Comfort

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                 There was a hand my hair from my eye, it felt so familiar.  I laid there struggling to place it, waiting for the fog in my brain to clear.  Then it hit me, WINGS!  My baby has wings?  I jolted up, eyes popping open. I don’t remember lying on the couch, why am I here?  I turned to face the person whose lap my head had previously been occupying.

                There was mostly concern etched on his features.  I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.  How could this be? Reaching a hand out, I poked his cheek to test if he was actually there.  My eyes couldn’t help but travel down to the new appendages that I was not used to associating with him.  Yup, they were wings, white and slightly iridescent.  They were folded partly behind him.  I reached out to touch, but then stopped myself.  Looking back up to his face words finally came to me.  “Daesung-ah, why are...  no.... how are you here?  I don’t understand.”

                I found myself suddenly enveloped in his arms, wings wrapped around us as well.  I felt a kiss placed on the side of my head before he finally spoke.

                “If I had let you succeed, if you had killed yourself, I wouldn’t be able to stand it.  I would become a sad protagonist in this world and I would hurt in place of you.  I’ll become your wings, I believe in you, please believe in me, because everything will pass.”

                I allowed myself to be comforted by his words.  Even if th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter