That First Night When the Snow Falls

Crossing the Line (GFRIEND shots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        At 18, She found her heart beating for somebody.

 

        Everything is on the move. Even the smallest things on Earth – atoms, are in motion. It is like the Earth that doesn’t stop on rotating and revolving around the Sun. Really; everything keeps going and changing. That goes with us too, humans. They move, grow up and change.

 

        They said at that certain age, you’ll have a new perspective on the world around you. You’ll be able to observe the changes occurring in it, and would understand more of it, as you - yourself, changes. They said, it will be the time that you’re maturing, shedding off the childish 'cute' traits you have, either physically or emotionally. It’s like the ‘in-between’ phase wherein you’re both a teenager and at the same time an adult.

 

        A lot of them also said that there would come a time in which you’ll just find yourself falling for someone, just like they did. You’ll just find yourself loving that one, either be it the right person or the wrong one. You’ll just realize that you did, and it’s that person.

 

        젓 사랑.

 

        First Love.

 

        The word, itself, is holding a lot of meaning in it, pulling out strings of your heart, creating resurgence of emotions. Emotions that are products of what has happened and maybe, of what did not happen. It can be happiness, excitement and even bitterness, regrets and perhaps the feeling of longing, as they tried to reminisce and go back to the time that has already passed.

 

        Yes, that so called “First Love”.

 

        There would be times that some deny it with the best as they can. It’s just like a reflex, a normal reaction, for finding their own selves being in love. Especially, if the person is someone they shouldn’t have fallen into, someone they did not expect. It may be sudden or it’s just they didn’t noticed it blossoming, and probably they just chose to ignore it at first. Perhaps, thinking that it is just something that passes, something made out of curiosity, or, at this age, it is just the hormones acting.

 

        Jung Yerin was one of those people.Just like how they did, she tried the best that she can. She tried ignoring it. She tried acting like she doesn’t care. She tried turning around, turning her heart on the opposite direction. She pushed her to go on dates and even, she, herself went too. But, all of it end in vain, because she just fell too deep - too deep for her that she cant be able to pull and go back anymore. Instead of losing the feelings, she got the opposite. All of those things she did just made her realize that it’s not just a simple thing. It’s not just a ‘nothing’ that she should be ignoring anymore.

 

 

         It is absolutely something serious.

 

 

        She knows, she might just get hurt by letting it happen, by letting her heart continue to beat just for her. She’s even bestfriends with that person she had fallen with. And that special relationship, that bond they had, is something she wouldn’t dare to risk. In the first place, it's wrong to fall for her own bestfriend. -- That is what she thought. But, what can she do if her heart and mind unite and tell her to go for it? What can she do if her body and all its bodily systems and it's organs that comprise it work as if it's for the other girl. What can she do if even she, herself, is not wholly prepared to give up her feelings for that one person.

 

        Though, she has a lot of reasons to give up. She only needs one reason for her to stay...And she has it.

 

       The reason? She loves her.

 

        That ‘her’ is that ‘Hwang Eun Bi’ that everyone knows, either in their school, in their town and even in their neighboring town – the Hwang Eunbi. She’s the type of person who is so blessed. She’s beautiful, she’s chic, she’s cool, she’s smart… Actually, name anything good and she has it. She can literally do everything.

 

        But, some said, she isn’t that perfect. Well, no one is perfect, anyways. But for some people, that Hwang Eunbi is a spoiled brat and an arrogant person. They said she’s too cold for them, that some even viewed her as an ice princess, that is, for those people who doesn’t really know her. And, in worst case scenarios , which in our rough world really happens, those people just claim to know her, when in reality, they doesn’t even know anything about her.

 

        Nevertheless, that Eunbi, is Yerin’s bestfriend and childhood friend. And she knows her better than those people. 

 

        Jung Yerin, is not a nobody and not just a ‘someone’ too. She’s pretty famous herself. She’s friendly with a lot of people and her smile, according to the talks of the other people, would be enough to light their entire town. That may be a hyperbole, but, that can pretty much describe her. She’s literally a living sunshine – A person with a bubbly character and an optimistic mind. She’s the kind of person who loves people and would be willing to help anyone in need. She is such a good kid that her schoolmates even see her as an angel, even the parents of her schoolmates. Honestly, with just those traits alone, she earned the trust of her schoolmates and earned the spot for the Student Council’s President. But, people, didn’t know something about this ‘good kid’ they sometimes see as an ‘Angel’. Because, this bubbly angel has a secret.

 

        It is a secret, which even she, herself, is confused. She is confused in the manner that sometimes, she wants to tell the others about it and let them pass the message on, but a part of her doesn’t.

 

        Her secret? She’s in love with her bestfriend. That’s simple, you say? Yes, you’re right. But what makes it complicated are the closed minds of the people in this messed up society and the fact that she is in love with ‘her’ – her bestfriend. 

 

 

        Yes. You got it right.

 

 

         Hwang Eun Bi is Yerin’s first love.

 

 

        It’s already two years since she knew about this. At first, she doesn’t know if it’s j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter