An Unfamiliar Guest

Long Lost Love

 

The next week passes in bliss; you spend time with Jeongmin and get to know him better than you thought possible. You find yourself growing attached to him; missing him even when he walks out of a room. You know that it can’t be healthy, especially with looming fact that he will eventually have to return home. You don’t want your time together to end more than anything else in the world.

You wake up the next Saturday after a long week of school, housework, and cuddling with Jeongmin. It had been one of the most tiring weeks of your life and yet, at the same time, one of the greatest. And now that it was finally the weekend, you could spend time with the boy you loved.

The sun shines brightly though the window and you mumble something incoherent as you roll over. Jeongmin laces his arms around your waist and burrows his nose in your hair as he shifts in sleep. You had finally given up on enforcing the couch rule and let him crawl into bed with you at night. You had to admit, you loved being snuggled up in the warmth of his embrace.

You sit up halfway but remain trapped by his arm. “Jeongmin…” You shake him gently but he doesn’t stir. You lean down close to his ear. “Jeongminnie!” You murmur his name softly and plant a kiss on his cheek. His eyes flutter open and he smiles. He grabs you before you can lean back and kisses you on the lips this time. You smile into the kiss and he finally lets you up after a moment.

“You were awake the whole time, weren’t you?” He sits up and stretches with a yawn. He tilts his head to the side and winks at you before flopping back onto the pillow. “Maybe.” You sigh and flop next to him. He traces your cheekbones lightly with his fingertip before kissing you once on the nose.

Jeongmin slides out of the bed and grabs his clothes, heading for the door. “Hey, where are you going?” You voice holds disappointment. “Don’t worry,” he chuckles lightly, “I’m just going to shower.” You pout. “Okay, well hurry back.”

You slide out of the bed as well and stumble down the staircase, shuffling towards the kitchen with a mammoth yawn. You start to fix some eggs for the two of you and set out two plates. After a few minutes, Jeongmin hops down the stairs and takes a seat across from you. “Smells delicious,” he says, giving you a grin. You return it. “It’d better; I slaved over these eggs for you.” He laughs as you serve him some of the food and put an equal amount of your plate.

You eat in comfortable silence until the sound of knocking interrupts your meal. Jeongmin stands quickly, wiping his mouth with a napkin. “I’ll get it,” he says. You watch him walk towards the door and pull it open. From your seat, you can see his expression go from welcoming to dark. “What are you doing here?” He practically snarls the words and you flinch at his harsh tone.

You stand and slowly step towards the door. “Jeongmin, who is it?” He doesn’t turn to face you, just shakes his head. You step behind him and peer out from around his arm. An unfamiliar pretty girl stands on your front step. You’re taken back by her beauty and your eyes widen. She’s tall and thin, with long dark hair that falls almost to her waist and wide dark eyes. Her rosebud lips curl up into a smile as she waves once. She seems unfazed by Jeongmin’s harsh tone. “I’m Hyora,” The girl says. “Jeongmin’s fiancée.”