Part 2

Adore U (아낀다)

 

 

 

  The mid winter rain pours down pretty heavily. It was the time Taellim students to go home but unfortunately, most of them has to wait longer for the rain to stop. 

 

  Mingyu stand by the beige pillar, alongside lots of other students. A blue and white coloured umbrella was held in his hands. For the hundreds of times, he thanked god he listened to his mother for her advice. The rain may too heavy to walk through, but at least Mingyu doesn't have to wait until the rain fully stops. Just until it gets lighter and Mingyu can make it to the bus shelter.

 

  Seokmin was picked up by his brother. As for Minghao, he dared himself to run through the rain before it gets heavier. It was kinda stupid, but Mingyu knew he has a reason. Minghao needs to help his mother who runs a chinese restaurant. He huffed, Minghao must be busy.

 

  Five minutes passed, the rain finally gets lighter. Mingyu opened his umbrella and rested the stick against his shoulder, about to step forward. But just then, someone bumped onto his body. It wasn't too hard, but managed to surprise Mingyu. Especially the fact the person was a girl. Running towards the gate at such speed. Mingyu shook his head, when he looked down, he saw a small purse with blue and pink printed flowers. Mingyu grabbed it and take a look, whose purse is it?

  Mingyu asked girls nearby him to see if its theirs. But they said no. Which means, the only person who is possible to have this purse would be... the girl who ran earlier. Ah, No wonder he heard a thumping sound on the floor! Mingyu moved his head up, the girl has just left the gate. Without thinking twice, Mingyu ran through the rain. Chasing after the girl who is getting farther.

 

  Meanwhile, the girl increases her pace. Not caring how many times she'd bump into people in the streets, neither the slippery streets causing her to slip a few times, she kept running.

   The long haired girl has reached to the point she needs to rest her feet. She stopped, chest moving up and down as sweats rolling down her temple even though the weather was cold today. She has her hands on her knees as she's trying to control her heavy breathing.

 

  "Hey!"

  Shivers sent down her spine. Shoot. Her small eyes began wander around the area. She can't run anymore, she needs to hide. A second later, the girl found an alley around six feet from her. Without a doubt, the girl entered the alley.

  She leans against the wall, resting her back there. Heaving a sigh of relief. At least this way, he won't see her, right?

 

  Imagine how surprise the girl would be when she felt a mysterious hand suddenly grabbed her wrist. The girl was so shocked, she almost let out scream and instinctively looked at the hand's owner. Her face shows terror for a moment. But it quickly disappeared once she finds out the owner was a tall, spectacled nerd figure wearing the same uniform as her.

   She raised an eyebrow, "What the heck are you doing here?!" She asked, impatience was heard in her voice.

  Mingyu gulped, a little nervous when the girl raised her voice a bit. "I'm sorry for disturbing you. But-"

   "I don't care!" The girl cut his sentence while tugging his hand off, "Can't you see i'm busy?!" She didn't realize she took a step back, which made her came out from her 'hiding place'.

  "Yah! Kang Seulgi!!" Just then, a distinct voice called her name. She shivered again, because this time, she recognize that voice.

  "Yikes!" Without caring Mingyu, Seulgi ran off again. Mingyu turned around, there was another guy, wearing gym uniform, running while pointing at Seulgi who keeps getting further. The guy is also a Taellim student.

  What about the purse? Mingyu thought. He had checked what's insides and it has a lot of money. He can't keep someone's money that much.

  Seulgi heard distinct footsteps, again. She bit her lip, please don't tell it's her senior. She inhaled oxygen as much as she could, gaining energy and tries to run faster. But her legs weaken, her pace was slowing down. Seulgi turned her head around to check the situation. Her eyes widen.

 

  "Oh my god! Why are you following me?!" She became more panic seeing Mingyu is also chasing after her. Desperated, she went into another alley and hid between the garbage bins. Expecting the taller figure to follow her steps.

 

  And she was right. The moment Mingyu reached the garbage bins, Seulgi grabbed his coat and force him to knelt down while pushing him against the wall.

 

  "Yah, are you nuts?! Don't you know your action can make me got caught?!" She whispered harshly.

  "W-well, listen. I-"

  "Get down! People might see you." Seulgi pushed Mingyu's head until his touched the ground, "Now answer. Why are you following me?"

  Mingyu clears his throat, "I think you dropped something back at school and i want to return it." He took out the purse and handed it to the girl, "I believe this is... yours?" At the end, his voice sounds uncertain because instead of like he's expecting, the girl was just staring blankly at him. Then stared at the purse, and back again at Mingyu.

 

  Seulgi heaved a heavy sigh, even though it sounds more like a grunt, while covering her face with her palms. It's seems she's holding down her temper. "Have you ever thought of keeping it for awhile and return it tomorrow?"

  For awhile, Mingyu blinked rapidly. Truth to be told, he never thought of that either. Nevertheless, he can't show how embarrassed he is. "But there's so much money in it, i can't keep it." He defends himself, "Beside, why are you in a such hurry?"

  "That's not your business."

  "Are you breaking a school's law?"

  "What the- no, i'm not!"

  "Well, you can't run so desperately without a reason."

   She shot him a death glare, "Why do you care? Tch, you're wasting my time."

  The boy had his eyebrows furrowed, "Hey, at least i'm returning your purse. You know i could've taken the money instead."

  To be fair, it is her purse. And it does have a lot of money inside. Seulgi grunted and eventually taking the purse from him. "I was being chased, okay? So you better go and leave me because if i get caught i'm doome-"

  "Haha, finally." The girl's face went pale once she felt a hand was placed on her head. "I've been searching for you, Kang Seulgi." Mingyu looked up, it was the guy with gym uniform earlier. Beads of sweats running down his forehead, but a victory smile plastered on his face knowing he'd found her.

 

  "C-Chanyeol sunbae! I-" Seulgi stuttered. She looks frightened. Ah, it's Park Chanyeol, the student's council. Mingyu tilted his head, wondering why would the senior chase after her.

  "Yah, don't you know how much i've wasted my time just to chase a brat like you?" Said Chanyeol while pinching her ear.

  "O-oww! Sunbae, please have mercy on me! Please-" no matter how much she begged, the senior, Chanyeol pretended like he didn't hear while forcing her to get up. "Just shut it. You should've been thankful because the school wills to help you. Now, come along."

  "N-no! Sunbae, you don't understand-" with that, Seulgi's voice fades out while being dragged further by the senior, as their figures began to disappear from Mingyu's sight. He huffed, it was the first time he witnessed such scene. Well, it's none of his business. What matters is he has returned her stuff and that was his duty.

 

 

 


oOo

 

 

 

 

 


  "You got 34 Seulgi-ssi! Out of 100 points!"


  The principal's yell was enough to shut Seulgi up. She bit her lip while lower down her head, unable to make eye-contact. All she can do was fiddling her fingers, waiting the elder man to scold her more.

 

  Although it's not big, the principal's room is actually comfortable. It has that minimalist look along with small but uniquely carved furnitures. The sweet cinnamon scent around the place gives soothing and calming aura to the room. But sitting there while listening the principal reading out your math scores and scolding you wouldn't be so comfortable, which is exactly the situation Seulgi at.

  "All of other subjects were fine except math and physics," The principal, Mr. Hwan said, "What's the problem, Seulgi-ssi? Any explanation?"

  "Those two are my weaknesses, Mr. Hwan," Seulgi dared herself to speak, "And i'm trying hard-"

   "There are a lot of students that were in the same position as you, Seulgi." Mr. Hwan cut her coldly, "But all of them are making good progress and still growing until this semester. Upon that fact, i won't believe you're 'trying hard' because what i see it wasn't hard enough."

 

  Again, Seulgi gave nothing but silent answer. Cold sweats ran down her temple. She doesn't have the right to reply because what the principal say is actually correct.

 

  "Final exams are coming and you'll be a senior soon, Seulgi-ssi. If you keep having this number in your worksheets and still not bother to give efforts, how will you plan success for your future life?" Mr. Hwan fixed his glasses position, "I thought you are aware of how the seniors preparing for national exams."

  "I-I'm sorry." It was the only sentence Seulgi could answer. Yes, almost everybody told her how hard and exhausting the senior students life are. Also how hard it would be to enter university. To be honest, Seulgi is also terrified. But math and physics are her greatest enemies. No matter how hard she tried, she just can't at least scored 60 in her tests.

 

  Another moment of silence came through. Mr. Hwan heaved a sigh and put down his glasses, "I guess i had no choice. I'm sending you a tutor."

  Seulgi's face went pale, "N-no! Mr. Hwan-"

  "You'll be receiving lessons three times a week. Two hours per lesson, starting next monday. All you need to do is-"

  "Mr. Hwan, please. Can't i find a tutor on my own?" Seulgi interrupted. Which the principal shot a glare in return. 

  "I'm afraid you can't. I won't be able to watch your progress if you do that." Said Mr. Hwan sternly, "Look, we are trying to help, Kang Seulgi. We do it for nothing but your own good. You don't even need to pay extra fees, so why are you refusing?"

 

  Again, Seulgi bit her lip. Unable to answer.

 

  "Do you want to fix your grades, or not?" Mr. Hwan asked. Seulgi tighten her grip on her skirt, having her eyes squinted. She had no choice, no more doubt. After a long sigh, Seulgi managed to look at the principal, "Who will be my tutor?"

 

  "Probably a senior, or somebody from your generation. You'll see. Now, please sign on these documents for the approval."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

Sorry for short update, but hope you like it :) your comments and upvotes are really appreciated ^^