finale

Werewolf Adventures: Cat

"Hakyeon!" 

Hakyeon's eyes were neither open nor closed. They weren't in focus either, as they drooped down at the ground. He showed no recognition other than pitiful whimpers as he weakly sensed someone. 
Wonshik gently lifted him up, one arm under his knees and the other supporting his back. 

Wonshik looked at his brother in worry, "Hyung, he's freezing". 

"We have to get back" was Leo's response. They were worried that Hakyeon's injuries were fatal. 

Wonshik nodded but they were at a disadvantage because it would need to be on foot since Hakyeon wasn't conscious and wonshik had to carry him.  

Sanghyuk and Hongbin frowned when they saw the state of the feline. His hair was a mess and he had lost a crazy amount of weight; bony and round cheeks now sunken. His skin was pale and his eyes had dark circles. 

"I can't believe he's like this after a week!" Hongbin exclaimed. 

"He looks worse than when we first met," Wonshik swallowed. 

Sanghyuk noticed the unnatural angle Hakyeon's right foot hung in Wonshik's hold. He came closer and took his foot in hand, noticing the severe blue bruising and bone protruding. 

"Oh my good, his ankle is broken!" Sanghyuk exclaimed, "How is he not awake from the pain?!"

"The vampire injected him with something" Wonshik recalled. They were on the move quickly and thankfully, Hakyeon was still breathing; in fact he was purring. 

"It's a coping mechanism", Sanghyuk stated when Wonshik got a hopeful look on his face, "his body is trying to distort the anxiety by creating a false sense of comfort. Cats do that".

The journey back was excruciating and halfway, Hakyeon started to move around, signalling that he may be gaining consciousness. However, Wonshik's hopes shattered again when Hakyeon curled up even closer against the alpha's chest. He was sweating and shivering. 
This was not good. 

This whole time Sungjae hadn't said anything as he watched in guilt. He took off his sweater and placed it on the feline. 
Wonshik glared at him but didn't say anything. He was also getting tired but they needed to get back as quick as possible 

Finally they arrived and Sanghyuk had already went ahead to get a room prepared. He was quick to hook him up to an IV for the malnourishment and dehydration, and removed his shirt to wipe a wet rag on him to address the high fever. 

"He'll be out for a while", Sanghyuk stated, "Its good we found him. The vampire wasn't planning on keeping him alive".

"That would explain why he didn't put up a fight", Leo muttered as he walked to the door. 

"Ravi?"

"Y-you guys go ahead; I'll stay with Hakyeon". 

The others nodded and took their leave. 
"I'll bring you dinner", Jaehwan offered kindly. 

Wonshik could now see the bruises all over Hakyeon's body, particulay on the neck, wrists, hips, waist and ankles. But Hakyeon did suffer a good amount of punches to the stomach and face. He had a black eye, slit lip, and cuts on his face. The feline had definitely put up a fight. 

-----
"Thanks hyung" wonshik muttered as he took the fast food package from Jaehwan. 

"No problem. Why are you so down? We saved him Ravi", Jaehwan sat next to him. 

Ravi sighed, "I know, but he's been through a lot but I'm worried that Hakyeon would have trust issues again ------ after what Sungjae did. He doesn't deserve all this".

"Many good people don't deserve what happens to them" Ken said wisely, "But Hakyeon will be fine".

"How do you know that?" Wonshik muttered. 

"Because he's not alone; he has you by his side".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonshik slept a few hours that night. It was around 6am that Hakyeon began to stir, his eyes fluttering open. 

"Hakyeon?"

He blinked and turned to see Wonshik.
"What----how----where am I?" He rasped. 

"The hospital. You were in terrible condition when we found you", Wonshik stated. 

Then Hakyeon began to shake, when he remembered the events of the past few days. 

Ravi got up immediately to comfort him but Hakyeon moved away, "D-dont touch me. P-please".

Ravi withdrew immediately but was frustrated as he watched Hakyeon calm himself down. Ravi hated not being there for his mate. 

When he calmed down, he spoke. 
"He was going to kill me", Hakyeon said.

"But I thought he took you for your blood?" Wonshik said. So Sanghyuk's speculation was right; the vampire wasn't planning on keeping Hakyeon alive. 

"The taste of it changed apparently. He was furious, saying it tasted like dirty dog blood". 

Wonshik's eyes widened, "It changed because we mated?" 

"I guess so", Hakyeon shrugged, "That's why he tried to ------ t-to get rid of the mate mark, he ---" Hakyeon didn't finish as he began to tear up again. 

Wonshik frowned, knowing what Hakyeon was trying to say. In fact, he saw it when he first looked through their link. But he didn't tell Hakyeon that. The poor thing was already mortified as it was. 

He patted his back, "It's fine. You're safe now."

"Y-you are still gonna be my mate after he me?" Hakyeon asked astonished. 

Wonshik felt his heart break at the disbelief in the feline's voice. Did Hakyeon think he'd abandon him after becoming mates, for being hurt?
Then again, he probably was afraid to trust again after being betrayed by Sungjae. 

This time, Ravi didn't hold back as he embraced Hakyeon tightly. 
"I told you I'd save you. And I also told you I'll be yours for the rest of my life", Wonshik said against Hakyeon's neck, "I would never abandon you Yeonnie". 

Wonshik felt whole again as he hugged Hakyeon tightly. 

"S-sorry, I'm so sorry", Hakyeon began to sob. Wonshik patted his back as he held him tight, "why are you crying love? What are you sorry for?"
Hakyeon moved away from his embrace and didn't meet his eyes, "H-he said he negotiated a deal with a wolf to buy me------- i-i thought y-you sold me out. I th-thought you were done with m-me". 

Ravi was indeed shocked and deeply hurt that Hakyeon would have such little trust in him. But he knew he had to understand because Hakyeon was hurt all his life and it was difficult to trust someone wholeheartedly. But wonshik was content as long as Hakyeon tried; tried to trust him and feel safe. 

"I didn't remember anything ----"

"shhh it's fine. Just rest okay? I'll get you some food", Ravi offered. 
-------------------------------------------------------
The others came to visit Hakyeon the next day. 
"so how's my favorite smart ?" Hongbin teased. 
"Fine" Hakyeon muttered. they saved his life so he decided to be on his best behavior and show some gratitude. 

"I --- th-thank you. For saving me", he muttered, "Imsorryforbeingrudeandnottrustingyouguys".

The last part was extremely fast but they all understood Hakyeon's effort and smiled fondly. 
"Huh? What was that? I didn't get the last bit", Hongbin teased.  

"S-sorry --- for being rude ---- n-not trusting y-you", Hakyeon whispered slower, face red in embarrassment. 

"Huh?" Hongbin still acted confused. 

"Are you deaf Hongbong?" Hakyeon snapped in frustration. 

The latter snickered, "At least you still have your personality". 

He was smacked upside the head lightly by Wonshik who just entered with some lunch. 
"Yah, don't patronize him when he's trying to be nice".

They laughed. 
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hakyeon thought he'd be fine. besides, he's been through a lot more but was alright. 
However, he underestimated the effect of betrayal on himself. As soon as he returned, the nightmares began ------ more like memories of everything he'd been through. from a young age, he suppressed all the torture but being captured again forced him to face it all.
It can to the point Hakyeon got only a couple hours of sleep and was fearful if not around Wonshik or anyone else. Even dealing with Hongbin was preferable to being alone. 

Of course, he wouldn't dare tell his mate that with the fear of looking pitiful and dependent. But Wonshik wasn't blind and noticed that Hakyeon only slept about 6 hours a day. it wouldnt have been too terrible but Hakyeon was a cat and needed at least 12 hours of sleep daily. 

------------
"Hey Sanghyuk". 

"Oh Hakyeon!" The latte said in surprise. the feline never visited him before. he was in the middle of lunch so company was appreciated.

"oh you're eating. I won't be here long, I just wanted a small favor", Hakyeon explained guiltily. 

Sanghyuk waved him off, "Sure what is it?"

"Uh medication? For sleeping?" 

"Oh insomnia? Is it the dreams?" Sanghyuk asked. 

Hakyeon nodded. 

"Mind joining me for lunch? It's kinda boring. then I can give you the pills", Sanghyuk offered. 

Hakyeon sat across from him. 

"Have you eaten?" Sanghyuk asked. 

"yeah, I'm not hungry".  

"So did wonshik recommend you come here?" sanghyuk asked. 

"No, I was having a little trouble so i decided to come directly to you", Hakyeon said. 

"So he doesnt know about the dreams?" 

"More like memories", Hakyeon said under his breath. 

"It wouldn't hurt to talk about it Hakyeon", Sanghyuk advised. 

"I dealt with it myself before. I can deal with it now."

Sanghyuk sighed and handed him a bottle of pills. "alright but no more than 2 per day". hakyeon nodded and thanked him. 
______------

"Yeonnie, are you feeling okay?" Wonshik asked, greeting Hakyeon with a peck. 

The latter was lying around, bored out of his mind. 
"I'm fine", Hakyeon said as he hugged his mate. wonshik noticed that Hakyeon had gotten quite clingy over the days and it was most likely due to boredom. 
Hakyeon often asked to come along with Wonshik than be stuck around in the house. 
Unfortunately, he couldn't so he decided to ask Jaehwan if Hakyeon could tag along with him. 
Jaehwan accepted immediately. He spent his days supervising the children and helping around with management and office duties. 

"But Leo hates me" Hakyeon whined, knowing Jaehwan mainly was Leo's personal assistant.
Wonshik only chuckled and rolled his eyes, "no he doesn't. Maybe if you're more respectful, he'll be nicer".

"Why can't i be your personal assistant?" Hakyeon groaned. 

"I don't need a personal assistant and besides, you don't like long hours of walking and running", Wonshik pointed out, "you can always stay at home if you don't want to---"

"I'll go", Hakyeon muttered. 

--------------------------
Things went okay until Jaehwan had left to photocopy something.  Hakyeon turned to follow him when Leo said his name. He froze and turned. The alpha was looking down at his paper as he asked Hakyeon to hand him some book sitting near the couch of his spacious office. 

Hakyeon gave it to him and leaned against the wall, waiting for Ken to return. Sure, he acted like a smartass with the pack alpha but that was to hide his fear of the intimidating male. 

Leo was busy with the territory reports and paid little attention to distractions. How ever, he was forced to stop due to large waves of fear attacking his senses. 
He looked up to see Hakyeon looking at his feet, rocking back and forth. 

Leo raised a brow before speaking "Are you scared of me?" He said in a surprised tone. 

Hakyeon's jolt confirmed his suspicion but the feline glared at him. 
"You wish", he scoffed, not meeting the alpha's eyes. 

'Interesting' Leo smirked, as the sadistic streak in him took over. 
He grinned and crossed his arms as he smugly looked at Hakyeon.

"Fine I am, happy?" Hakyeon snapped. 

"I thought you were fearless?" Leo teased with amusement. 

Hakyeon glared at him. Just then, Jaehwan came in and Hakyeon followed him out to help with something else. 

--------

"Your brother is creep", Hakyeon greeted Wonshik with a scowl. 

The latter looked at him and grinned. guess Hakyeon's day went as well is it possible could. 

He hugged him affectionately, "aw, did he bully my kitty?"

"Sometimes I wonder how you are even related", Hakyeon rolled his eyes, giving Ravi a peck on the cheek. 

"I thought it wouldn't be so bad since you would be mainly with Jaehwan hyung" Ravi pondered. 

"It wasn't ... That bad", Hakyeon relented. 

Wonshik felt content, things would get better and he felt whole again. 

He hugged the latter and kissed his forehead. In return, Hakyeon only stared at him wierdly. 

"what?"

"you're awfully cringy today, is something wrong?" Hakyeon asked in suspicion.  

Leave it to Hakyeon to ruin the moment. 
Wonshik rolled his eyes, "Everything's perfect, you're perfect".

"ugh!" Hakyeon turned as he pretended to gag but Ravi saw the tint on his cheeks.