Closer

Long Lost Love

 

“Woah woah woah, what are you saying? You’re not sleeping here!” Jeongmin’s face falls at your words and he pouts, his lip quivering. “Why not?” You stare at him and he gives you his huge puppy eyes. “Well, because, uh, because I don’t know you at all, that’s why.” He laughs and bounds around the table, slinging his arms around you. You squeal in surprise. “Of course you know me! I’m your Jeongmin and I’m here to protect you.” There’s something odd about the way he says “your Jeongmin”. You try to back away but he has you pinned.

He matches your eyes with his sweet, sad puppy ones and gives you that pout again. “Pleeeeeeeeeease can I stay?” You glance around, looking at anything but his eyes. But you cave anyway. “I-I guess. But you’re sleeping on the couch!” He squeezes you even tighter. “Kasahamnida _____-ah! I love you so much! We’ll get even closer! You can call me oppa!” He dances around the kitchen before planting a kiss on your cheek with a soft smack. You freeze but he doesn’t notice, just continues dancing into the other room. You run your fingertips over the spot where his lips had just touched and shake your head incredulously. Did he just say he loved you? This boy was something else.

You stand and place your dishes in the sink before following after Jeongmin. “Where are you going?” He flops down on the couch and pats beside him. “Sit with me.” He bats his eyelashes at you and gives you those irresistible puppy eyes. You sigh and sit down on the couch but keep your distance. You weren’t quite sure what to make of Jeongmin yet, and you weren’t too eager to get super close to him already. He scoots closer to you and wraps his arms around you, smiling into your hair. You squirm in his grasp but he just squeezes tighter.

“What are you doing?” You ask, irritation lining your words. He grins. “I love you, remember? We’re going to be together forever!” You grimace and keep struggling in his arms. What was this boy made of, steel?

“How can you love me? You don’t even know me.” He frowns and pulls you onto his lap. You feel yourself blush but you still can’t manage to squirm away. This kid sure does love skinship. “Of course I know you.” He nuzzles his face against your arm and you shiver involuntarily. You don’t like the control he has over you; it makes you feel helpless.

“Your name is _____. You love kimchi and the color green. You had a dog when you were younger named Pabo. Your birthday is May 22nd. Your parents died when you were seven and you’ve lived with your grandmother for nine years until she just recently passed away.” You gape at him, slight fear making your blood bubble. “How could you possibly know that? I’ve never met you before.”

He gives you a mischievous grin. “But I’ve met you. That’s what really matters.” You blush and he suddenly rolls over, trapping you between the couch and his body. You let out a squeak and he cuddles you close, tucking your head beneath his chin.

“Um…Jeongmin? What are you doing?” Your voice is muffled in his shirt. You’re still sort of uncomfortable being in the arms of what seemed to be a complete stranger (though he seemed to know a lot more than your average stranger), but you can’t deny the fact that you have butterflies in your stomach. His hands drift slowly up and down your back.

“I’m sleepy. Let’s take a nap.” You frown. “Jeongmin it’s the afternoon.” He shakes his head and yawns before squeezing you tighter; keeping still until his breaths become steady. You’re trapped in his arms and you’re not sure what to do. You finally surrender to sleep.

You wake up again a few hours later, still cocooned in Jeongmin’s embrace. You squirm and finally manage to slip out of his grasp. You crouch on the floor beside the couch and furrow your eyebrows and watch him as he continues sleeping. There’s something so peaceful about the way his eyelashes flutter, his breath ghosting across your skin, his lips puckering slighty-

No. Jeongmin is a complete stranger! You just met him, how could you possibly be starting to like him? You shake your head and study his handsome features. There was something so strange about him, the way he acted as if you were something precious, saying he loved you and knowing all those little things about you. Sure you were a little bothered, but you were more curious about how he learned all about you and who the people who told him these things were than fearful of him.

And to be honest, it was nice to finally be loved by someone again. 

_______

thank you so much for all of the lovely comments guys! ppyong ^^