Step 4: Falling In Love

How To Fall in Love

 

“Whoa!” Sakura jumps when the lights in the park suddenly go out, the area lit by the mere shine of the moon and the stars. It is not the darkness of the park that causes her sudden outburst. “Yuya look!” Sakura tugs on Yuya’s sleeve, pointing up to the sky, the millions of stars shining over them brightly. “It’s so pretty!” She exclaims, grabbing his hand and leading him to the grass, lying down and looking up at the sky, face glowing with amazement. Yuya lies next to her, looking up at the sky, taking small glances at the raven haired angel beside him, her focus completely on trying to make shapes out of the stars. “There’s the Big Dipper!” She exclaims, Yuya laughs following her finger, then gently grabs her hand and makes another shape in the stars.

            “There’s Leo,” Sakura grins, pulling out her cellphone, going online, then covers the light by facing the screen down on her stomach, grabbing Yuya’s hand and making a shape she just found.

            “Gemini!” Yuya smiles as she continues to look back and forth at her cellphone and the sky. Her aura completely different than when they had first met.

            When he first met her, she was cold, indifferent to everyone, especially towards him. Now, she was all smiles, the air around her was easier to breathe, and only around him was she her real self. Around their friends, she would be smiling, happily going along with whatever they have planned, however, with him it different. Like now, doing something completely random, just in the spur of the moment, they are making shapes in the sky.

            After three long years since they met, she has become a successful actress, her acting in Kaichou wa Maid-sama became extremely successful and she quickly began to get recommendations from different directors and producers.

            It’s known by celebrities and the media that Yuya and Sakura are close friends, and there have been rumors that they were dating, but Sakura, without hesitation denied that relationship. Much to Yuya’s disappointment.

            They don’t even have to disguise themselves in public being together, even when they would hold hands, with Sakura simply stating, “it’s friendly, if our hands were interlocked, then that’s when people are allowed to make assumptions.”

            Yuya holds in a sigh he wants to release; Sakura is completely oblivious to his feelings and by a single sigh, he fears he could ruin something special between them. Especially after all those years. Yuya looks up at the lamp post, wondering when the lights would come back on until they have to go back to their homes, and tomorrow just being another day for both of them.

“No way!” Sakura yells, sitting up and pointing to the sky, “a shooting star!” Yuya sat up quickly as well, catching the star before it disappears to who knows where, “make a wish! Make a wish!” Sakura closes her eyes, making a wish; however, Yuya remained motionless, staring at Sakura, who is deeply concentrating in making her wish.

I wish… Yuya scoots closer to her, a handing reaching out to cup the side of her face; Sakura’s eyes snap open. “Yuya..?” She was shining brighter than any star in the sky. He leans close to her, praying the lights would never turn on.

“Sakura…” Yuya began, his hand trailing through Sakura’s hair, finding a small leaf. His mouth is close to her ear, the words just wanting to burst out from his mouth. The lights turn on, and he couldn’t help but curse the world in his mind. Then another thought pops in his, believing fate is trying to tell him it’s for the best. He pulls away, as well as the leaf he grabbed, and smiling playfully, as if he wasn’t as close as he was, “you have leaves in your hair!” Sakura’s eyes were wide, and quickly she pulls the leaves out of her hair and glares at him, quickly standing up, with her hands on her hips. Strangely, her face is pink.

“Geez! You scared me you jerk!” Sakura insults him with a smirk on her lips, Yuya laughs, getting up and offering his arm to playfully take her home. She gladly takes it, leading him more than him.

And I don’t ever want to lose that star.