Love

How To Fall in Love

 

Yuya stares at the name that appears on the screen of his phone, and simply puts it away in his pocket, and continues his walk around the city, immediately feeling guilty for the action. He sighs, pulling a hood over his head, his earphone plugged in, music blasted as loud as he could, just so that if she happens to see him, he could use the excuse that he couldn’t hear her because he is listening to music. But he would be half lying; he knew he would be able to hear her, even over God’s voice.

He arrives home, and flops his body on the couch, feeling pathetic and useless; even wishing that he had never met Sakura.

Just last month, Sakura had met another man. Nakajima Yuto of Hey!Say!JUMP. Sakura has taken another drama role for an upcoming drama called “Beast Master.” There she met her leading co-star, Yuto, acting as Aoi Leo. Ever since then, they’ve spent most of their time together, at the studio, with their friends, or even the days Yuya considers “YunSakun time” Yuto has found a place in it. He never thought he would be jealous of a co-star, at least, until last week.

“I’ve always liked Yuto,” Sakura confesses to Yuya a week ago at her place, “Idols were really popular at my old school, so with my friends back then I would always listen to Hey!Say!JUMP around the time they first came out,” Yuya barely heard her talk, all he heard ringing in his head were those four cursed words. After, he just left her house and went back to his, blasting music in his room, drinking himself to sleep.

For the past week, he managed to write a song and sang it, faked a smile to his fans, and just worked. Makoto had tried to get him to talk about; Yuya just brushed it off and went on his gloomy way. Yuya pulls out his phone seeing nearly ten… beep!... Eleven text messages from Sakura and Makoto. Yuya groans, throwing him phone aside and hears a loud crack, he looks up to see his phone’s screen faced up, cracked. “.”

“What happened to your phone?” Makoto asks, pointing to it after Yuya gets back from a phone call from his manager.

“I missed the couch,” Yuya lies, stuffing it in his pocket, Makoto didn’t care.

“Anyways, did you see Beast Master yesterday? Sakura looked really good with blonde hair!” Yuya stops for a moment, the premiere was yesterday? Makoto notices Yuya’s sudden silence and groans, “would you go talk to her already?!” Yuya snaps his eyes up at Makoto.

“Who? Ai? I already told her I’m not going to do a duet with her,” Makoto rolls his eyes.

“You know who I’m talking about,” Yuya’s hand twitches, as if he was going to reach into his pocket. “What are you so bugged about anyways? Is it just ‘cause she’s hanging out with Yuma guy?” Yuya had to bite his cheek to prevent from correcting his name. Makoto sighs, “are you seriously jealous? I thought love isn’t jealous.” Yuya’s hand curls into a fist.

“It doesn’t count if she’s not mine,” Makoto narrows his eyes.

“Since when did she become an object?” feeling his blood boil, Yuya walks away from Makoto, “coward!”

Yuya pulls down his hood and out his key as he neared his house late at night, smelling of alcohol. His eyes widened at what he sees at his doorstep, glaring eyes of someone he loves. “Jerk!” Sakura screams at his face, completely infuriated, tears looking as if they were about to fall, “why did you ignore me all week!?” Yuya rolls his eyes and moves past her as if she wasn’t even there, but it stabs his heart worse than… He can’t even think of the right words to say. “don’t ignore me!” Sakura forces him to turn around, this time he’s looking at her, but with cold eyes, she flinches.

“Go home,” Yuya mutters, sliding his key in its’ hole, “it’s late and you got a recording tomorrow,” Sakura glares at him.

“Would answer me already?!” Yuya just stares, “why are you looking at me like that, Yuya?” this time, tears began to fall, “would you tell me what I did wrong already?” Yuya immediately felt guilty, he did his best to hold himself together.

“Just,” Yuya began, however, his eyes remain cold, “go to your beloved Yuto already,” Sakura’s eyes narrows.

“What does Nakajima-san have to do with this?” Her eyes widen, “are you jealous?” Yuya’s hands clench into a fist, “why are you jealous, there’s no re-!” Yuya backs her again the door, his arms on the side of her head, towering over her.

“I have every right to be jealous!” Sakura sniffs his breath.

“Are you dru-?”

“He just came out of nowhere and all of a sudden you’re both buddy-buddy?! What the hell?!” Yuya shut his eyes, “why can’t you just realize it already?!” Sakura clenches her teeth, stepping forward getting in his face.

“When you stop being a coward!” That sets Yuya off, he pulls her face close to him and roughly presses her lips against his.

At first, Sakura remained still, caught off guard, but she responds, wrapping her arms around Yuya’s neck, kissing him back. His hand move to the back of her head and deepens the kiss, tilting her a bit to get more access, while his other hand moves to her lower back, keeping her body close to him.

Yuya had always imagined the way he would first kiss Sakura, it was gentle, and sweet just for her. This kiss is nothing like that, so he pulls away a bit, but she pulls him back, trying to get as much of his lips as her breath will let her.

Finally, they both part from each other, Yuya stares into his star’s eyes, seeing that familiar twinkle, he couldn’t but laugh and peck her on the lips again, leaning his forehead against hers, catching his breath. “I love you,” Sakura smiles and giggles a bit.

“I know,” Yuya hugs her tight and kisses her on the forehead.

“Don’t ruin the moment.”

…………………………..

“…and that’s how your mother and I finally got together,” Yuya tells his son with a bright smile on his face, looking like a go lucky idiot. His son rolls his eyes.

“You seriously couldn’t tell that Yuto-oji was gay for Ryosuke-oji?” Yuya pouts.

“Hey, I don’t exactly have a very strong gaydar you know!” Yuya’s son rolls his eyes again.

“Yeah, I know,” his checks his watch and grabs his sports bag, “See ya later, otou-san.”

“Wait, you want me to drive you?”

“No.” Yuya’s closes the door on his dad, making his way to the soccer fields for his team’s scrimmage. Upon arriving, he sees that a girls’ team is practicing themselves.

“Hey! Matsua!” He looks up to see his team stretching and practicing small passes to each other. He places his stuff on the ground with the others and heard a whistle blow.

“That concludes today’s practice! Good work everybody!” He turns around from the sound of the whistle and his eyes widen when he sees a girl glowing brightly, smiling as she makes her way towards him.

“Excuse me,” she begins and he snaps out of his daze, “I need to get my bag,” quickly he moves out of the way and she grabs her things and her teammates grab her, smiling brightly with her and she begins to glow again. He slaps his forehead.

“.”