BENTOU

It Wasn't My Intention

 

“Arigato Gozaimasu”, I closed the door.

I sat my bags down, throwing myself on the bed. Stretching my arms & legs out.

Man, sitting on the bullet train for 3 hours really is tiring! I told myself. 

I stare at the ceilings, sighing.

Now that I’m in Tokyo, what should I do??? I thought.

I yawn. All I wanna do now is sleep. I told myself. I stare out the window, the night sky of Tokyo. Black pitch with glittering dots. It was so beautiful, but somehow scaring.

Tokyo seems exciting. Maybe tomorrow, I can ask Chinen to show me around Tokyo. I smiled.  I stretch some more.

My life up until now was...Well…harsh. I was born in the city but grew up on the country-side. My parents adopted a child of a close friend, who died in an accident, when I was 3. Because of the child’s cheerfulness, my parents’ attention was soon dragging toward the child; they’ve forgotten that they have another child, who was their actual child. When I was 6, my parents along with their adopted child left to South Korea. I was left in the hands of my Gram. Life at Gram was perfect; until she became sick. Gram was transferred to the hospital in the nearest city. It was difficult visiting her.  I got school. Since I’m graduating into high school, I got to keep up with my studies. But having to pay the hospital bills and the rent bills, I quit school without telling Gram. Later on, she found out. Her illness worsens. She insists that I continue school. I did but only at times when I can. Because of things that were happening, I didn’t aim for the high school that I wanted. I was upset. I didn’t have any good grades. I didn’t have any friends.

I got Gram, at least that’s what always I thought.

Gram passed away the following 2 years.  I had no one. Then Aunt Megumi came along. She wanted to take me in. I refused. I insist that I can take care of myself. She wouldn’t take “no” as an answer. She tried hard proving that I still got somebody, her. After seeing her trying so hard, I got tired. I told her yes.

And now I'm here.

“Ohayou” I walled down the steps.

Aunt Meg was in the kitchen, chopping vegetables. “Ohayou!” she replied.

I walked into the kitchen. Aunt Meg saws me & smiled.

“Anything I can help with?” I leaned on the counter next to her.

“Oh, hai” she pointed to one of the top cabinets “set the table.”

I pulls the plates ect. Out.

“Ahh. Chinen already left.” She told me.

“This early?” I asked. So he didn’t have breakfast, eh?

“He got a photoshoot for HSJ next single. So he left even before I got up.” Aunt Meg pointed.

HSJ???? PHOTOSHOOT??? NANI??

I gave Aunt Meg a sour face, “Whats that?”

“Ahh! I forgot. HSJ is an idol group that belongs to Johnny Entertainment. Chinen has been in the group for about 3or4 years now. He loves it!” She pointed more. She then sighs “But with his works, he never had times at home.” She saddens.

"Sou ka" i responds. So Chinen, my cousin, is an idol huh???? I'm a bit jealous.

“Rina!” Aunt Meg hands me a bentou “Gomene, demo, Chinen forgotten his bentou. Can you please delivered it to him?” she shows a tempt smile.

I couldn’t say no to her temptation so I say yes. She gave me a paper of direction & money for the train fares along with her pass into the Johnny Building. I thought that maybe it could also be a chance to see what life in Tokyo is like.

As I walk down the crowded streets of Tokyo, I was fascinated. Everything in Tokyo was soo… modern. There were huge buildings. There were big posters of idols. There were a lot of cars. There were a lot of stylish people. Who made me look at my ragging clothes: 2 years old converse sneakers, a pair of blue skinny jean, a graphic T-shirt along with a black denim jacket. And of course a big crossbody tote with all the stuffs that Aunt Meg told me to carry (includes the bentou box)

 

It didn’t take long for me to reach the Johnny Building. All I could say is “Damn!!! What a sea of fangirls!!!” I can tell that they were there for days; there were tents under the trees and behind the bushes. There were also fast-food wrappers on ground. The fangirls were sitting on the steps of the stairs. Most of them were schoolgirls. They looked tired & exhausted from waiting for their idols to come out.

I walked up the steps. The fans were looking at my way. I didn’t feel comfortable. It smells like hatred some how.

I walked in front of the guards. The fans gasp “She’s not getting through!”

I pull out the pass and showed the guards. The fans gasp again “She got a pass!”

The guard took the pass & studied it. They gave me the pass back & nodded. They make way and allow me to go through.

The fans stood up and complain “EHH!!! We’ve been here for days! How did she got in?!? She got here only a few minutes ago!”

I heard the fans’ complaint behind me. I felt like I attract too much attention. Puu!

I asked the lady in the up front desk “Uno, Where is HSJ having their photoshooting in?”

The lady pointed to the main hallway “Ahh. Its over there just turn right and in room 12b.” she smiled at me. I smiled back. I nod my head “Arigato!”

I was happy that she wasn’t all grumpy & ing attitude like most up front desk lady that I‘ve seen.

I’m here, I told myself. But I became nervous. How do I know which one is Chinen? I asked myself. I never have seen Chinen’s face. Yesterday, I didn’t get to see his face. When I arrived in Aunt Meg’s house, he was up in his room, tired. He didn’t come out at all so I didn’t get to see his face. I only know about him when Aunt Meg told me about how I can ask him for help. Demo… -_- how should I confront him when I’m in the room. “Chinen! You forgot your bentou” or “Who’s Chinen? You forgot your bentou.” Eiii! I shook my head. I sigh. “ This!” I twist the door knob.

Click! Flash! Click!

"OWW!! MY EYES!!" I put my hand over my eyes. I rub them. They recover.

Everyone was leaning agaisnt the wall. For set fro 10 boys, who dressed differ from everyone.

They must be HSJ, I thought, but who is Chinen? I thought i was screw.

I leaned against the wall just like everyone else. Chinen where are you?? My eyes running through each of the 10 boys’ face. I sigh. I just gotta wait.

I watch as the boys pose for the camera. They smiled. The boys tease each other when one makes mistakes. They laugh it off. I smiled.

“Chinen!” one of the boys shouted. The other boy turns around “Nani?”

Ahh! That must be Chinen! I exclaimed in silence.

I got off the wall. I took steps walking toward Chinen’s way. Someone suddenly grabs my arm “Who let a fan in?” a man voice. It was one of the guards around here. He drags me toward the door. “This is a no fan zone!” I pull my arms away from him. “I’m not a fan! I’m Chinen’s cousin!” I told the guard “Chinen forgot his bentou and I’m here to give it to him!”

The guard didn’t respond & drag me toward the door. I forcefully am trying to get to Chinen.

I snap! “CHINEN!!! YOUR BENTOU!!!” I screamed my lungs out to Chinen. “Yamata!” I yelled at the guard. The guard still dragging me. “Eii!” I shout “CHINEN!!!”

If it’s like this then Chinen won’t get to eat during his break! I told myself. I don’t know why but my body was so determined. My tears were dripping. I gotta! “Yamata!” I shout to the guard over and over! “Stop moving, you rascal!” the guard shout. “Eii!!!!” I shout out… Suddenly.

“Yamata!” a voice shouted. I looked up. It was Chinen’s. I felt relived. “Yama!” he said. I looked around us. Everyone was looking our way. Damn, I attract attention again.

The guard let go of my arm. I pull my arm. I gave a glare to the guard. I walk to Chinen. I stop a few steps away of Chinen. Looking around us. Everyone was looking. I felt a hard hit on my chest. I quickly walked over to Chinen. I’m embarrassed. I stop in front of Chinen

. I met his eyes. I reach down the bag looking for the bentou. I pull out something hard that I recognized the bentou. I met his eyes again. I hand him the bentou “Jya!”

I turn around. I felt a hand over my wrist “Mata” it was Chinen. I turn around “Nani?” His eyes were kirakira. “Edo…” he says nervously.  His eyes were searching for words. “Nani” I said again. He tightens my wrist. “Mm!” he nods his head. He made contact will my eyes.

“Will you be my GIRLFRIEND??” He smiled!

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I shout. So did HSJ.