I didn't give you anything.."

She felt so stupid. Just how many gifts she recieved from him. But she has never given a single thing to him, except for the aweful gift that is her brother to his beautiful sister.

"You've got some time left. Think about something. I'm sure I'll like it. I'll love anything you'll give me"

He was smiling while telling all this. She looked above at his new boyfriend who was so stunningly hadsome, but even with all that, he was so humble and kind. He could have carried so much of pride in his head because, hey.., it's Kim Jonghyun we're talking about. The main vocalist of a most popular boy group, a soloist who writes and composes his own music. A talented young man who'll succeed in anything if he wants to. But yet, he was there with her, like just another lovely boyfriend and it was just what Kinty wanted. Someone who'll love her wholeheartedly more than she loves herself. Someone who'll love even her flaws. Someone who'll understand her well. She realized that she would be able to build a better relationship with him. And right at that moment, there was only one thing in her mind. The three most beautiful words in the world.

"I love you"

She thought.

"I love you too"

She heard him whisper as if he had read her mind. She smiled again. She shut her mind for sometime and looked above. The night sky with him as the moon and her as a little star.