hollow

The Soundtrack of Our Youth

dnce (ft. 世界の終わり) - hollow

    Mina comes home late one night, sniffing as she places her shoes on the rack.
“Mina?” Jihyo calls out from the couch, where she’s been waiting for most of the night.
Mina sniffs again, “hey Jihyo.”
Jihyo swears she sees her wipe away tears, “everything okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine,” it’s a feeble attempt at reassurance, but an attempt nonetheless.
It doesn’t seem like Mina wants to talk about it, so Jihyo doesn’t press any further.

    In her bed, Jihyo can’t seem to fall asleep. As she tosses and turns under the covers, she can her the sound of water running, and knows that Mina’s getting ready for bed. She sighs. She wishes she could do more for her. Then the running water stops, and light floods into her room as Mina opens the door just a crack.
“Jihyo?” whispers Mina.
“Y-yeah?”
Without a reply, Mina closes the door and slips under the covers.
Jihyo is confused, “um—?”
“Move over,” mutters Mina as she wraps her arms around Jihyo.
So Jihyo moves over and stares up at the ceiling as Mina gets comfortable. There’s a small silence.
Jihyo clears , “what happened?” she asks carefully.
Mina sighs, “nothing.”
“Oh. Okay,” Jihyo knows it isn’t ‘nothing’ but doesn’t ask anymore.
She continues staring at the ceiling. Having Mina so close to her is dangerous, but before she knows it, she’s falling asleep.

    When she wakes up in the morning, her door is ajar, and Mina isn’t in her bed anymore. Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes as she walks to the kitchen, she sees Mina, in her brother’s old shirt and basketball shorts, pouring frosty flakes into a bowl and Jihyo remembers that she never fell out of love with Mina.
“Morning,” she croaks.
Mina turns around and smiles and Jihyo feels her heart being ripped out. She ignores the pain and stands next to Mina and makes herself a coffee. Humming as she pours milk onto her cereal, Mina bumps her hips into Jihyo’s gently.
“I broke up with her,” she says suddenly.
Jihyo doesn’t know what to say, “wha—who?”
“You know,” Mina hums through a mouthful of cereal, “Nayeon.”
Jihyo tries her best to contain her selfish joy. She had nothing against Nayeon personally, she was a nice person and all, but it was hard to say that she wasn’t jealous. (She was so jealous. But being able to see Mina happy made up for it.)
“Oh…are you—” Jihyo starts, but is interrupted.
“I guess I’m fine about it,” Mina decides, “I mean, I was sad you know? That’s why I cried. But I guess she was right.”
Everything coming out of Mina’s mouth just makes Jihyo even more confused, “about what?”
Mina shrugs and takes another spoonful of cereal, “about me loving someone else," she says, like it's the most obvious thing in the world.
There’s a lump in and Jihyo tries to wash it down with a mouthful of coffee. Mina chews her last mouthful of cereal.
“Don’t you want to know who?”
Jihyo’s not sure if she does. She reasons that if she doesn’t find out now, she’ll find out soon enough, anyway. So she asks. (Her voice is shaky and she’s sure Mina can hear just how shaky it is)
“Who?”
And Mina beams, “you.”
Jihyo nearly spits out her coffee, “you…really know just how to rip my heart out,” she sighs.
“I’m serious!” Mina pouts.
“I—you—what am I supposed to do?” Jihyo sputters.
“Date me.”

_____________________________
2 MORE EXAMS AND IM DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANT WAIT TO E N D  M Y  L I F E!!!!!
anyway i felt like writing so here's this piece of idk im just tired and writer's block is a pain in the but at least i TrIeD
but yeah literally wtf is this
anyways see yall when i see u
also i ing love minahyo