Chapter 3

Daydreaming is not quite bad

Kinty opened the lid and found herself in tears. All the SHINee albums and photocards and everything that would make her cry for the whole day.... Without even knowing, her eyes filled with tears, but she burried them inside without letting Jonghyun see them.

"I thought you'll like them. It's a small present from me for my new friend. You like it?"

Without a second thought she went to Jonghyun and hugged him tightly. She didn't even knew that she did that. But the thought of that she recieved such a huge surprise gift, that she had never thought of having, made her emotional. Jonghyun was astonished and felt his face turning red because of what Kinty did and was confused about what to do. He just stood there like a stone. Then he heard Kinty sobbing.

"Hey, are you crying? Kinty?"

"Yeah. How can I not? Thank you, Jonghyun. Thank you, thank you THANK YOU SOOO MUCH"

She finally came to her right mind and knowing what kind of a awkward position they were in, quickly pulled herself away. 

"Um... I'm sorry..."

Jonghyun laughed at the way she quickly apologized after doing such a rather weird, but cute thing. It was because he himself liked to express how happy he feels through hugs. 

"Thank you so much, Jonghyun. I don't have enough words to say how much happy I am right now. I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in this world. Thank you, thank you so much"

"Of course you're indeed the luckiest person. Who'll ever get all those albums for free anyways?"

Jonghyun helped her with the box and went inside the house. Then he left her with his mom since he had practices all day. 

"So...., Kinty, Sodam has told me a lot about you. So, how's Korea?"

"It's so good here. I love it"

"By the way, your brother told me once that you're a good cook. I was going to make something delicious for you. Can you help me with it?"

"Oh... okay. I'll help you"

"That horrible brother of mine has told so many lies about me to everyone. I'm not good at cooking!!! I only know how to make some small and quickly made things. How can I possibly be much of a help to her now?"

She thought.

But....., it went well. Kinty was lucky that Sodam's mother only made a simple meal. She helped her as she could, even if they were some cutting, pealing and washing work. In the end, they sat around the kitchen table and went on with their happy meal.

"It's so nice to meet you, dear. You're just so charming, just like your brother"

Kinty blushed at what she heard. She knew that she didn't do much, but anyways she was happy.

They spent a great day together. Sodam's mother took Kinty to various amazing places and they enjoyed a lot. It was almost dinner time and Kinty had to go home. She said goodbye to Sodam's mother and walked home. Their houses situated much closer to each other and as she was then famillar with the place, she insisted on going alone. 

As soon as she got home, she quickly opened the big box Jonghyun gave and was again in tears when she went through all the albums and things. She didn't had all the albums with her at home, so she was extremely thankful for Jonghyun. Then, she noticed some kind of a folded note and opened to see what it was. It said "Let's be friends" in English. She was so happy to see that and fell into her little dreamland again.

"What happened to me?"

She thought to herself still with smiles on her face. 


"I'm going to see SHINee today????!!!!"

Kinty couldn't believe her ears, again. She thought that she was having hearing problems because of all the things that happened for the last few days. 

"Yeah. Don't you want to?"

"Don't want? Seriously?? Why should I not?? It's my biggest dream in my whole life. From the very moment I wake up in the morning to the moment I close my eyes at night, I dreamt of meeting them, just to say 'Thank you'. That's the only thing that I want to tell. And.."

She kept saying and was stopped by Jonghyun with a glaring look.

"Wait. Meeting THEM?? You've met one of them by now. And the hottest of them"

"No you're not the hottest. You can't top my Jinki"

"My Jinki???!!! When did he became YOURS??"

Jonghyun suddenly laughed at Kinty's words. But Kinty wasn't pleased and Jonghyun noticed her sad face. 

"Okay. Okay. Let's SAY that he's yours"


They were finally there where the boys do thier practices. Kinty started getting nervous when they arrived near the practice room.

"You look like you're going to die at any minute"

Jonghyun again made his silly jokes and was greeted with another glare from the overexcited Kinty.

"Stop it now. You're making it worse"

Then they went inside the roon and were greeted by four smiling angels. Jonghyun intoduced Kinty to the rest of the members and explained how he met that crazy girl. All five of them laughed when Jonghyun told how he first saw Kinty at the hotel and Kinty's face turned red with embarassement.

"Nice to meet you, Kinty. So..., since you're already Jonghyun's friend, I hope we all can get along. Right?"

Jinki said with the brighest smile that Kinty had ever seen in her whole life. Her mind was empty and felt like words won't come out of . She was totally melted with Jinki's angelic voice, that she was dying everyday to hear and now since she heard it that much closely she felt like she's in the heaven.

"Wow. I never thought that it would be this much soothing. He's definetely an angel from the heaven. I knew it"

She didn't knew that her eyes were still on Jinki.

"Kinty? Are you okay?"

Jonghyun asked with a wide grin since he knew that Kinty must have gone to another world by that time. She came to the real world and heard the giggles from the five men. She again blushed.

"Um... yeah. Yeah, I hope so too"

Kinty had the best day of her whole life. She watched them practice the most complicated dance steps, but couldn't do any of those moves when they told her to try out with them. She ate pizza with them that Jonghyun ordered. She heard them singing with their most beautiful voices in which she had been waiting to hear for the longest time. They told her many stories about what they did recently and she also related some of hers. Their practice room was filled with all noisy laughters. She was happy all the time. Well, how can she not??

Then it was finally the time to leave. They all gave her small gifts. Minho and Kibum gave two hand bands they had. Taemin gave his only left bottle of banana milk for the day. Jinki gifted a cute looking fountain pen that he said he bought when he went outside to get some snacks.

Then she had to say goodbye to them.

"I hope we'll see you again, Kinty. It was really really nice to meet you"

Minho said.

"We can meet at Sodam's wedding in a few days"

Kinty said with a smile and said goodbye and left with Jonghyun.