Rules?

Second Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          “Love is what triggers a guardian to be able to show themselves to their charge. I didn’t realize that it worked even if the person is not a charge. That’s why we are not supposed to watch our family, but I just found that out yesterday.” I held him close to me as I explained more, I didn’t want to let go. “I wasn’t told why I couldn’t see you. Just that it wasn’t good for you. I couldn’t just do nothing while you got worse though, so here I am breaking all the rules.”

          I pondered that as we held each other. I wasn’t allowed to be here, yet saving Youngbae had gained me my wings. They sprouted from my back when I stopped him from drinking that darned drink he made. Just thinking of it caused my new wings to rustle and quiver. I got up and poured the melted concoction down the drain as my Jagiya watched.

          “Saving you earned me my wings, rules or not, I’m not leaving you again. It hurts us both to be away from each other.” I hugged Youngbae tightly again, it felt so good to have him in my arms. I’m not sure what will happen now, but I won’t allow them to separate us again. Death did it once. That was enough. I felt his arms wrapped around me still as I pulled back from our embrace to look down into his eyes.

          "I want to kiss you, Jagi,” Bae murmured as he looked back up at me. “Please, it’s been months, even if it’s just once. Will you let me?”

          How could I deny his request, when I wanted the same?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter