When everything falls apart

Fallen Gokusen

They froze. They couldn't move. They couldn't even breathe. All of them had to make sure, they hadn't mistaken it. (What Mae and Ogata told them up to the school rooftop.) 'How could that be?' So many details at ones. It was too much to handle, especially for Yankumi. She, also as Mae, had never heard about the Kages or about any oath. Her heart pounded so loudly, as her worries built up. After the big shock was over, Yankumi and Mae talked. They talked for a long time, trying to cross their information, and understand what happened. But sadly they didn't know that much. So, no results were given that day.

Everyone made it back to class. The first hour nothing moved in class 3D. Neither the 7 of them or Yankumi. It was only later that day when Kuraki tried to lighten up the spirits.

"You guys... I never told you! I got us a date with Kashou high girls." he said with a smile.

The boys turned and looked at him "Kashou High! How?" they all asked together.

"I cannot reveal my source but after school, they will wait for us in the nearest cafe!" he yelled and jumped around.

The rest of the day all were planning about the date. How they should address the girls. Even Mae seemed to take interfere. That caused major confusion in the group of 6.

"Isn't she a girl?" Ichi asked moving his head aside.

"Stupid, don't say that loud! The other will hear! Yes, she is!" Kamiya replied at him.

"Let her be!" said Ren smiling "If she has fun, let her interfere."

"But the girls are 6 and if 7 of us go, we will lose a girl to Mae!" Kuraki complained while leaning against his desk and crying.

"Let's talk her out of it!" Honjo suggested.

"You guys are so lost against Mae!" Ogata teased them as he was gazing at them with a smile.

The rest of the day went like that until school was over. All of them were finally ready to go on their date. Though Mae, surprising told them that she would go home and rest. They asked her if she was sure, and if they should stay with her. But Mae met it clear she needed some time for herself.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

Mae had other plans for the day. Although she seemed to be alright all day long. Mae's mind was working all the details out. There were so many questions, about the Kages, about the three families, even about the oath. She could go ask her grandfather, but she was sure she would not get all the answers she needed. So there was only one place Mae could go and get her answers to' The Oedo family'.

She showed up uninvited. (She overheard Yankumi saying she wouldn't be home until late at night.) Kuroda-san was surprised to see Yankumi's student at his house. But he invited her inside and agreed to speak with her.

"Mae, what brings you here?" Kuroda-san asked her really curious about what the young lady would want.

Mae knelt and sat on her feet formally. It was a rare occasion to see Mae like that. "Kuroda-san I am here to see you as Yanai Ryoske's granddaughter. I have heard that you know my grandfather? And I have a few questions to ask?" Mae spoke her mind again out, only this time it was formal and in a low tone.

Kuroda-san was taken by surprise. Because Mae knew about him and the three families relationship. He nodded at her "Feel free to ask?"

"Will you be able to handle all questions asked at once or will it be too confusing?" she asked again.

Kuroda-san smiled, he could see the fighting spirit of her grandfather, and the habit to speak up his mind. "Go ahead!" he answered.

"It seems that you know who I am? There is also a connection in the Oedo's, Yanai's and Kage's, what is that? And about the Oath? What is going on?" Mae asked as she gazed at him seriously.

"You being in danger, we spoke with your grandfather and thought to hide you close to were Kumiko was. As a boy, and with her around you would be safe. So yes I know who you were. Your family, my family and also the Kage's are connected from ages ago. But honestly, there was never an oath. Maybe our ancestors took some kind of Oath, but officially there was none. What really happened, is when you make a leader of your clan you heave to take an oath. The same happened with your Grandfather and Kage .. Kage Atari's dad. Though the Kage's always misunderstood that Oath. They .. especially Atari lived with a code that doesn't exist." Kuroda-san explained seriously.

"A code?" interpreted Mae still confusing of what she was hearing.

"Yes, a code. You see the Kages were always involved with politics. Having the Oedo's and the Yanai's with their side meant that they would always succeed. Atari's code was always about power and money. We were the power and you the money. But with my daughter's decision and your mothers, our families were coming to an end. And Atari would not have the power he used to." Kuroda-san sighted.

"Then about your daughter's death, you know it was him? How could you stay down?" Mae questioned him. If it was her, she could see herself storming inside the Kages house and taking revenge.

"Young lady! Taking revenge is easy. I can have his head anytime. But first I was not sure. Because of how many times I looked into Kumiko's parents' accident it was only an accident. Secondly, Atari didn't bother me about the family. I thought it was only bad luck. Only now with your parents, dead things are getting looked up again. But going after Atari, I want it to be done but the law. If I or your grandfather raise our hands for revenge things will get messy. And Atari maybe ends up dead, but what he would have messed us enough." the old man clarified.

"So your answer is: you are staying down on these and letting him off?" Mae raised her voice.

"No far from it. You think the Yanai leader will stay down and not take care of his daughter's murder. But he can not just let a rare revenge destroy everything. And secondly, there isn't enough proof. So you too Mae, should stay down for now." he answered her serious.

Mae got up "I will see to that. Just don't tell Yankumi or my grandfather I was here! Also, Yankumi found out this morning by us, you may need to talk with her." she said and took her way back home. Kuroda-sun waited that night for Kumiko to get back. They sat down and talked. Finally, as Mae, Kumiko also knew now the truth. And he promised to let her grandfather deal with it. As her grandfather ensured her that her parent's death was only an accident.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

The wind was blowing nervously that night. The moon hidden behind the clouds, and there were no stars in the sky. Mae that had finally reached home, lifted her gaze to find two male figures waiting on her door. A few steps closer she noticed it was Ren and Yamato.

"What are you both doing here?" she asked confused "How did the date go?"

"We never went?" said Ogata.

"Yamato wanted to make sure you reached home safe!" Ren answered as Mae unlocked the door. She opened it and let both inside. "I see!" she mumbled "I just was walking around. I am alright!"

Although both didn't believe her, they let it slide. After all, they were there to support Mae, not to ask more questions. They watched a movie, eat some ramen. Also, when Ogata was boiling the water for the ramen. Mae requested from Ren to follow her somewhere tomorrow. She didn't say anything further as Ogata may hear them. Ren agreed, even he seemed puzzled. It was already midnight as both of the boys decided to go home.

"Are you sure you will be alright!" asked Ogata really worried.

Mae nodded and stood up "I am really alright. I will get some sleep and will see you at school tomorrow. I need some time alone." she honestly said.

Ren stood up "I think she means it Yamato." Ren told him clearly and also stood up dragging Yamato out. "Good night Hitori, try to have some rest!" Ren yelled as he was already opening the door and dragging Ogata along.

"Wait I haven't said Good night yet!" he mumbled as Kazama was already out of the door facing the stairs and Ogata had stuck between it. He was holding from the door gazing at Mae. Mae was facing it trying to close the door against his face.

"You can go now!" she yelled and tried to push him off the way and close the door.

"I need to say good night!" Ogata mumbled as he was still firming holding the door with the one hand. Mae that was already close half of the door and only her face could be seen nodded at him "Good night go rest!"

But Ogata seemed he didn't really want to leave. The feelings that have overtaken him when they went to her home and she wasn't there were still there. How worried he was. But maybe there was more than that. Yamato couldn't take it anymore. Before the door closed on him. He placed his hand against Mae's shoulder. He leaned over and tilted his head aside. Moving his head closer to hers and kissed her. It was a fast soft kiss, that took Mae by surprise. Before even she had realized what happened, the door was closed and Yamato and Ren took their leave. 'That will occupy her brain' Ogata thought and smiled.

Mae that remained to gaze the door for a long time with her finger touching her lips confused. She shook her head in confusion. 'What was that?' she thought 'Maybe it was done by mistake' Her mind felt at ease. Yes, it was a mistake. She had more serious things to deal with, there is no way that that was a kiss. 'Right?'

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

The sun has risen again in Tokyo. Mae who woke up since dawn, to get dress and ready. Not us a boy this time but as a girl. Her hair, (that were a bit longer) was tight and pulled up. She was wearing a black shirt with a black skirt until her knees long. She kind looked formal dressed. As she walked out of the building, there was already Ren standing.

"Hitori what did you want me?" he asked as he blinked few times seeing her with female clothes. Last night he was surprised as that Mae asked for him alone to go there.

Mae started walking and Ren followed her "I only called you because I don't want Ogata to get all fired up again. I just need someone with me I don't want to go alone" she explained at him. Ren nodded and agreed with her.

Soon they arrived outside a mansion. Ren gazed and saw then name that it was listed 'Kage'. He freaked out gazing at her. But Mae that was totally calm signed him to keep it down. One of the security men showed up asking what did they want. And Mae said it clear that she was Yanai's granddaughter and wanted to see Kage Atari. The man placed a phone call and a few minutes later he let them go in. Everyone was looking at them as they followed the man inside the house. He brought them inside Atari's office and closed the door behind him.

" Mae Hitori, in my house what a surprising guest," Atari spoke as he nodded at them to take a seat.

"Governor Kage it's a pleasure to let us in. I see you already know who I am!" she spoke loudly, calm and clear.

"Of course I do! But I never thought you would visit me!" he mocked her.

"Indeed. Maybe I would never make it until your doorstep. These days even to see Kage-san it's impossible." Mae answered back with a higher tone, as Ren stood a few steps behind her. He felt out of place. Mae and Kage were talking, almost fighting with words and they seemed so calm. It was another world for Ren.

"What brings you two here?" Atari asked really curious. He knew Mae was hiding since the death of her family. And now she was in his house, there sure would be a reason behind that.

"I only came here to say two things," she said with a big smile on her face that made even Ren looking at her worried. "Kage-san I found out you moved your pawns these years around us," Mae added still gazing at him deadly serious.

"Mae, Mae what are you trying to say there?" he asked her worried now.

Mae leaned closer to his desk and spoke "I know everything. I know you need power and money. I know what you have done to obtain all that. And I will make sure you lose everything." she threatened him clearly.

Kage jumped up glaring at her "You come into my house to blackmail me" he yelled.

"We are leaving," she said at stepped back "I didn't come to blackmail you. I am here to tell you clearly. I don't know how many oaths you took and what code you follow, but you will get down. And be prepared." she uttered clearly and left with Ren.

Atari was pissed off. After they left he almost smashed his office down. He couldn't rest. A teen was in his house blackmailing him. And how could she know? What made her so true to speak. He started moving, he could not let that slide. The same day already he came in contact with Goda. After all, Goda wanted revenge on class 3D and Atari wanted Mae out of the way. They come in contact and made a deal. But kage was too pissed and revealed more information than he should.

Meanwhile, Ren and Mae (That had changed to her school uniform already) were back in the classroom. Since it was almost time for the finals, and class 3-D was determined not to fail in order to have a great summer break. Everyone was studying even Ogata. Ren and Mae looked at each other confused.

"What are you doing?" they asked with their eyes wide open.

"We study to sit down... Its time for the finals too. Goro-chan told us if we fail we will lose our summer and have classes." Ogata said as he was still facing the book. (And without anyone noticing he was blushing behind that book.) Since he could still remember what happened last night.

Apart from that, they also had to avoid expulsion by not getting into any more trouble, as Sawatari told them. But that appeared unlikely when Goda is on the loose again after Kage ordered him. Goda, his thugs, and class 3d met again, after school, as it was planned by him.

This time he had sworn vengeance, he raided Akado Academy. Everyone fought, wanting to escape the mess that Goda was causing. His thugs were different now. Not only were they outnumbered but it was clear that they come to kill someone. Leading to immense chaos they gravely injured Kazama, making things to start to fall apart.

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

Hours later at the hospital, Kazama had a major operation. Although the surgery was a success but Ren had not woken up yet. His sister and Yankumi were there really worried. Ogata and the rest of 3d waited at the hospital entrance. Mae went over to tell him how Ren was doing. Everyone was pissed and worried about their friend. Plus Mae had found out that behind Goda's attack was Atari.

"I cannot let it be this time," Ogata yelled in a rage having everyone agree with him.

"This time I am with Yamato." Mae agreed.

"I will go face him. I am not letting you get away with that! He almost killed Ren" he yelled.

"Alright go! I need to go to Kage!" Mae said, but Ogata was deeply in his rage mode not even paying attention.

"Why do you need to go there?" though he asked confused. And Mae explained to him that he and Ren had visited him, and it seemed that he was behind everything.

Both Mae and Ogata agreed to go face them for what they did to Ren. This time neither Mae nor Ogata was thinking clearly. They stormed out and went to face them.

Thankfully Ren got his senses back. Yankumi went to find everyone, but Kuma notified her he saw Ogata and class 3D heading towards Goda. Yankumi maid it in time before things went more serious. Ogata tried to hit him back, but Yankumi prevent the hit. As everyone calmed down, and Yankumi had a big talk with Goda. He told them what had happened. How involved Kage was, what he said, everything. And Goda said the same things to the police.

Back at the hospital as everyone was making sure Ren was alright. They could finally breathe and rest. It was only Ogata that jumped up more than worried. "Xor! Mae went to find Kage!" he yelled making everyone get up.

"What you mean Ogata by that?" Yankumi asked him.

"Mae somehow knew that behind the attacks was Kage Atari, she went after him!" he yelled ready to go after Mae.

"You let Mae go alone!" Yankumi flipped and stood also up. "You guys stay here, only me and Ogata will go!" But 3D wanted to follow. How would they leave their friend alone at this time? They agreed and went to find Mae.

Meanwhile, at Kage's house, Mae had already entered. He was waiting for her at the main garden, with few of his thugs. As Mae walked over pissed at him, she raised her first and punched him causing him to fall down. He smiled and stood up. "Even for a girl you are really strong," he told her.

Mae that was all shaking in pure madness glared at him "You have done enough Atari. I am not letting you go this time!" she yelled and tried to attack him again.

Though, as Mae attacked him his thugs ganged up on her. She managed to fight a few off, but she was soon crashed against the ground. But Kage luck was soon cut off when Yankumi, Ogata and the rest of 3D stormed in. Yankumi dealt with the men as Ogata run over to Mae and picked her up. Kage had pulled at gun by then trying to escape. But his luck was done.

The police appeared and surrounded them. The detective, Yanai-san and Kuroda-san appeared suddenly and went over to face him. As the detective put handcuffs on him, they told him that Goda spoke. They had now a proof that he was behind both crimes. Both of the old men made it clear, that he better rust in the prison because if they ever saw him around, he would be good as dead.

Everything seemed chaotic, fallen chaos. They had no idea what to do as the police were still cleaning Kage's thugs. Mae was hurt and resting against Ogata. Her grandfather suggested she should remain still hidden in Akado High. Maybe Kage was caught but they never knew really if more were behind it. (Thankfully no other of the Kage family was involved. Though Mae remain at Akado High and she will graduate with everyone in class 3D.)

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

Later the same night at Mae's home, with Mae resting and Ogata the only one that had left at her apartment. The rest went home to rest. Everyone had a hard day. Ogata that was really worried about Mae remained next to her as long as she was sleeping. He would lightly kiss her forehead, as now he was more than sure, that he was in love with Mae.

After a few hours of sleep, Mae woke up to find Ogata next to her sleeping. She smiled at him and sat up letting her fingers running against his curly hair. To wake up and having Yamato next to her felt like a blessing. Now though she started looking more worried. Why would she feel like that about him? Those feelings were strange. Mae that was never in love before found herself be totally overtaken by Ogata.

Ogata woke up, as Mae kept playing with his hair. He didn't say anything. He only lifted his body close to hers and kissed her. They didn't need fancy words or cute quotes, they both knew by then how in love there were. (And I can tell you that they would remain like that forever. Maybe they fought a lot. Maybe they went through more adventures but one thing never changed that they were together and in love, until they become old, really old. But that is another story that belongs to another book.)

✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ ✿ﻬ✿

Days have passed now. The calm and funny days have come again over Akado Academy. Ren was finally on his feet and back. Mae and Ogata had started dating. Although the group of 5 didn't really recognize them as a couple yet. Only after a month or so. Were they kept to see Mae and Ogata glitching better together? All of them as a team, with Yankumi and the class 3D, made more memories. Some were fun, some others were only for Yankumi and Mae. Our story ends here. (But I can assure you that they remained life long friends. We may see them in more adventure some time. But they really lived a happy and healthy life. -with many troubles of course.-)

~ The End~