Part 3

Adore U (아낀다)

  "I HATE THAT JERK!!!"

 

  Pillows scattered everywhere. Bedcover was almost pulled off. Seulgi's cursing and whining didn't bother her roommate, Soojung to eat her black bean noodles. Instead, she watches Seulgi emotionlessly as if she's watching TV. Casually gulfing down noodles while her bestfriend is throwing tantrums.

  It wasn't the first time Seulgi comes home and began kicking everything she sees. Three years living together made Soojung experienced enough. At these times, Soojung doesn't have do anything but wait until Seulgi finishes. 

  Five minutes later, the single-eyelid girl has drained all her energy and decided to bury her head against a pillow. "If only that jerk didn't chase me... i wouldn't have been caught." She murmured.

  Soojung sighed and put her bowl on to Seulgi's desk, "Oh come on, stop being a baby! You don't want to get tired tidying up your bed."

  "But, i thought you've told your friend, Soojung... who is it again?" Whined Seulgi, still having her face burried in the pillow.

  "Ah, you mean Jongin oppa? I did. But i told you, he can't. He needs to focus on his studies." Soojung tilted her head. She stared at her bestfriend that looks even more pathetic when she sat up.

   Seulgi gritted her teeth and strangled her already messy hair, "Urgh! Why that jerk had to chase me?!"

  "Hey, he returned your purse, anyway. He didn't know you were in a- 'tight' situation."

  "Yeah, but still, he could've keep it for awhile and return it to me the next day or something! Was he that stupid?" Seulgi threw her head to the bed again. Covering her eyes with her arm, "Huft, school just got worse."

  Soojung rolled her eyes, "Sheesh, what's so bad about getting a tutor? It's not like the end of your life."

  "I don't know." Seulgi shrugged, "It's just i don't like being tutored with Taellim's seniors, more if it's someone from my generation. Don't you know how much i'll be teased? Urgh, i should've find a tutor on my own."

  "Well, too late."

  "I know right."

  Soojung went to sit by Seulgi's side, placing a hand to her shoulder as an act of comfort, "Hey, look at the bright side. The tutor is going to help you boost your grade. If you study hard, those free time you've sacrified will be worth it. Think about your parents worrying about you all the way from Masan."

  A sigh escaped Seulgi's lips. When Soojung mentions about her parents, she realized her bestfriend has a point. Her parents didn't send her to Seoul for nothing but to receive the best education, so imagining Seulgi's parents looking at her progress disappointedly. It's heavying her heart.

  Seulgi pouted. She grabbed Soojung's noodles like it was hers and casually eating some. Soojung cannot accept her actions at all and immediately take it back before Seulgi could finish it, "Yah!! Go cook your own!!"

  "Tch, it's just a little bite." Seulgi swallowed the noodles down while clicking her tounge.

  Right now, she can only hope she can get along with the future tutor well.

 

 

 

 


oOo

 

 

 

 

 

  Mingyu does nothing but lying on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

  Should i do it? He thought. A piece of paper was held on his hand. Mingyu was informed to see the principal during fifth period of school for important matters. And it turns out he was requested to be a tutor. Something he did not expect at all.

  Mr. Hwan told him to tutor the student three times a week, starting next monday which comes in three days. This student only have problems with maths and physics, two subjects Mingyu happened to be ace at. But he doesn't have a lot of experience in teaching. The only person he had taught was his little sister, it could be different for teaching other people.

  Thus, He'll be given 15.000 won per hour. That means 30.000 won per meeting. If Mingyu teaches the student three times a week, he can earn 90.000 won! And that's more than enough for Mingyu. He can raise his allowance without burdening his family. It was the only reason why Mingyu is tempted. 

  He has three days to think about it. Mr. Hwan said if he agrees, Mingyu should come up to his office to receive some documents before the school ends. As for now, the choices are on Mingyu's hands.

 

 

 


oOo

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Three days passed and Mingyu finally made his decision. He heaved a long sigh, staring at the beige door. The student's documents were in his hands which Mingyu doesn't have the courage to open. He prefer to see his soon-to-be-student in person first, so he wouldn't jump into conclusions even before he started.

  He knocked the door three times. There's no turning back now.

  A kind old lady appeared five seconds later, she gave Mingyu a wide smile. "You must be the new tutor, right? Please come in."

  As Mingyu stepped into the house, the old lady escorts him to the living room. Mingyu assumed the owner of this house must be a fan of ocean theme. The walls were painted in blue, if he looks closer, the inside of the glass table was filled with sand with colorful seashells placed neatly on it, so it would look like a dry aquarium. Mingyu finds it calming down his nerves, somehow.

  "Soojung-ah!" The old lady lifted towards the stairs. Soojung? Could it be the student's name? Mingyu thought. But as soon as the girl came down, Mingyu was certain she's not. He'd never seen her at school before.

  "What is it, mom?" The long haired girl asked. Her expression is really cold, especially when she notices Mingyu's presence. Like giving him a warning to stay off.


  "She's still in the house, right? Where is she?"

  "Ah, she's sleeping. As usual."

  The old lady clicked her tounge, "Eish, that girl. Wake her up, her tutor is here."

  "Okay," Soojung nodded nonchalantly, then looks at Mingyu, "Follow me." She told him while making her way upstairs. Mingyu was about to follow her, the old lady grabbed his hand. Making the man stops and looked at her confusedly.

  The old lady sighs, "You see, i raise that girl like my own daughter, and her grades in highschool really makes me worried." She spoke, "So, please, take care of her really well. I'm counting on you."

  Mingyu gave her a comforting smile and placed his hand above hers, "I will try my best, Ahjumma."

 

 

 


  And so, he went upstairs to follow Soojung, that led him to the second door on the left. Soojung knocked the door harshly, "Yah! Wake up!!" Her loud voice made Mingyu jumped a little bit.

  A voice was heard inside the room, "Whaat? Is it morning already?"

  Soojung rolled her eyes, "Your tutor's coming, moron! I'm going out!" She turned her head to Mingyu, giving a thin smile before leaving. The boy huffed, remind him not to mess with her. Girls could be pretty scary sometimes.


  "Haiish.. does he has to come now?" The door was opened, revealing a girl with messy hair, scratching her nape while squinting her eyes. And Mingyu happened to recognize her.

   It's the girl whom he chased to return her purse a few days ago, Kang Seulgi.

  Apparently, Seulgi seemed to recognize him too. She gave him the same reaction before pointing at him, "You!"

  "Uh... hi?"

  The boy who interrupted her escape and made her fall to this, is her tutor now? Seulgi can only groaned.

 

 

 


  Silence filled the atmosphere. The two are sitting on the floor face to face. Mingyu was taking care of some files and Seulgi's records, while the girl herself only stared at him, clearly annoyed. She has to get rid of this 'tutor'. It should be easy, especially if it's Kim Mingyu, the school's nerd.

  Mingyu cleared his throat, trying to ignore her 'intimidating' stare, "Because it's our first meeting. Let's try to fix those wrong answers in your previous test." He put some sheets of paper to the small table.

  "I don't need a tutor, you know." Seulgi shot her first try.

  Mingyu huffed. He may be a nerd, at gym class, but that doesn't mean he's all that weak. He chuckles, "Says a girl who scores 34 on her mock test."

  That struck Seulgi a bit, she didn't expect him to answer that. She scoffed, "Well, i don't want to be tutored with a loser who can't even play basketball."

  "I'm here to teach you math and physics, so it's irrelevant."

  Seulgi clicked her tounge, "Tch, the seniors should be more experienced, yet Mr. Hwan sent someone like you instead."

 

  Kang Seulgi: 1, Kim Mingyu: 0

 

  That could be pretty hurtful. But Mingyu's face remained calm and focused on the files, "Well, Mr. Hwan wouldn't choose a student randomly, would he?"

 

  Kang Seulgi: 1, Kim Mingyu: 1

 

  Seulgi glared at him in disbelief, then laughed ssarcastically, "So you're saying you're somewhat genius?" She looked at the paperwork and pointed the last question, "Try to solve this, then. Everyone in my class got their answers wrong."

  Mingyu couldn't help but smile. He took a pencil and the paperwork, began solving the problem, "This one does have a little trap. But all you need to do is..." and in less than ten seconds, he got the right answer. 

  Seulgi had her jaw dropped. Unbelievable! He solved it like he was writing freely!  The steps are also different from what the teacher has taught. She gotta admit, that was insane.

  "You see, Kang Seulgi," Mingyu fixed his spectacles position, "If you don't want me to tutor you, that's fine. You can just sign the absence in every meeting and i'll leave. I'll earn money by the time i give it to Mr Hwan, so i got nothing to lose. Just so you know, i'm not the one who gets the disadvantages."

 


  Kang Seulgi: 1, Kim Mingyu: 3 (Double points!)

 

  
  This time, Seulgi was so shocked she almost let out curse words. Damn, why does he speak so well? She grunted, knowing she just lost, "Fine. Let's get this done with."

  Mingyu heaved a sigh. He must say, he's sort of proud he made her lost of words. Yep, let's get this done, he thought. Just like teaching his sister, right?

  Nope, his sister is a sweetheart. Not like this!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/n

Aaaand im back people ._.v

What will happen next? Stay tuned and find out! Don't forget to give feedbacks~