You are one of us!

Fallen Gokusen

Last two weeks things went on as always. The only thing that had changed was that all 7 of them became closer. They also got used to Yankumi. Mae although she still had her self-centered act and spoke her mind off. She had changed her point of view. Neither, the team of 6, neither Yankumi or even class 3D were on her blacklist anymore. She somehow could trust them.

Kamiya, found himself frustrated the previous week. When he got beaten up by an Ara High bully in front of his girlfriend. Having issues with facing his mother probably. Mae always told him that he was wrong. They both had a fight. Kamiya picked another fight with a bunch of punks again, making everyone worried. But Yankumi taught him an important lesson about strength. Kamiya finally understood what Mae, his mother, and Yankumi were trying to teach him. His bond with Mae got stronger.

Ami, Kuma's wife, gave birth to a girl at the end of the previous week. Everyone was facing new emotions. The arrival of a new babe reached all 7 hearts. Only a few months left before graduation, Yankumi strove to reunite everyone and restore 3D's friendship.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

The morning had risen again, and Mae was on her way to Akado High as she pumped against an old schoolmate. Fuji Eri, an old rival of Mae's. Although back then Eri could never touch the top as long as Mae was around. Since the new school year (that Mae wasn't anymore at their school) she managed to become number one. Eri was taller than Mae, she was around 5'3 (without heels). Her slender neck, her amazing body line always draw the guys' attention. Always acting cute and sweet, with her kind, though fake persona of hers.

Mae knew exactly what Eri was. The sweet words and the cute act never fooled her. Mae never needed to bother herself with Eri. After all, being the top, meant you didn't have to face anyone of them. Plus, Mae back then didn't bother with those fake friends. Maybe they talked, but they had not built any bonds.

Mae remembered, who Eri was '! Seeing Fuji Eri in the morning..' she thought and tried to hide her face while by-passing her. But Eri recognized her. She knew Mae's face since middle school. Eri grabbed Mae's hand preventing her from leaving.

"Mae... Mae Hitori?" Fuji asked surprised " We heard your changed school?" She asked as she noticed Mae's short hair and boyish school outfit. "Wait why are you wearing a boys uniform?" Eri yelled confused.

Mae, placed her hand on Fuji's mouth muffing her and dragged her to the next alley. "Hush!" she demanded. She explained in a few words why she was hiding in Akado Academy. She pleased... almost begged Eri not to say anything to anyone. Thankfully, Eri agreed with Mae. But that Mae was attending an all-boy school, sounded somehow fun for Eri.

"Don't worry Hitori, I will not reveal your secret!" she promised at Mae. And that was the truth. Eri wouldn't say to anyone about Mae. ( Although she had other plans. Not telling on her is another thing, but causing trouble for Mae was another.)

Mae had reached school and walked inside not speaking to anyone as she was thinking about Eri. Only seeing Eri meant bad news. She sighed and took a seat as the boys were talking about girls. The guys tilted their heads to see Mae like that.

Ren walked over and pushed her "Good morning, Mae-san!" he .

Mae, that was still spacing out, took a few seconds to talk. "Oh! Guys Good morning!" she replied.

Kuraki and the rest waved at her "Morning! What are you thinking?" they asked.

Ogata watching Mae since she entered the class, (knowing that there was something surely bothering her) "Mae is drooling over a girl"

Mae turned and glare at him, but their talk was cut off as the door opened and a cute girl walked in. It seemed that Eri followed Mae. She really wanted to see her class. 'A bunch of losers' Eri thought. But the 6 guys around Mae somehow seemed different. Seeing that Mae was talking with them, it meant for Eri troubles should start from there. Mae walked over and stood before Mae. All 6 and the whole class jaw dropped. Mae remain speechless "I see trouble!" she mumbled.

"Mae-chan! here you are" Eri called with a sweet voice making the rest of the class faint.

"You know Mae!" Kuraki jumped up trying to get Eri's attention "I am Kuraki Satoru" he introduced himself. And the others followed. Only Ogata didn't say anything just kept watching. Although That girl seemed so cute and sweet. Nothing like the fearless Mae.

"Nice to meet you all! I am Fuji Eri! Hitori and I were in the same school. I only found out he is in this school today. I had to come and see him. We were so close friends. Right, Mae?" Eri explained.

Mae that seemed still bothered by Eri nodded her head. "Yes I know Eri since middle school!" she agreed that she knew Eri, but never said that they were friends.

"So you two are friends?" Ren asked making sure that they were friends.

"Yes, we are!" Eri yelled and took a seat next to Mae.

The class started with everyone, being silent and on their seats. Yankumi was really surprised. But when she saw Eri, she understood, why the boys were acting like that. After Eri explained to Yankumi who she was, Yamaguchi let her stay. After all, she made class 3D to behave. During class, Mae couldn't avoid asking Eri.

"Why are you here?" she whispered at her. "Oh! Letting you have all the fun! Don't worry, I will not say anything! I am just here to have some fun!" Eri revealed. "That's why I am worried!" Mae told her. Ren and Ogata watching both talking it seemed as Mae didn't like Eri. But they couldn't see why. She was sweet, cute, and so Kind. (Bloody boys sometimes cannot read girls' feelings at all!)

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

The class was finally over, and the team of 7 and Eri, agreed to go to Karaoke. Mae didn't like the idea of being close to Eri. She would skip it. But letting Eri with the boys alone somehow didn't seem right. Eri was surrounded by all four, as they kept asking her "If she had a boyfriend?" If she was in love?" and stuff like that. As Mae, Ogata, and Kazama were following them.

"Mae we never knew... you had such a cute friend?" Ren with a smile "But I should guess that Mae should have some cute girls as friends after all."

"Indeed we never thought of it!" Ogata agreed with him nodding his head.

Mae that seemed still puzzled only said "Whatever!" making both turned and face her.

"Mae is a bit off today! Seeing her friend!" Ren again.

"And seeing how cute Eri-chan is made Mae jealous! Right?" Ogata picked on her only to make Mae more pissed.

"You guys really can be fooled so easy?" she mumbled.

"Fooled .. who we .. why... we are just having a good time. Its Mae-chan that is fully charged and ready to explode." Ren went on teasing her.

"Indeed, being the only girl around made her low her guard. And now Eri reminds her that there are cuter and prettier girls out there!" Ogata mocked her making her more furious.

Mae jumped at him ready to attacked Ogata "Bring it on! what to do you want to fight me!" she fired up like Yankumi as Ren tried to calmed her off.

"That's exactly what I mean!" Ogata said "A sweet and cute girl, Like Eri, would never act like that. She would not be fearless asking for a fight she would be scared." Ogata annoyed her more.

Though what had started as a joke made Mae feel more insecure. Mae knew how to act all cute and sweet. She was also like that. Indeed she was strong and fearless, back then too. But she was always looked out how to talk. In her old school, she would never get so fire up and ask someone to fight. There she only spoke softly and sweet. She would only raise her voice if needed. But since she was the top, she didn't need too. She would never care enough to speak out her voice loud. Loud and fearless Mae meant she cared. And since day one, she was her real self in Akado high. Not acting like a sweet, cute girl. But a serious wild one.

So, what Yamato and Ren told her, made her uneasy. She felt jealous of Eri because they praised her. She didn't need Ogata and Kazama telling her that Eri was better than her. It made her sad, and lonely. Although she followed them at the Karaoke. Everyone had a really good time. Only Mae remained spacing out, as everyone was singing and laughing. The night ended with big smiles on their faces, when they said good night at Eri. Then all were again walking back home.

"It was so sweet!" said Kuraki weightless and like he swam in love.

"You already forgot Saki?" Mae voiced at him not holding back. Making him shrug.

"Such a nice girl!" Ichi said as he was dream walking.

"You cannot read her at all guys. So stupid!" Mae said loudly.

"Hitori really what is the problem, attacking her like that!" Honjo asked her as all 6 stopped and surrounded her.

"Yes! Isn't she, your friend!?" Kamiya added.

"We thought Mae was cool. And never bad-mouthing a friend behind her back!" Ichi said.

Ren and Ogata could see where it was going. If Mae answered them they would have a fight right there. But Mae wasn't really in the mood. "You guys are stupid!" she yelled at them and runoff. Leaving everyone confused.

"What did we do?" Kuraki wondered.

"Guys lets go! Let him be!" Ogata suggested, though he could spot something bothering her, he couldn't tell what it was.

"Should we check on her?" Ogata whispered at Ren. But Ren told him it was girly stuff, and they better should keep out of it.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

The next morning it seemed that Eri went again to Akado high. She only paid them a visit for a short time, before class started. Mae was late that day since she only managed to sleep a few hours. Eri was there only to tell them to go out once again, and that she had fun last night. "I really had fun. We should do it again! I never got why Mae said that you guys are bad news! A bunch of losers, ... I don't see that. I will wait for you guys!" she said and left leaving the group of 6 with open mouth.

"Could really Mae, think of us like losers?" Kuraki asked feeling like something was wrong.

"Have you seen his house. I think in compare with him we are?" Ichi added with his pressure elevating.

"Well, I don't know!" Honjo said while scratching the back of his head.

"Guys, Mae would never say things like that!" Ren voiced it clear.

"You forget what she said about Eri-chan last night!" Kamiya reminded them.

"Not sure guys if Mae is like that!" Ogata tried to back her up.

"You forget Ogata, How he used to call you!" Kamiya said again.

All pause thinking that Mae could have called them like that, or even worse than that. Suddenly, the door opened and Mae walked in. She gazed at everyone and said "Good morning!" but she didn't get any response.

"Mae, do we look so low in your eyes?" Kuraki asked her making the whole class turning and face them.

"Eh?" Mae blinked confused at him. Her mind was filled with worries about Eri she didn't see that coming.

"Did you ever thought of as losers? He means?" asked Ogata as he crossed his hands seriously.

Mae had no idea why they would pop up a question like that. And Mae who was always speaking her mind out didn't hold back "Well I have .." she said wanting to explain that the first days she thought them like that. She even had blacklisted them. But that had changed.

The 6 jumped from their sits and walked over to Mae and not letting her finish. "So you act as our friend but think us still as losers," Kuraki said with a disappointment on his face.

"Mae, how could you?" Ichi asked with a sad face.

"Wait guys no .. I" Mae tried to explain again.

"I thought you were honest?" Honjo and Kamiya also added.

Ren shook his head not sure what to believe anymore. And Ogata was pissed at her. He walked over to Mae and lifted her up. "Losers... You just said that you see us as Losers," he yelled at her.

"Wait for Yamato no! That's not what I meant! Indeed I thought you as losers but" she trying to explain as she could feel everyone glaring at her.

Ogata lifted her and pinned her against the wall, making Ren stand up. "!" Kazama yelled. As Ogata had already risen his fist to punch her. Only the punch ended hitting the wall next to her. Since he remembered he was dealing with a girl and not a boy. "Get out!" Ogata yelled at her as he felt the pain through his knuckles "Never show your face in here!"

Mea this time didn't say anything. She didn't try any excuses. Everyone being against her. She by-passed Ogata, took her bag and rushed off the classroom.

The rest of the day was uneasy for everyone. They didn't speak at all during class. Yankumi noticed Mae has gone, and the class in a silent mess. Mae was wandering around the city lost. Her heartfelt painful. She couldn't drag her feet. She was never so sad about having a fight with anyone. After all, she never was so close to anyone, she only got so close to class 3D. And with Ogata and Ren not trusting her it was more painful.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

"Yamato you were too much!" Ren told him when the school was over "We didn't let him even explain."

The three of them nodded their heads "We should trust Mae a bit more!" they all agreed.

Ogata only remained speechless as he found himself one more time raising his rage against Mae. The only one that didn't say anything was Kuraki because he wasn't there. Kuraki went to find Mae and talk with her. He also thought they were too much this morning. And he had spotted Mae under Shirokin bridge as she was talking on the phone with Eri. Eri was giving her a clear warning "You have an hour. Go get dressed, not us a boy as a girl. And come face me in our old school gym! or I will get your friends involved. And you know how our schoolmates can be?"

Mae didn't wait, if it came to her friends she wouldn't hold back. She ran off to the nearest shop and changed to a pink short dress and high heels. She looked totally different in a dress. (maybe even cuter and prettier than Eri) She took her way to face Eri. Only she never noticed that Kuraki was following her. Seeing Mae in a dress, was the first shock for Kuraki. The second was that Mae was a girl; and a pretty one. Though he followed her, at the building where the Gym was. The doors were opened, and 10 or more boys were sitting around. Eri was waiting for her sitting in the middle of the Gym, with her legs crossed.

Mae, really pissed walked over were Eri was "What is the meaning of these Eri?" she yelled at her as she cracked her neck. She threw her back with the school uniform on the floor next to her.

"You still look cute and pretty Mae-chan!" Eri mocked her as she stood up and walked around her "I didn't think you would come. Seems that you care about you, new friends."

Mae, that kept glaring at Eri ready to attack her "Eri, just tell me what you want?"

"Well you see I have our old class here they can just Go and attack those 6," she explained while laughing. Kuraki that heard everything called Ogata. He explained that he had followed Mae. That Mae was a girl. And that Eri has her in the school Gym. All 5 of them worried about Mae strolled towards the Gym.

"Don't include them in our issues. The problem was between you and me. Now tell me what do you want?" Mae spoke loud and clearly, placing her hands against her hips.

"Mae-chan is so scary. We never heard her speak so loud, ne?" Eri picked on her as the rest nodded their heads.

"Eri gaaa!" Mae yelled totally pissed with her as she kicked the chair were Eri was sitting. The team of 5 was already entering as they noticed Mae wearing a dress causing all, expect Ren and Yamato, to freeze. An unsettling feeling began welling inside them as they kept watching Mae.

"Though those 6 believed me Mae-chan! But if Mae-chan goes on her knees and lets me have my way. I will not touch your losers friends." Eri told her.

The 6 of them took a step forward worrying about Mae. As Mae gazed at Eri "They would never believe you Eri. They are not losers. They are better people than you. Even Me!" Mae spoke again loudly making all 6 gazing at her.

"Not what I asked Mae-chan!" Eri said and signed to the men to go.

But Mae walked a few steps closer to Eri "No! Keep them out of this!" she voiced. "I will give you what you want," Mae added and dropped on her knees, making the room to stand still. 'Mae on her knees' was a big deal for her old schoolmates.

Seeing Mae on her knees, and Eri getting ready to hit her all 6 stormed over yelling her to stop. Mae was surprised to hear them. She turned and looked at them. All were yelling to her to stand up. But Mae raised her hand, telling them to stop. "Don't you dear interfere in this," she uttered at them. All 6 could hear clearly the fearless Mae speaking.

"Baka Mae! Stand up! What are you doing!" Kuraki yelled at her almost crying.

"Hitori?!" Ren yelled also "What is that?"

"Mae.." a loud voice filled the room as Ogata stormed in. But she made it clear. "This is my fight, you need to stand down!"

"I have enough of this" Eri yelled and attacked Mae with a pipe. She lifted her hand and with one strike, it hit against Mae's head. A few drops of blood fell from her head and Mae's lifeless body crashed against the floor.

Ogata, that had already rushed over when he saw Eri holding the pipe, was late. She had already hit Mae. He grabbed the pipe and throw it off, pushing Eri away from Mae. "Don't you ever dear touch Mae!" he yelled as he lifted Mae up. "Hitori... Xor! Hitori" he yelled at her trying to wake her up.

"You worried about her. Is she really worthy! After what she said about you!" Eri mocked them as she stood up.

Ogata softly placed Mae against his lap and faced Eri with rage "Mae is one of us! You get that! She would never say things like that! But even if she did, we would deal with it. It has nothing to do with you!" he yelled at Eri. He wanted to storm over and start hitting her. But hitting a girl was too low. And right then he needed more to protect Mae than go after a stupid cute girl.

The other 5 also run towards them. "Mae is one of us!" "Don't you dare touch her!" the rest went on yelling. Eri gave a sign to the men to attack. Ogata shielded Mae while placing his body as a shield on top of her. The others fought. Ogata had no idea how many times he was kicked or punched, but he didn't move. They were outnumbered soon.

And when all hope was about to die, a loud voice could be heard "Give my students back!" Yankumi without glasses and her hair loose walked over them. "You have done enough Fuji-san," she said getting everyone's attention. The team of 6, expect Mae, lifted their heads and gazed at her. It seemed that Ogata had notified Yankumi, before entering the Gym. He smelt trouble, and Yankumi could surely help. Lately, he and Ren had become amazing leaders.

The fight had ended for some time now. Eri and the rest, of course never understood what Yankumi and the 6 told them. They surely wouldn't touch Mae or the rest of the class 3D, since Yankumi was around. Everyone resting against the sakura trees, still confused. They had just found out that Mae was a girl. Ogata and Ren were trying still to wake her up. As for Yankumi, she had only now noticed that Mae was wearing a dress. Ogata had already covered her up with his jacket. Tried to stop her bleeding. As he ran his finger as always through her forehead. Ren explained to them why Mae was hiding in their class. Leaving everyone speechless. But all agreed not to tell anyone. Even Yankumi after being happy to have a female student in her class agreed with them.

Mae got her senses back for few seconds gazing at everyone. "Mae-kun you are alright!" Yankumi yelled at her, making the rest wondering "Mae-kun?". "Hey, she didn't get that she is a girl right?" Ren asked making the rest giggled.

Ogata and Ren helped her lean against the tree. "Gome!" Ogata mumbled gazing at her. As the others also apologized.

"Mae is one of our own" Kuraki said and smiled at her, making Mae cracked a smile at him.

"I know I heard you back then... All of you... I am sorry too.." she mumbled weak but blissful. She got her friends back, and that made her more than happy.

"Alright, Guys let's go!" Ren suggested.

Ogata nodded as he watched Mae try to stand up. He placed his finger against her forehead and poked her. "Baka," he said and lifted her easy up. After all, she wasn't heavy at all. Yamato pulled her up and turned around placing her against his back. (Thing he had done before. Carrying Mae around started to become a habit.)

"I will take her! Jane!" he notified them and left them. Everyone stood there gazing at Ogata confuse.

"Did he just say, he will bring her home?" Kuraki wondered as his head was turned aside.

"Why is Ogata bring Mae home and not us?" Ichi mumbled.

"That is not fair," Honjo added.

Kamiya sat down almost crying "Hey! we didn't agree with you." he yelled.

"Come guys let him be!" Ren advised them and took the road back home.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

Mae was easy to be carried around, Ogata was beaten up a lot, which made him harder to move. He would pause to take his breath and rest, before walking again. Mae was still dizzy, as the hit against her head was major. "Let me get you to the hospital?" Ogata told her. Mae raised her eyes and as she tried to drop off his back. Making only Ogata lose his balance "Hitori what are you doing?" he yelled at her seriously.

"No hospitals. I am trying to hide not to make everyone notice me!" she murmured resting against his back.

"Alright! I will just take you home!" Ogata softly told her and slowly made his way at Mae's house.

When they reached home, he simply grabbed her keys from her bag and opened the door. Closing the door behind him and walking her over to the bedroom. He remembered Mae didn't like to sleep on the couch. He slowly placed her against the bed. And sad next to her. Mae tried to take off his jacket. But Ogata pushed it back on.

"It's alright wear it! Or do you like to show me your dress!" Ogata teased making Mae to glare at him.

"Just turn around I will wear my shirt and pj's..." Mae said to him.

Ogata grabbed her stuff and placed them next to her. Then he moved and faced the window. Mae slowly managed to change into something coziest.

"Are you wearing the same shirt you were last time with the long v line," he mumbled with posture leaning against the window.

Mae gazed at her shirt "Yes I think its that one.. why?" she asked confused as she let her dress dropped against the floor and lied back.

Ogata rolled his eyes reminding himself not to attack her " Your cleavage .. Aho! If you want to keep your act like a boy hidden!" he yelled at her.

Mae gazed at him as he was still gazing out the window "Oh! that's why you called me Aho back then?" she realized and pulled the neck of the shirt up.

Ogata turned and looked at her. He walked over and nodded. He looked around until he found her first aid kit. He sat next to her and treated her head wound, bandaged it, and cleaned her face.

"Rest now! We will talk later!" he whispered at her softly and turned to stand up and leave.

Though Mae grabbed his shirt and pulled him back down, blinking at him. "You are hurt too, aren't you?" Mae said with a hushed tone. She moved aside, giving Ogata someplace to lay down. "Why don't you get some rest too?" she suggested.

Ogata didn't think it over and climbed in bed next to her. He pushed his arm behind her and pulled close to a tight hug. Mae curled up close with him. He ran his finger across her forehead and kissed it. Both close their eyes and fell asleep.

For Mae and Yamato, it was the best place to sleep. They could easily for asleep, hugged like that. And for now, they could let or their trouble rest. They would deal with those when the sun would rise up.

(Coming up chapter 10)