Chapter 4

Daydreaming is not quite bad

"Kinty, can I take you somewhere? It's near our house, so it won't take long"

"Oh. Yeah, sure"

Jonghyun drove the car to his house. When they arrived, he brought Kinty to a small room near to the house. He took a small key and opened its door. It was quite dark inside and Kinty knew that no one had been their for months or so. Then Jonghyun went inside and switched on the light.

"Welcome to my old practice room"

Jonghyun said with a huge smile on his small face. 

"Wow. Is this really where you practice?"

It had two or three chairs with a small round wooden table. But all the furniture were not much in good condition. And there was a small organ with papers all over it. And on one of the walls, there was a small hanging board to be seen with photographs. 

"It used to be. But I took everything I need inside my room, so I didn't came here for a while. Wow. It looks nasty here"

He laughed looking at the mess in front of his eyes. 

Kinty went near the hanging board to take a look. 

"Is these your photos?"

"Yeah"

"You look so cute. And is this your sister? You both look alike during that time too"

"I used to here that a lot when I was younger"

"There he goes. Bragging about himself"

Kinty thought.

"But not now"

"Not now????!!! Are you in your right mind??!! You're not cute??!! Then who's really cute in this world?? You're the cuttest petite puppy in this world!!"

Well... Kinty didn't say that. Obviously she can't. She hid all those words inside her mind, but she was burning with anger from thinking that the one in front of her thinks that he's not cute.

"He's mad. Or he must be embarassed to tell. Yeah, it might be. What mad man would like to be called 'cute' around someone he knows. But still..."

Kinty had a long thought that she didn't even notice that Jonghyun was calling her.

"Are you ok, Kinty?"

"Oh.. yeah. So... is that organ still working?"

"Um... I don't know. Let's see"

He went and took all the papers on the organ and switched on it.

"It's not working. I guess I used it too much"

He chuckled.

They had a long chat in that messy room, but none of them felt bad. Kinty completely forgot how she was acting around him before, and she was so much comfortable. She didn't feel like she was talking with Jonghyun, one of the five people she loved the most in the world. 

"It must have been hard for you all these years. Is it?"

"It's not like that, but..."

Jonghyun suddenly stopped in the middle of the sentence. Kinty felt that she asked the wrong thing.

"... it's just that, what if I feel regretful and sad at the end"

Kinty noticed how broken the singer sitting before her seemed to be. But she never thought that someone like him would say that. Regrets? Does he mean regretting his debut with the others as SHINee? She was full of questions.

"What do you mean you'll regret?"

He just kept his head down.

"What will it be like if we have to break apart in the future? What if I won't be happy anymore? What if we won't see each other for a long time?"

Both fell into a complete silence. Kinty was surprised from what Jonghyun said. Break up? She had never thought of that before. She never wanted to think about that because she knew that day won't come. But, after hearing Jonghyun's painful words, she couldn't help it, but to believe that truth. They won't be living together or perform together or be the funniest dorks every where they go, till the end of their lives. But....

"I know that you all won't be able to be together forever, Jonghyun. But, for us, you'll still be the shinning SHINee forever. We believe that you five will make music for a very long time and during that time, we won't leave you. We would never dissapoint you"

"I know that. I know that we still have so many fans for us who like our music. But, what about the five of us? Will we be able to go on together and see each other as long as we can?"

Jonghyun is an emotional person, but Kinty didn't thought that he would be thinking this much about the future. She for herself felt so broken down. What if it really is the truth? 

Kinty couldn't stand how sad Jonghyun seemed. She took his small hand and tightened with hers of full of love.

"It won't be like that, Jonghyun. I'm sure about that. And I'm sure that it's not just you, who's thinking like this. They all must be feeling that way. You've been together for almost 10 years, Jonghyun and 10 years is not a short time. You've helped each other, cared for each other and you all know about each other alot. You're a family and family members won't forget others with time. They'll stay with you for a long long time"

He didn't look up to answer or to question. He felt somewhat happy about Kinty's comforting words. Even if she doesn't know much about how they've been all this time, all she said was the truth. He knew it.

"Thanks.."

It was all Jonghyun said while looking up at Kinty. Although the time they've spent together was so short, she has been a very good friend to Jonghyun like they've known each other for a long time. That day he found comfort in her words. He didn't tell that to her. And he didn't tell that he sees happiness and love in her eyes. He'll keep them as secrets until one day.
 

 

About this chapter, I'm sorry if it happened to be a bit sensitive of a topic. I wrote this months ago, so I didn't knew how to make any changes in it, and I wanted to complete the story as soon as possible.